Focus Fanatics Forum banner

From stock 2001 S2 to new 450hp+

105K views 627 replies 69 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the car new from the dealer and 9 years later look like this.

Water ingestion bent 2nd and 3rd rods.

So I decided to built it like I always wanted to. While the engine was in the machine shop added a body kit and painted the car.

Was painted under and frames as well.

Reinforced LCA

Installed Total poly bushings kit, Eibach Sportlines springs, sways and dampers with SPC kit, new hubs and EBC SVT rotors front and back.

Will finish with brakes and susp. later.
As for the engine:
Block and crank was decked, balanced, chamfered, tanked, etc., Eagle rods, Probe pistons, Clevite bearings, FR stage 3 cams and high lift springs, FRIM, 70mm tb, O/U pulleys, high flow oil pump, Bosch alt.(220), Steeda fuel rail, Siemens 60 inj., and a bunch of other stuff, you get the idea.

SPA mani and Precision 5857

I will update soon, desperate to finish.

See less See more
#130 ·
I mean I could see if you confused a Zetec with a Duratec...but thinking a transverse 4 cyl is a longitudinal V8...a whole new level, haha.

#131 ·
[neener] ok ok lol you got me, idk what i was thinking, hell i seriously didnt look at half the pages. oh well anyways that build is sick looking i cant wait till it's done!

#135 ·
I only wish! Lol! Did not wanted any on the car but if somebody is willing to give a 1/4 of that will gladly put any :)

haha yeah i know! thank god i got that from you too since im going turbo ill be safe until 245hp
You will actually be good to 245tq, probably around 300-320hp, although is the specs limit it can hold a bit more.

#136 ·
She's out for downpipe but the muffler guy got second thoughts because of the space with the SPA. Bmylez is selling one but he was very honest and told me it won't work with my turbo. Contacted Bryan @ TS and waiting answer from him, we'll see. Want to run a 3" downpipe.

Couple of pics, side skirts still missing but the SVT mirrors and euro grill got installed.

On the flat bed.

#137 ·
Updates- sold the SPA mani and found a guy to make a custom manifold and 3" downpipe with external WG dump, no longer using the Turbosmart 38mm so if anyone wants it is brand new, pm me, Fernando talk me into a Tial MVR 44mm. Since is about 2 weeks to get my custom mani, decided to cut the bumper because it was sitting perfectly for the track but not as a DD. Know most do not like the bumper anyway but here is what I did.

Put it under the top and fastened with rivets.

Front view, now the bumper is 5.75 inches from the ground

#138 · (Edited)
Dominic just finished the manifold and shipping it today, since the 5857 is a 4 bolt, he fab a an adapter to a V-band for the downpipe for flexibility, the FRIM is bigger than the regular one and will need the extra adjustability, the adapter serves well for future turbo upgrade.

#142 ·
This guy has amazing skills, so easy to deal with... It took him 2 weeks to get all the materials and about 5 days to do it, getting the exhaust from his white car too, although have to mod it a bit for the quad tails for the rear bumper.

#145 ·
An O2 sensor will reach operating temp just a little later than if it were mounted in the downpipe, mainly because it's a turbo car. If he does 10 sec of boosting, the sensor will be plenty hot.

#151 ·
I'll quote:The turbo support brace is needed with this manifold because it built from .049 and .065 tubing. The support brace is made from .065 chromoly tubing. This entire setup weighs only 8lbs which is a lot less than just a basic manifold built from schedule 10 pipe. The tubing and merge collector is 316 stainless steel and the flanges are 304 stainless.

#153 ·
As cool as the less weight is. you want as much weight over the front wheels as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.