electronic superchargers????????? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 63482
What I Drive: 01 zx3 and 04 svt

FF Reputation: 1 snake/eyes Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
electronic superchargers?????????

I have been doing what a lot of us do... Try to find out ways to make your car faster and better <on a budget>..Well its been a few years since i saw my first ebay <esc> and laughed my ass off.... But now it looks like they are gonna start coming on cars very soon....they are gonna be used to eliminate turbo lag <a supercharged and turbocharged car?> But it also seems that they might have some that actually work now, and for people on a budget or not wanting to boost ,this might be a cool little gadget.....I am NOT a mechanic in fact when i need answers i talk to you guys and then research it myself.....I might be wrong about this but here are the links to some of the info i have come across <tried to keep the ebay knock off stuff out but any way please watch ....and make a comment on weather this is a real deal or bullshit...oh yeah do you think tom will count this as boosting <meaning if someone wants to stay na or bolt on would they loose there updates to his tune? Anyway sorry for the grammer and stuff kinda been drinking lol.....

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

http://www.force-flow.com/

is this the future? gonna see a surge of hi amp alternators and deep cell batteries i think ..also would these products harm a car in any way

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 01:48 AM   #2
Ehh...

Fan#: 43589
What I Drive: 02 SC SVT

Points 18,158, Level 85
Points: 18,158, Level: 85 Points: 18,158, Level: 85 Points: 18,158, Level: 85
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 48 ChuckDee Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
idk, this looks really interesting, but ill be waiting for someone to chime in on this.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:54 AM   #3
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,830, Level 78
Points: 14,830, Level: 78 Points: 14,830, Level: 78 Points: 14,830, Level: 78
Level Up 95% Completed
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
waste of time and definitely not the future. these have been proven to do no more than 1psi and for that you have a very large amperage draw which means drag from the alternator. bad thing is, alternators today are made to maintain a charge and yes, they can take a high amp draw, but only for short periods.
also take a hard look at those, do you really want something thats going to block airflow and come apart when the actual engine air draw overcomes these things? ever wonder why no one uses them (except maybe the high school ricers)?
theres only one real electric s/c out there, and it's not cheap either.
your risk, wanna be cheap now, gonna pay later and in a bigger way, especially if the thing fails (having crap directly in your intake path is never a bright idea)
Old 03-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
Fear the TurboSnail!

Fan#: 40342
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus ST

Points 6,655, Level 53
Points: 6,655, Level: 53 Points: 6,655, Level: 53 Points: 6,655, Level: 53
Level Up 53% Completed
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 13 UnFocusedST Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
From watching the first vid it sound like a good idea how they are going to set it up. Reducing turbo lag would be nice. Like they state a standard car battery can't handle it though.
Team Duratec #17
Hatch Nation #17
Midwest Crew #55
Boosted Crew #118
Old 03-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 69029
What I Drive: 2005 focus zx4, 2003 cbr f4i

FF Reputation: 8 2wheeladict Good Standing Member
when i was in uti in the nissan program, we helped build a hybrid racecar for braile batteries. it was a nissan altima with a hybrid 2.5. they got together with vortec and started working on an electric supercharger to boost 7 pounds and put down 400hp with the ISA's power included. never saw it run. they always had problems with it but im sure they have worked them out by now. the thing looked like a turbo with a big ass starter motor on the back.

http://brailebatteries.com/
Old 03-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 69029
What I Drive: 2005 focus zx4, 2003 cbr f4i

FF Reputation: 8 2wheeladict Good Standing Member
Braille Battery Debuts North America’s First Hybrid Race Car at SEMA
Published Wednesday, November 5, 2008 by Braille Press. Filed in Car Shows & Competitions, Circuit Racing.

BRAILLE BATTERY TO DEBUTE “HOT ROD HYBRID” RACE CAR IN NISSAN NORTH AMERICA SEMA BOOTH # 36215

Las Vegas – Nov 4th – Braille Battery revealed today an exciting collaboration with Nissan North America to create a “Hot Rod Hybrid” that will utilize the Nissan Altima Hybrid. This Hybrid race car is for use in the newly formed Hybrid/electric class in the Redline Time Attack Series and the Cannonball Run/One Lap of America race in April 2009. The car was built in partnership with Universal Technical Institute (UTI) and was painted in eco friendly DuPont paint by East Ridge High School located in Clermont, FL. It utilizes forward thinking products including no-waste ECO 2009 Sparco racing seats, Power Film flexible solar panels, Braille hybrid racing battery and energy conserving Yokohama tires and Stillen aero body paneling.

“We were very honored that Nissan North America chose to select our battery company to build and power this forward thinking race car”, said Brand Manager Ray Ferriera for Braille Battery. “Braille has established a history of providing batteries to start race cars. This project will start a new category of race car that has so many exciting possibilities. The Braille Battery Nissan Altima Hot Rod Hybrid embodies all the concepts that are built into every one of our batteries from lightweight reliable engineering to conserving and recycling materials. We partnered with many aftermarket manufacturers to inspire them to think about the future of racing and our impact on the environment. Many companies have stepped forward already and are represented on the vehicle and many more are showing positive interest here at the SEMA show to get involved. Braille is very aware that to have a future in racing you must first have a future.”

Braille’s past racing projects have led to the development of their lightweight carbon fiber racing batteries for competition and consumer sales. Braille supplies batteries for teams in NASCAR, American Le Mans, Formula Drift, Open Wheel, Drag Racing, and many others. Braille’s patented carbon fiber batteries are becoming the new trend for original equipment usage in performance production vehicles. Blake Fuller, the driver of the Hot Rod Hybrid and owner of Braille Battery continues this thought, “Throughout history, racing has resulted in the development of new technology of future passenger cars. The success of this collaborative project will help to launch a revolution in Hybrid technology and the way Hybrids are perceived by consumers and aftermarket parts manufacturers. We hope to provide the best solution not just in starting batteries, but also in the Hybrid and Electric Vehicle industries.”

Specifications and Performance

Nissan Altima Hybrid – Braille Battery “Hot Rod Hybrid” Race Car
Weight 2970.5 pounds (3485 stock)
“Hot Rod Hybrid” System: 2.5 Liter Inline 4 Cylinder – Ethanol E85 Fuel Permanent Magnet AC Synchronous – Braille Battery Powered
“Hot Rod Hybrid” Horsepower* 440 HP
Modifications – Ethanol E85* Vortech Electric Supercharger DCHSEO-P1
Modifications – Electric Drive* Braille Battery Carbon Racing Pack – Phase 1 Experimental
Horsepower Peak – Ethanol E85* 270 HP @ Crank / 270 @ Crank - Estimated
Torque – Electric* 240 lb/ft @ 0 – 1500 rpm, Voltage 650 Volt Max
Battery Charging Regeneration Technology, Solar Panel Charging System
Transmission Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission
Chassis Unitized body construction with TIG Welded 6 Point Racing Cage
Suspension BC Racing Aluminum Coil Over Suspension, Stillen Sway Bar
Brakes Wilwood Lightweight Vented Disk w 4-channel ABS
Seats Sparco “ECO2009” Made from waste materials, FIA Approved
Steering Wheel Sparco 360 Suede Wheel
Wheels Front/Rear: 18 x 9 Enkei Lightweight LF-10 Rims
Tires Front/Rear: 255/40 18” Yokohama Low Rolling Resistance Neova High Performance Tires
Acceleration Quarter Mile* 12.9 sec. @ 109.2 mph estimated
Lateral Acceleration* 1.02 g
Braking: 60-0* 97 feet
Racing Fuel Economy* 35 laps at Sebring vs. 20 Laps at Sebring for Non-Hybrid
* Unverified Data. Information Calculated on Individual Manufacturers Specifications

Project Partners

APR Performance Carbon Fiber Splitter
BC Suspension Coil Over Suspension
Braille Battery Design & Production of Altima Braille B106C Battery, Braille Hybrid Carbon Battery Pack
Composite Envisions Complete Carbon Fiber Composite Supply
DuPont Low VOC Paint – Environmentally Safer
DCW Race Fabrication Vehicle Race Preperation - Special Leaf Design Exhaust
East Ridge High School Auto Body Students Painted Vehicle
Enkei Lightweight Racing Wheels LF-10 Model
Ethanol / Epic KL Energy Corp Ethanol Racing Fuel
Nissan North America Altima Hybrid Vehicle
Power Film Solar Flexible High Rate Power Solar Panels
Sparco USA Special Edition “Eco2009” - Made From Excess Production Materials
Stillen Aerodynamic Body Kit, Rear Sway Bar Upgrade
Universal Technical Institute Student Education Involvement for Build of Vehicle
Vortech Electric Supercharger System
VIS Racing Lightweight Carbon Fiber Hood
Wilwood Brakes Lightweight Racing Rotors and Calipers
Xpel Headlight Treatment
Yokohama Tires Neova High Performance Tires – Low Rolling Rate

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.