Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What is this thing called?

665 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Juantron 
#1 ·

I bought a used JRSC kit, and the seller called this the "electronic interface" for the MAF sensor. According to him it had a "missing resistor or coil and 2 broken pins (one + and one -)" and "not sure if the vacuum valves are still in working, you will see a hose that is plugged to the MAF".

Can anyone help me decipher this message? He said I should be able to get a new one from Ford Racing, but I've also heard from another member that the Diablo MAFia replaces this piece.

See less See more
#2 ·
i believe that's jrsc black box for fuel tuning .don't even bother with that piece of pooh, just get a tune from tom & be done with it. i don't think you'll need a mafia if your not running the BBK.

#3 ·
ROFL, that is the coolest response I've ever gotten...this thing does kinda remind me of a piece of poo.

On another note, I remember seeing a picture of all the parts laid out for the Focus JRSC at one point in time...now I can't find it. Anyone know where that thing has gotten to?

#4 ·
Absolutely no need for mafia w a jrsc kit, no way you will max the maf out even with a bbk.

About that box, do NOT use it!... I lost a motor back in 2003 with my first jackson racing kit by my third oil change, dealer installed... back when it wasn't common knowledge that the 'black box' was just a band aid for fuel management
Posted via FF Mobile

#5 ·
Okay, and I've already got an SCT XCAL3 with Tom's tune. I'll just be going through him again for the FI tune after everything is installed.

I just realized I was thinking about a picture for a PWSC kit from my previous post...so does anyone else know of a visual parts layout for the JRSC kit so I can compare to see what I may be missing?

#7 ·
That sir is a POS !, I wouldnt even rate it as poo LOL

As for the MAFia , I have had over a many go over the 5volts of the stock MAF with the BBK , I dont and wont use the failed MAF tables , If the MAF goes over 4.8 volts or more then 960 counts in my opinion its time for a MAFia or larger MAF wich you loose some driveability from

We can see what yours does if you want to hold off and get the MAFia till we see thats fine , it can be added any time

Tom

#9 ·
i believe it's a flux capacitor that only works once you reach 88 mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.