precision turbo - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2003, 04:04 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 447
What I Drive: focus zx5

FF Reputation: 1 slim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
precision turbo

So about how much hp can you get out of this turbo. Ive seen toms kits and they looked great but I can aford five large ones . I just want around 230- 250 horses. If I get this do most dyno shops put the parts on or are they just there to tune and dyno cars etc. And would I need a boost controller and turbo timer or anything like that . Basically what Im saying is what would I need to go with the kit.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2003, 06:17 PM   #2
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 54,974, Level 100
Points: 54,974, Level: 100 Points: 54,974, Level: 100 Points: 54,974, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 69%
Activity: 69% Activity: 69% Activity: 69%
FF Reputation: 155 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
The kit comes with a chip BUT NO TUNING on it so you will have to find some one to tune it but the broblem is there is 2 people in the US that can do it CORRECTLY

It wont do over 220 safely and it comes with injectors that are to small 36`s and i dont like the oil pump pumping the oil from the turbo back to the engine ,But thats my opinion

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-21-2003, 04:42 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

how many kits out are any good ? I know your kit is great. Tell me what all comes with your kit. Can give me so pros and cons to your kit and others. Because if Im going to shell out big bucks for a kit than I want it to be worth it . And one more thing is your kit easy to tune. If I find a dyno shop here in missouri which will probably be like finding a needle in a hay stack can it be tuned even though the person at the shop isnt familiar with it . What Im trying to say I dont want to shell out 5000 or more get it to a shop and get it installed tuned incorrectly and have my engine blow up on my way back home.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:09 PM   #4
Marauder

Fan#:
Quote:
Originally posted by 1turbofocus
i dont like the oil pump pumping the oil from the turbo back to the engine ,But thats my opinion
Not much you can do when you place the turbo so low in the car....can't have oil pressure build up in the turbo and blow seals.

DiabloChips is going to have their Predator out soon for the Focus. Guess they are working on the whole Ford line....would be much better than a chip!

Garrett has only built a very small number of GT28R turbos so far. I think they were all built by hand. Makes the kit just that much more expensive, when a GT28 would have worked, just need to boost it higher. Packaging would have been easier with the smaller turbo as well.

Last edited by Marauder; 10-21-2003 at 02:12 PM.

Old 10-22-2003, 10:36 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

So what your saying is diablo is working on a turbo or a different chip or what.
Hey tom will you please answer me back . I might want to buy one of your kits in the future . I wanted to know what all comes with your kit and what were the pro and cons of it .
Old 10-22-2003, 01:15 PM   #6
FF Affiliate

Points 54,974, Level 100
Points: 54,974, Level: 100 Points: 54,974, Level: 100 Points: 54,974, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 69%
FF Reputation: 155 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
There is a list on my website of parts www.focus-power.com the tuning comes with it and is ready to go to dyno only to make sure it is safe there is 4 settings on the chip to give you some tuneability

There still is NO other turbo kit for the Focus that has tuning and that is the biggest down fall to them all

Marauder ,, there is NO diff. between a flash and a chip as for what they will do quality or power wise ,,The flash is coming out because the port the chips go in have been done away with and flash is the only solution

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-22-2003, 03:48 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

so let me ask you this tom? If I get it installed in my town can I drive it to where it'll be dynoed or would I have to have them put on then dyno it . Is it set at like 5 psi before you put it on . Is it easy to install . The mechanics down here mostly deal with v-8s. there are no speed shops here .
Old 10-22-2003, 04:46 PM   #8
FF Affiliate

Points 54,974, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 69%
Yes is it easy to install but time consuming and you can install it in one place and drive it to where you are going to dyno it

It is set for 8-10 psi and as high as 15 with High Oct 105 or better above 9psi

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-22-2003, 06:26 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

so if it is set at that level of psi than in order to get it dynoed I have to drvie to st louis or kc which is about 3 hours either way from where I live . So you dont think it will harm my motor . At 8-10 psi what would my hp numbers might be . I also would like to know how many horses I could get safely before I have to start getting internals. Iknow I would need a new clutch,and a lsd . Would my stock cams and gears be okay . Or would it be better to get new cams and gears . I know you have a different fly wheel. What would I need to get to be around 275 to 280 . Just would like some info. You the man ! You the man!

thanx.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:28 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Oh yeah I just forgot . The highest octane we have around here is 93. Would that be alright for what I want to acheive or would I need more racier fuel.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.