toms duratec kit?? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51419
What I Drive: 2005 white Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Mr.Zx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
toms duratec kit??

i was looking for some reason on why the kit never made it out and couldnt find anything unless i missed reading somewhere

Last of the Hatches #26
cai (not stealth), 2.5 custom magnaflow exhaust
    Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #2
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 54,743, Level 100
Points: 54,743, Level: 100 Points: 54,743, Level: 100 Points: 54,743, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 44%
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Because there is a few lower quality kits that cost less and people want cost vs quality so I wont be making any more Duratec kit

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 11-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 49229
What I Drive: 2005 Infra Red Focus ST

FF Reputation: 5 streetracer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
lower quality?

focussport's kit is a good quality kit.

how much would your kit have cost, Tom?
Old 11-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
FF Affiliate

Points 54,743, Level 100
Points: 54,743, Level: 100 Points: 54,743, Level: 100 Points: 54,743, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 44%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
we disagree , internal waste gate , suck through maf , limited HP injectors etc = low quality in my opinion

If I had made my kit it would of been roughly 4900 to 5500.00

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 11-30-2008, 02:01 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51419
What I Drive: 2005 white Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Mr.Zx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ok thanks for the quick answer didnt know about the fs injectors and such
Last of the Hatches #26
cai (not stealth), 2.5 custom magnaflow exhaust
Old 11-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 49229
What I Drive: 2005 Infra Red Focus ST

FF Reputation: 5 streetracer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
in most peoples opinion, suck through is better than blow through.. at least from my experiences. i have a lot of friends that would rather be suck through. the injectors can be upgraded to 60lb injectors which handle 380-400whp.. but on a stock engine, the 42lb injectors are more than enough. the internal wastegate works well and i see no problem with it. the actuator it comes with is 8psi but with a boost controller is can be increased. and you can also upgrade the actuator to a 12-14psi one.

the focussport kit is a great kit. comes with a lot of things at a low cost and also can be upgraded. also comes with tuning for the life of the kit. the parts with the kit are very good quality as well. some kits have over 60,000 miles on them already and are still running strong. theyve also sold over 75 kits and i know of no one that was not satisfied with their kit. and most people who have them remark on how the quality is so good and how the engine looks like it came that way from the factory. .
Old 11-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #7

Fan#: 49285
What I Drive: SKATEBOARD

FF Reputation: 10 FX4BAJA Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
And for most including me who buy the FocusSport kit that will never tear into the engine to upgrade the internals it does offer a HIGH QUALITY kit at a great price.Just curious why you think the kit needs external wastegate,blow through maf,bigger HP injectors when everthing seems to work great on my stock engine.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
Fins Up!

Fan#: 32772
What I Drive: STi & Miata

Points 21,583, Level 92
Points: 21,583, Level: 92 Points: 21,583, Level: 92 Points: 21,583, Level: 92
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 55 Turbo Turtle Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (25)
imo i would never use a turbo with an internal wastegate... i have owned two cars that have internal wastegates and my focus is external. the srt's only problem was that damn wg but it was totaled before it was fixed and my sti wont have it much longer, there is much better flow and potential to be had out of an external... boost creep and spikes are not good. if i was looking to buy a kit for a duratec i would be very upset that tom didnt make his.. but he is right on his reasoning for not building one. blow though will use not only use the stock maf as an iat sensor which is much better than an aftermarket iat separate from the maf it is better for use with a bov where meter air would other wise be dumped. i agree with tom 100% on this

turboturtlegarage.com
facebook.com/TurboTurtleGarage
TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com
Old 11-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #9
FF Affiliate

Points 54,743, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 44%
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer View Post
in most peoples opinion, suck through is better than blow through.. at least from my experiences. i have a lot of friends that would rather be suck through. the injectors can be upgraded to 60lb injectors which handle 380-400whp.. but on a stock engine, the 42lb injectors are more than enough. the internal wastegate works well and i see no problem with it. the actuator it comes with is 8psi but with a boost controller is can be increased. and you can also upgrade the actuator to a 12-14psi one.

the focussport kit is a great kit. comes with a lot of things at a low cost and also can be upgraded. also comes with tuning for the life of the kit. the parts with the kit are very good quality as well. some kits have over 60,000 miles on them already and are still running strong. theyve also sold over 75 kits and i know of no one that was not satisfied with their kit. and most people who have them remark on how the quality is so good and how the engine looks like it came that way from the factory. .
And your vast experience equals what the kit on your car that you bought ? Just how many cars have you switched from suck through to blowthrough so you could make a statement by facts vs my friends ,uncle`s, cousins , girlfriends , brother said suck through works better

You have said a whole lot of nothing with less to back it up , all I hear is you can upgrade , sure you can, is that free or you have to pay fs more for that and then when your done getting it to where most take turbo kits on there focus you end up with more $$$$ in fs pocket where with kits I made hade it all in there as well as proper size piping , 2.5 down pipes , external waste gate , blowthrough MAF , MAF ia , proper size injectors to make what the turbo is able to make , its called a proper built kit and that = QUALITY

I never said any one has had any issues with the fs kit or did i even mention the fs kit in my answer

Its like why did you buy a KIA it cost less but would do the same job get you from point A to point B but you opted for a car that had what you needed and what your goals were same with turbo kits but your kit is = to a KIA

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 11-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #10
Fins Up!

Fan#: 32772
What I Drive: STi & Miata

Points 21,583, Level 92
Points: 21,583, Level: 92 Points: 21,583, Level: 92 Points: 21,583, Level: 92
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 55 Turbo Turtle Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (25)
haha... i used to be a Kia tech.. what pos's

turboturtlegarage.com
facebook.com/TurboTurtleGarage
TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.