Zetec Turbos - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 56675
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SE 2.0 Zetec, Green

FF Reputation: 1 FocusSEZetec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Zetec Turbos

Just curious I have a 2003 Focus SE Comfort Model with the 2.0L Zetec 16v with an automatic tranny, I am interested in installing a turbo, but am unsure how to go about it, Maybe someone out there may be able to help me, as all I can seem to find is for the Hatchback model Focus which I am not too fond of the hatchback, Don't get me wrong their nice, I just don't like how they look. Anyways maybe someone may be able to help, what kind of mods can I do on this model, as I am looking to perf it out but don't know what all I can do, Alot of people have told me there's alot you can do with focuses, even dropping 351's in them but that is a bit obscene to me. I am just looking to speed her up a bit. I had previously owned a '99 Grand am SE with a 2.4L which had a nice small set of ball$ for being stock and just want my focus to out perform what I had originally. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1594
What I Drive: 2000 Focus Sony Edition

FF Reputation: 1 00focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
do a quick search on here, it will turn up oodles of info

jt evo 5front and rear, evo fogs, evo-5 exhaust, ww side skirts, halo hl, 17"rev model 12 rims(black) with dunlop sport fm 901 rubber,easystreet air ride suspension with ride pro digital management,debadged, dvd with 7.2" monitors, fc antenna, euro grille
-BoB-
Old 06-08-2008, 02:58 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41955
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Forty Good Standing Member
OH where to begin, lets see...first if I were you I'd chuck the auto, yes the can be modded however the torque converter eats up alot of power. Second is the basics...more air in and out typicly increases power due to better efficancy i.e. CAI and full exhaust amongst other bolt ons cams, cam gears, pullies etc. Third is power adders such as forced induction i.e. turbo, supercharger, or nitrous oxide. The question you have to ask is how fast do you wanna go? because the faster you want to go the deeper your pockets will need to be.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49008
What I Drive: 2000 Black SE, 80 Fairmont, 70 Elky

FF Reputation: 5 s_montgomery Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
i had a 96 grand am with the 2.4 it was a pretty quick car.
where are you at in virginia? you should decide how much you have to spend and you should get at least a flex back exhaust and an intake. tunes are good for automatics also but a few hundred bucks.

if you get a 2.5 exhaust then if you ever decide on a turbo supercharger etc you wont have to upgrade again. sedan exhausts are more expensive i think im going to have an exhaust place just make me one.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 56675
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SE 2.0 Zetec, Green

FF Reputation: 1 FocusSEZetec Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_montgomery View Post
i had a 96 grand am with the 2.4 it was a pretty quick car.
where are you at in virginia?
Virginia Beach Area.

Thanks for all the responses Anyone know about what be the cost for a manual conversion. Also does anyone know for sure if the Mustang RWD Mod will work with the sedan? Thanks for all your guys help
Old 06-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #6
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
OH where to begin, lets see...first if I were you I'd chuck the auto, yes the can be modded however the torque converter eats up alot of power. .......
Really.... THE most powerful fwd Turbo focus around is an automatic.... at 725fwhp
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 06-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #7
GL1TCH

Fan#: 44757
What I Drive: advance trac french blue 03 zx3

FF Reputation: 42 killer ZETEC Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
isnt that tom's crank breaking monster?

are you sure you really need a turbo for teh fun factor?
na power can be really enjoying as well. and its a fair bit easier on your torque converter.
my suggestion is the svt long tube hader kit for a zetec, the rt high flow cat if you need emissions stuff, if not the svt off road pipe in 2.5 inch. a 2.5 inch catback. a ported 2ooo intake manifold witha 65mm throttle body, the lower part of the svt airbox with the factory snorkel, and cams camgears and a tune. maybe some headwork.
for your auto tranny i'd give lentech a call. its a bit pricey but haveing a tranny that wont blow up is worth it. one member with a supercharged auto blew his trans up three times before he used his head and did it right.
will it run soon?? who knows.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53573
What I Drive: 2003 InfraRed ZX3 ATX

FF Reputation: 4 FociBoi121 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusSEZetec View Post
as all I can seem to find is for the Hatchback model Focus which I am not too fond of the hatchback, Don't get me wrong their nice, I just don't like how they look. Thanks
I love my Hatch
Foci hatch is one of the best looking hatches out there
my day is ruined i guess ill go run away in my Hatch and cry
J/K
sry to interrupt your thread with this lol

You[Sedan]--><-- [Hatch]Me
ZETEC Crew #237
HATCHBACK LOVER #121
PS3 ID: LarkBoi189
Slow bolt ons added or bolt ons slowly added?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:09 PM   #9
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
cost for manual conversion is ~600-800

see the engine/trans swaps section, there are at least two threads up right now about swaps (including mine)

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:30 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30163
What I Drive: 2002 ford focus Zx3 vermillion red

FF Reputation: 3 fusor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i say buy toms kit for your focus and be done with it--- go manual later if you want but it doesn't seem like your too mechanical

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.