Boost questions - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast
Fan#: 45772
What I Drive: '03 Pitch Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 uNdErRatEd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Boost questions

I'll be boosting in the next year so I want to get my head on my shoulders with where im at with parts. I'm getting either Procharger or PW because they both own. But I'm curious about the whole PSI thing in a nutshell please, and also what type of support parts is it recommended that you get to be able to withstand the supercharger's power?

C'mon Viney help me out here!

I drive an automatic so my hands can safely remain at 10 & 2 at ALL times.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
Focus Addict
Fan#: 25694
What I Drive: 2002 Black ZX3

Points 1,492, Level 21
Points: 1,492, Level: 21 Points: 1,492, Level: 21 Points: 1,492, Level: 21
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 fusi0n Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The closer you can get to a 3" exhaust, the better. SVT header is nice. Don't quote me but I heard that the 4-2-1 design is better for FI applications.

Procharger has more peak horsepower and PW has more go off the line.

To push more than 10 or so lbs of boost, you'll need a built motor and probably some transmission work. Forged internals are a bare minimum if you're hoping for high horsepower numbers. My PWSC / header / exhaust is dangerously pushing the limits of my stock motor / tranny components.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
Fan#: 19100
What I Drive: '02 Black SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Dasaet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm also looking into adding more power and would like to get an idea about the best way to go. I've got a pretty much stock '02 SVT with an AEM CAI and Tom's tune. I'm wondering about turbo vs supercharger, kit pricing, install costs, etc. I'd prefer to have someone (like Tom) hook me up right rather than bumble through it myself. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Your real name.
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.