Xios Turbo/Focussport Tuning MAJOR ISSUES - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 52,915, Level 100
Points: 52,915, Level: 100 Points: 52,915, Level: 100 Points: 52,915, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 44%
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Xios Turbo/Focussport Tuning MAJOR ISSUES

Last week a customer brought his SVT to my shop for a Xios Turbo kit install , Now that the kit is installed and time for a tune Focussport refuses to send Xios the Tune because it is at Focus-Power for the install
The Xios web site states that "• Software tuned by FocusSport™ on supplied SCT XCAL2 " The customer got his xcal but with NO tuning installed and focussport fefuses to send it to Xios

Everyone wonders and makes comments about why im down on FS well this is why, This is MAJOR BS , I (Focus-Power) have been tuning the SVT sence 2002 about 3 years before FS tuned there first SVT , randy stated to the Customer that Tom would read the ECU and get a copy of the tune, I could care less about a copy of FS tune, I have the tuning on 95% of the most powerfull and longest running high HP/TQ SVT in the US what the crap would I need a copy of his for, randy uses SCT and so can I , I have both Diablo and SCT and there isnt anything in FS software that isnt in mine there is nothing that FS can change that F-P cannot change and goes both ways

Im sure randy will come up with some BS story to tell as to why he wont and I dont care this is CRAP and the Customer is the one suffering whers FS high customer care now ?

The Xios web site does not say "• Software tuned by FocusSport™ on supplied SCT XCAL2 " Unless you take it to Focus-Power for the install

I feel Xios is cought in the middle here between a good Customer wanting what he paid for and a non customer friendly company (focus sport) just being an ass

The Xios Co has been great to deal with and I talked to Andreas about this and told him how I felt about customers NOT getting there tuning just because the Xios kit is being installed here , There has been some fitment issues with the kit but Xios has done everything in there power to help to try and correct them more to come on that in another thread

In all fairness I must say that Xios is working with this customer to help cover MOST of the cost for a custom dyno tune from Focus-Power (550.00) this didnt come till the customer talked directly with FS and got nowhere with randy , This kit gets sent out to other shops that do installs as well but they all got there tunes ,

My question to everyone is. Is this fair to the customer or the potential customers of Xios ?

Should it matter where the kit for installation as to if you get a tune or not ? If you take your SVT to McNews are you chancing not getting a tune there either? Who knows ?

Tom

Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
    Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16726
What I Drive: 2005 ZX4 SES, ATX

FF Reputation: 1 FPLF0043 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I personally think this is total BS. I personally know the person whos car is there and he didnt not take it to Tom so that a pissing contest would start, he just want the items in question to be professionally installed.

I really don't know what to say. Best of luck to you Tom, and the poor SVT in question.

-- James
Old 06-26-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32290
What I Drive: ford focus svt 5 door

FF Reputation: 1 svtguy21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
did you really expect anything less tom? come on now we can't even post about a focus gtg at your place
Old 06-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 22161
What I Drive: 2000 Imperial Blue Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 IslandFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I don't know if I'm 100% clear on what's going on but can't the guy just "flash" the car himself without going thru Tom? Also, how do you read tuning files, SCT Pro Racer?
Old 06-26-2007, 08:59 PM   #5
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 52,915, Level 100
Points: 52,915, Level: 100 Points: 52,915, Level: 100 Points: 52,915, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 44%
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandFocus View Post
So can't the guy just "flash" the car himself without going thru Tom?
How the SVT is here with 60lb injectors in it and ready to be started then dynoed to make sure it is safe but no tune yet

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 06-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2139
What I Drive: E90 335i, 2002 E53 X5 4.4i

FF Reputation: 28 SpeedOften Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandFocus View Post
I don't know if I'm 100% clear on what's going on but can't the guy just "flash" the car himself without going thru Tom? Also, how do you read tuning files, SCT Pro Racer?
Randy refused to send the tune b/c the customer had Tom do the install for fear of "Tom getting a copy of the tune"... It's soooo retarded I'm in disbelief... All randy needs to do is send the customer the tune.. It's THAT easy...but he won't...
Old 06-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 22161
What I Drive: 2000 Imperial Blue Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 IslandFocus Good Standing Member
I'm just trying to understand how things work so bare with me for a moment. Is it true that you (or any tuner for that matter) "has the ability" to copy the tune from Xios/FS? If so, do tuners generally make it a practice to send "their tune" to other tuners? Just curious, not taking sides or anything.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:27 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33542
FF Reputation: 7 bryfsvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yes there are ways to copy a tune. So I can understand where Randy is standing.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:30 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28429
What I Drive: 1993 Silver LX Foxbody

FF Reputation: 6 FranticFocus05 Good Standing Member
Wow I dont even know what to say to this Tom... I mean I agree with the one posted before this is bs....

I hope this stupid issue is resolved very soon as I am this customers ride down to pick his svt up, and I cant wait to see what you can do with it

Focus Sport but thats just my persional feeling...
2004 Durango 4x4: ------------ DD & Two Vehicle
Old 06-26-2007, 09:30 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7435
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver EAP SVT

FF Reputation: 7 Malakai Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Well there's two important factors to consider in the matter..
1) If it was included in the kit price and was paid for in full, does it matter?
2) Is it in the practice of a tuner (or any business) to deny a product sale based upon what they "think" may happen with it?

What if Sony pictures would only sell a movie (VHS/DVD) to people who have a Sony video player?

"This DVD is only $24.99!! *unless you are using a panasonic/pioneer unit because then you might copy our movie."

I know that the kit (WITH the tune) has been sent out to other individuals (who may be tuners themselves) for a self-install, and to people having them installed by a local shop of their choice (who again, may be able to pull the tune) but it didn't stop Randy then.

So where's the ground to stand on of "not wanting intellectual property in other people's hands who may have the ability/desire to extract the tune"?
SVT Squad #226
'03 EAP SVT Boosted 260.5hp/256.5tq @ 14psi
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.