Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Jackson Racing Supercharger

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  macdiesel 
#1 ·
So my plan is to purchase the JRSC sometime between now and at latest, middle of summer. What i want to know is, how reliable will my engine be at around time of purchase, I'll proably have near 60-63k on my engine. Ive never missed any oil changes or anything, engine is just fine as of now. Second question is, what'll bring the most power of the of the Supercharger? I know the BBK and a retune from Tom, anything else? And whats the cheapest anyone has seen the supercharger for? (evidence please)

Thanks,
Nathan

#2 ·
seen the svt used runnign for around 2500, I bought mine (regular zetec) for 1100.

If you want big power from it, water injection will help get you there.
You've already got svt headers.

Get an offroad pipe, adjustable cam gears, and 3" exhaust

That stuff should get you some good power

Your engine will breath easier due to the charger and should run better than it did before the FI (mine runs much better now)

#3 ·
Short of a water/meth injection rig, there's not a whole lot you can do with a JRSC after it goes on. The blower pretty much bolts right onto the intake manifold so inter/aftercooling isn't an option without spending a LOT of money having a custom manifold built to accomodate an air to air or air to water cooling rig. And due to the nature of the roots blower, making it spin faster will only go so far...eventually the blower heats the air up too much and stops making power.

#7 ·
^^ get ready to hear more of this. There are a lot of turbo leg-humpers who think there is only one way to build YOUR car. Do what you want and have fun with it. I have a forester that is turbo'd and will be pushing well into the 300's this weekend. I can tell you that there are times I still miss my jrsc. Yeah, not as fast but just different and IMHO a roots blower sounds way cooler.

That said, I installed my JRSC with 88k on the odo and the car was still going strong when I sold it at 160k to a kid who now beats the living piss out of it and it is still on the road.

Some have made a project out of seeing just how much they could eek out of that kit. If you want to go this route, do the BBK and spray water/meth. Cam gears, exhaust and if you really want some fun, get a separate tune and hit it with a 50 shot. I have seen a honda with the jrsc and a 50 shot made a huge improvement.

People go for the JRSC because its easy to install and reliable/maint free. Best of luck.
Man... You know it's funny.
I just noticed this thread got pulled back to life a year ago or so.
I started it back when I was 17 in High School. I'm now 23, a Texas A&M University graduate working as an Engineer and drive a 2012 Mustang GT 5.0 and am about to sell it and get a 2011 GT500....
Wow... times have changed!
I literately just logged on for nostalgic purposes to look at my old ROTM lol (Page 5)

#6 ·
^^ get ready to hear more of this. There are a lot of turbo leg-humpers who think there is only one way to build YOUR car. Do what you want and have fun with it. I have a forester that is turbo'd and will be pushing well into the 300's this weekend. I can tell you that there are times I still miss my jrsc. Yeah, not as fast but just different and IMHO a roots blower sounds way cooler.

That said, I installed my JRSC with 88k on the odo and the car was still going strong when I sold it at 160k to a kid who now beats the living piss out of it and it is still on the road.

Some have made a project out of seeing just how much they could eek out of that kit. If you want to go this route, do the BBK and spray water/meth. Cam gears, exhaust and if you really want some fun, get a separate tune and hit it with a 50 shot. I have seen a honda with the jrsc and a 50 shot made a huge improvement.

People go for the JRSC because its easy to install and reliable/maint free. Best of luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.