FM or SIRIUS radio? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
puddins betch

Fan#: 28587
What I Drive: 05 ,ZX3, blue

FF Reputation: 3 sir alpha Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
FM or SIRIUS radio?

what is better FM, SIRIUS, I-POD, i have a lot of music i want any time but i dont know what one is better does anyone have a opinion ??

thanks

ALFRED NEWMAN for prez!! maaan
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 25921
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I would go with iPod - especially since you already own your music.

I have PhatBox in my Mazda, and believe you can get it for Focus as well. it is awesome - I have all my 15gigs of music in my glovebox, and listen to it on random - it's my private radio station - and when I like an album, I simply kill the random, and listen to the album I just feel like..

I love it,

Igor
Old 09-30-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32993
What I Drive: 2004 Red zx3

FF Reputation: 1 thedashingbuddha Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I've got XM, but would vote sirius over the other two. Even if you get an ipod and have 500 songs on it you are going to get tired of it after a while. Sat. radio rocks and there are a bunch of near cd quality stations on it.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:40 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35398
What I Drive: 2006 zx3 ses...Black

FF Reputation: 1 faulkton Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
sirius is awesome.. certainly worth it the cost.. but it still isnt CD quality by any means. You probably wont notice if you have a stock stereo, but if you have some decent front stage you will notice it.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 25399
What I Drive: Black 07 ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 1 back in black Good Standing Member
Siruis is by far the best option. They play a very wide variety of music, but they also have great talk-radio channels, including a great stand-up comedy channel. You can also set it up to alert you when a specific song is being played on any channel. And ya, Sirius seems to be by far the most popular sat radio. Most people much prefer it to XM.

The best set up would probably be sirius as well as an Ipod for when you want to listen to a certain playlist in HQ. Cheaper alternative would be sirius + MP3 CDs (with high bitrate MP3s).

FM radio does not even come close to comparing to the others. They censor all their songs and often have low paid, talentless on-air staff.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:47 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37360
What I Drive: Old: 2004 Light Tundra ZX3 2.3L MTX New: 2006 Chevy HHR, 1994 Subaru Legacy L AWD SW

FF Reputation: 1 zx3bully Good Standing Member
I also say get Sirius radio!!! It's good because their is alot of choices. Everything from NFL to Howard Stern. Plus if you get the replay radio you can even pause the whatever station your listening to. It works like a dvr for tv. At work we have a fm radio and their new music has been getting played on Sirius for 2 of 3 months.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:22 PM   #7
CloudNine88's Man

Fan#: 39225
What I Drive: '04 ZX3 SVT Blk;'08 Mazdaspeed3 Blu

FF Reputation: 32 Focistang85 Great Standing Member
I vote Sirius. Go with the s50, and you can record whatever you want on to the unit when you hear something that you want. That way, you get the random radio mixed with some of your favorites that you can put on whenever you want.

If I'm helpful, give me a REP Point. Click the little silver scale at the bottom of my username panel.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #8
zal
Focus Addict

Fan#: 28635
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black LX

FF Reputation: 1 zal Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by thedashingbuddha
I've got XM, but would vote sirius over the other two. Even if you get an ipod and have 500 songs on it you are going to get tired of it after a while. Sat. radio rocks and there are a bunch of near cd quality stations on it.
500 songs?!?!?!

Are you g serious?

no self respecting iPod owner has fewer than 1500, hell i have 2500+ and thats only a third of an iPod Video

if you already have an iPod i say save up for sirius, if not, then get the iPod first, they're really worth it. i miss mine so much, but when you're as abusive as i was, its a shock the thing survived as long as it did
MacBook 2.0 Black
"The Focus looks kinda like a retarded shark with wheels"
Old 10-11-2006, 11:05 AM   #9
puddins betch

Fan#: 28587
What I Drive: 05 ,ZX3, blue

FF Reputation: 3 sir alpha Good Standing Member
the ipod won it is alot cheaper and holds all the music i own and alot of what i can get now
thanks for the input

ALFRED NEWMAN for prez!! maaan
Old 10-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 21700
What I Drive: 2005 Infrared ZXW

FF Reputation: 109 penguin Excellent Standing Member penguin Excellent Standing Member
* Sirius seems to be by far the most popular sat radio. Most people much prefer it to XM. *

Not unless 5.119 million is larger than 7.185 million.

"Sirius And XM Announce New Subscriber Numbers
October 4, 2006

Sirius and XM Satellite Radio both announced their third quarter subscriber numbers today, and Sirius said it has passed the five million mark, ending the third quarter with 5,119,308 subscribers. Sirius added 441,101 net subscribers in the third quarter of 2006, which is a 23 percent increase over last year's third quarter net subscriber additions. The satcaster also reiterated its guidance of 6.3 million subscribers by the end of 2006.

Meanwhile, XM announced that it added more than 285,000 net subscribers in the third quarter, giving the rival satcaster more than 7.185 million subscribers in total. XM also noted that starting in the third quarter, it stopped including certain rental car fleets in its tally, amounting to about 20,000 subscriptions. This change is a result of a new marketing program that XM recently implemented with rental partners for 2007 model year vehicles in order to increase the number of rental cars equipped with XM Satellite Radio. The company believes that it will end the year with somewhere between 7.7 million and 8.2 million subscribers."

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.