Apparently Mototrend is better at finding info than us. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3515
What I Drive: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Fordfreak3368 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Apparently Mototrend is better at finding info than us.

I was bummin around Motortrend at work the other day. Some noteable stuff for Ford each year, but check out 2008. I hope that all of these listings are true....especially the crown vic
http://www.motortrend.com/future/

Team Focus Cleveland #4 is now up for grabs
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2006, 12:16 AM   #2
FOCUS REVOLUTION

Fan#: 19251
What I Drive: 08 Black Coupe 14 fiesta ST

Points 6,234, Level 51
Points: 6,234, Level: 51 Points: 6,234, Level: 51 Points: 6,234, Level: 51
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 focusZX505 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
2008 Ford Focus: Redesigned on current platform, rather than adopt the European C1 platform used by the Mazda 3 and Volvo S40/V50.

that sucks'
SCSCC #320
Old 09-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #3
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 28,825, Level 99
Points: 28,825, Level: 99 Points: 28,825, Level: 99 Points: 28,825, Level: 99
Level Up 29% Completed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 271 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
I think I'm going Chrysler from now on, they have some little diesels. I just always liked Ford because they crashed better. My mom's Caravan didn't do very bad in an accident she was in, but I am still leary of Chryslers. People living in North America must buy foreign designed and built cars if they expect to have any quality or modern features.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 25921
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrenalin?!
Falcon based CV?!>>!
EcoSport?!?!?

They are 2 years behind the news !!!!!!!!!!!

EcoSport was scrapped by Fields last February, thankfully.

Adrenalin was canned about a Year ago.

Ford never planned unibody CV - the police bussiness loves the BOF - and Ford will keep it that way - the CV is getting an upgrade for 2009, but do not expect anything radical - it will be a cer developed with the Cops for the Cops ... CV is at this point a Purpose built Police Vehicle.

retail unibody RWD car might show up, but very unlikely before 2010 -2012 model year time frime.

About Focus -we have known it is on c170 for 2008 since last summer - the 2010 will be all new on the global C2 platform - thank Fields for the 2010 Focus - it was not originally planned ..

Igor
Old 09-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by whynotthinkwhynot
I think I'm going Chrysler from now on, they have some little diesels. I just always liked Ford because they crashed better. My mom's Caravan didn't do very bad in an accident she was in, but I am still leary of Chryslers. People living in North America must buy foreign designed and built cars if they expect to have any quality or modern features.
what do you want from Chrysler? Right now thee is nothing they offer that excites me ..

if 2010 is too far, wait for 2008/2009 Cobalt - I was told it will surprise a lot of people.

in midsizes, the Aura and the 08 Malibu will be great competitors to the rest - incl the Fusion triplets and the Camcords.

Igor
Old 09-30-2006, 01:35 PM   #6
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 28,825, Level 99
Points: 28,825, Level: 99 Points: 28,825, Level: 99 Points: 28,825, Level: 99
Level Up 29% Completed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 271 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
LOL thanks Igor, I was wondering where you've been hiding. Nobody is better at keeping us informed about Ford than you

That was an unfounded threat. I love old ChryCo, but I can't stand the new stuff pre-merger. Since the merger- there have been some new things that have peaked my interest. They do have a nice diesel in the Jeep Liberty, but I haven't done any research as to how the reliability is. Within the next few months I'll be looking to purchase a van for business. I was impressed with the Powerstroke 6.0 last year, but issues with the first couple of years of that motor make finding a reliable used 6.0 van nearly impossible. I think I might not have a choice but to go to a Sprinter, but I worry about the Sprinter maintaining it's fuel economy edge when loaded because of the small displacement. I know what the 6.0 will do. 19-20 fully loaded E-350.

About the police vehicles: The Hernando MS police used MO state trooper cars, and are now being forced to leave the CV/351's and get into Luminas with some weak motor. Memphis LEA's used the Chevy Impalas for several years- until a Nissan pickup T-boned an officer on the passenger side- at 35 mph est- and killed him. They went back to CV's, but now thanks to politics are forced to survive in the Luminas- if they can.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3515
What I Drive: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Fordfreak3368 Good Standing Member
I thought it was wierd they had the Adrenalin on there since everybody knew it was scrapped, but i wasnt sure about the other stuff.
Team Focus Cleveland #4 is now up for grabs
Old 09-30-2006, 02:20 PM   #8
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

Points 7,383, Level 57
Points: 7,383, Level: 57 Points: 7,383, Level: 57 Points: 7,383, Level: 57
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
that page hasnt been updated in quite some time. i remember looking at it over a year ago, and it was pretty much the same.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:25 PM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by whynotthinkwhynot
LOL thanks Igor, I was wondering where you've been hiding. Nobody is better at keeping us informed about Ford than you

That was an unfounded threat. I love old ChryCo, but I can't stand the new stuff pre-merger. Since the merger- there have been some new things that have peaked my interest. They do have a nice diesel in the Jeep Liberty, but I haven't done any research as to how the reliability is. Within the next few months I'll be looking to purchase a van for business. I was impressed with the Powerstroke 6.0 last year, but issues with the first couple of years of that motor make finding a reliable used 6.0 van nearly impossible. I think I might not have a choice but to go to a Sprinter, but I worry about the Sprinter maintaining it's fuel economy edge when loaded because of the small displacement. I know what the 6.0 will do. 19-20 fully loaded E-350.

About the police vehicles: The Hernando MS police used MO state trooper cars, and are now being forced to leave the CV/351's and get into Luminas with some weak motor. Memphis LEA's used the Chevy Impalas for several years- until a Nissan pickup T-boned an officer on the passenger side- at 35 mph est- and killed him. They went back to CV's, but now thanks to politics are forced to survive in the Luminas- if they can.
Liberty Diesel was dropped - Grand Cherokee should show up with a dielse in 2008 my.

the SuperDuty has all new 6.4l Powerstroke.. even the last couple years of the 6.0 were reliable - the remedied the trouble, and offered buybacks/ nocot exchanges to older SD owners. The 6.4l is an impressive motor on the paper and the injectors (which is wahst was the trouble on the 6.0 were replaceed by state ofthe art Peizzo-electric injectors, that Ford co-developed with Bosch, and PSA in Europe and have been using them for several years there, with great relibility results.

the 6.4l is not in the Econoline yet so unfortunately, that will not be an option- but if yo uare looking at Sprinter - yo uare likely looking at alsmot new yo ucan get an almost new (or fully new) RE-series and you can be sure it wil be reliable. I know people are scared of the PSD now, but after about 2003 MY there is really no reasons.

And about the CVPI - yes - that car is unmathced in its focus on the LEO's needs - Ford has a great system in place, where LEO's directly talk to Ford, and Ford responds. They have been discussing a lot of things... LEO's asked whether they could get PI Mustang - Ford gave them a proposed orderring guide - costs, options etc .... they discussed it - scrapped it.

They have been already discussing the 09 CV - the exterior changes will likely be minimal - or modest - Cabin space will not increase, but Ford is talking with LEO;s about such things as suspension tuning options, engine options, interior options etc ... they go to all details - any reliability issue - anything goes straight to Ford, and Ford actually listens.

Ford will not jeopardize this relationship, by trying to please retail audience - they will keep building CvPI for the coppers and make it perfectfor their needs . Sore they are using some Chargers - mostly as pursuit vehicles - in essence they veiw the Chargers are 4door camaros and mustangs - but those carswill never make to true street service - the Unibody structure would likely not make it.

As I said - Ford is looking at Unibidy retail sedan - either based on next get mustang platform, or tha OZ Falcon platform, but that is still years off.

Igor
Old 09-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36115
What I Drive: '06 ZX3 SES, '03 Se-R Spec V, '95 Lifted ZJ

FF Reputation: 1 jailbird1818 Good Standing Member
The only thing I am interested in seeing from Chrysler is the who they partner with to build the Hornet. I'd probably never buy one, but I like the looks of the concept.

Soon to Come:Cosworth CAI and Exhaust, Tune, RS bits

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.