Pirelli P6, should I be scared? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2004, 10:40 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4803
What I Drive: Infrared 2004 ZTW called Elise

FF Reputation: 1 Ripinosu Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Pirelli P6, should I be scared?

Reading the reviews, looks like these tires do not last more than a few thousand miles. On the other hand, most of the bad reviews come from Volvo and Audi drivers, none from Focus owners.

What is your experience with them? In my case, for the first 800 km, they seem much better than the Goodyears I had on my old 2001 Focus. But, of course, they are new now...

http://www.tirerack.com/survey/Surve...ommentStatus=P

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2004, 11:13 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
I am loving my perellis. I have nearly 17 k on them now, and I have no noticable wear. I have rotated them once at 10k. I love how they handle and feel. I will replace these with more perelli P6's when these do wear out.. they are reasonably priced too
ST crew #18
Old 03-23-2004, 11:17 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 418
What I Drive: Pitch black FoKuZ zx3

Points 35,712, Level 100
Points: 35,712, Level: 100 Points: 35,712, Level: 100 Points: 35,712, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 fokuzsport Good Standing Member
you should be scared.. a mod is about to move this!!!!
[dr. evil laugh] muahahahahahahahahaha [/dr. evil laugh]
Old 03-24-2004, 06:57 AM   #4
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing Member Egz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
They are far far better than the old Firehawk GTA IIs they used to come with.

duratec.wikispaces.com - Duratec Wiki - Sign up and contribute!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:37 AM   #5
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5277
What I Drive: Black 1996 Taurus SHO 3.4L V-8

FF Reputation: 1 Voltron Good Standing Member
I owned 2 sets of Pirrelli P6000s. The first ones were great and I really enjoyed the crap out of them. After the second set I would never buy a pair of them again. I think I got 20K out of a set of tires that suposedly had a 40K warrenty. I am not sure their QA program is up to snuff when you buy two of the same tire and one lasts 1/2 as long.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:53 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 808
What I Drive: 2000 Lincoln LS V8

FF Reputation: 1 laloggia Good Standing Member
These are definitely the worst tires I have ever used. My focus came with them and I only got 13,000 miles out of them before the wear bars started to touch the pavement. The back end of my car wouldn't even stay on the road when raining...hydro-plaining everywhere. They are now in the junkyard and hopefully will be melted down into a gas pump hose. They will definitely get more mileage there.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:41 AM   #7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5277
What I Drive: Black 1996 Taurus SHO 3.4L V-8

FF Reputation: 1 Voltron Good Standing Member
I also had Grip problems with them in heavy rain. In a lighter rain and dry roads they stuck like glue. I would not spend the money on them if it were up to me again. I recently got some Kumo tires from Tirerack for my SHO and I love em. They are not the best in the snow but I just didn't have the cash this year to buy 3 sets of tires
Old 03-24-2004, 03:55 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5008
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 bszarek001 Good Standing Member
I have the Pirelli's as well. I'm surprised that they even put them on the car to begin with , as they are quite an expensive set of tires. They seem very nice for me as well, but they are brand new. My father was telling me that they may not last very long due to the fact that they are a racing profile as well as being a softer rubber...

I'll have to let you know once mine wear out! =)

“Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?”
Old 03-24-2004, 04:30 PM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 339
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST Oxford White

FF Reputation: 1 guerro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Voltron
I owned 2 sets of Pirrelli P6000s. The first ones were great and I really enjoyed the crap out of them. After the second set I would never buy a pair of them again. I think I got 20K out of a set of tires that suposedly had a 40K warrenty. I am not sure their QA program is up to snuff when you buy two of the same tire and one lasts 1/2 as long.
Maybe you should try the P6s if your P6000s aren't any good. I have the P6s that came on my car from the factory. I have ~12k miles with very little wear. Good tires. The only complaint I have is the freeway. On the cement freway with the grooves. The tires seem to "grab" the grooves and cause my car to wander back and forth quickly. Other than that, they are very good.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:59 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
My Pirellis were on for just over 10,000 miles from the factory before I got new tires for the Spring. They handled really well and I don't see any real wear on them yet. I think I agree with what guerro mentioned about grooved pavement, but that stuff is a gigantic PITA no matter what car you're in or what tires it has...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.