Looking to purchase Focus #2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2004, 03:14 PM   #1

Fan#: 372
What I Drive: '03 ZX3 PZEV 5-spd Twilight Blue; '97 F-250 4x4 w/ 351 V8 & AT

FF Reputation: 1 soffiler Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Looking to purchase Focus #2

At first, my wife wanted nothing to do with my Focus. Her tune changed abruptly the first time she drove it, though. (Her ride is an '01 Honda CR-V; what a slug). Now that we've had the Focus for 6 months or so, we find that we're fighting over who gets to drive it. Looks like we need to ditch the CR-V and get a second Focus for her.

Now, the problem. She is a die-hard 5-speed kind of girl. She wants a Focus ZTW wagon, FULLY loaded, but with a 5-speed. This configuration is contrary to the philosophy of Ford, and the whole ATX-loving domestic car industry for that matter. Sure we can order one; however, it is my understanding that current rebates ($2500 in my area) apply only to dealer stock.

I have done some searching from the Ford website, but it is very cumbersome. It requires you to input a zip code, then it gives all dealers in the area. Then you're on your own to check each dealer's inventory. MY QUESTION: is there any better way to a wide search, possibly even across the whole country? (If I find one, anywhere, a plane ticket and a drive home will still be far cheaper than spending the additional $2500).

Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2004, 03:17 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5290
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue Street Edition

FF Reputation: 1 mustfcs Good Standing Member
I am actually going to my local Ford dealership tomarrow and I will look to see what they have on the lot for you, they have about 100 Foci on the lot all the time. I will keep you posted..

My FOCI on Cardomain.com
Old 03-23-2004, 03:18 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 3653
What I Drive: 2004 Screaming Yellow EURO SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 2 ~04~SVT~ Good Standing Member
try www.vehix.com or www.autotrader.com and search new car inventories think even ww.edmunds.com has a search thing for new cars...good luck on your new purchase and let us know how it goes...I also have a friend that works for Ford in Michigan if ya need me to I can ask him about rebates if you order the car direct from the factory...and FYI you have to contact a dealership to order a car from the factory..they control that aspect since it has to be delivered to them
#387/1079 Born on December 10th
Screamin Demon / Livewires / 2002 Euro Grille
Metallic Tinted windows / EuroStar LED tails
Steeda tri-ax/f STS / Saleen Shift Knob
Old 03-23-2004, 04:02 PM   #4

Fan#: 372
What I Drive: '03 ZX3 PZEV 5-spd Twilight Blue; '97 F-250 4x4 w/ 351 V8 & AT

FF Reputation: 1 soffiler Good Standing Member
Thanks for the replies so far, mustfcs and ~04~SVT~. I use edmunds all the time, never really noticed a locator function but then again I never looked, duh. I'll check those links ASAP. Regarding the rebates, it's black and white on the Ford website "...current rebates apply to delivery taken from dealer stock by 3/31..." nothing ambigous about that. I realize that if I need to order this car, I need to work with a dealer. We have a very good dealer locally, Tasca Ford in Cranston RI. I've bought a couple cars from them. Very large dealership, good people, and they have a long and illustrious track record with Ford Motor Company - poppa Tasca was a bigtime drag racer with factory backing in the 50's and 60's. Tasca is willing to try to locate a car, but only locally, within an hour or so. The configuration my wife wants is so unique that I'm afraid we need to look at a MUCH larger region and be willing to travel for it; hence my reason for posting. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:37 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 3653
What I Drive: 2004 Screaming Yellow EURO SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 2 ~04~SVT~ Good Standing Member
wow when I was looking at the Mazda3 HB my local dealer could do a 3 state-wide search for the options I was looking for
#387/1079 Born on December 10th
Screamin Demon / Livewires / 2002 Euro Grille
Metallic Tinted windows / EuroStar LED tails
Steeda tri-ax/f STS / Saleen Shift Knob
Old 03-23-2004, 04:40 PM   #6
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
FYI:
In my search for an SVT, I've found that the rebates/incentives are much higher on left over 2003's in stock.
In fact, most the Dealer's I've contaced have offered $3,500 rebates PLUS $1,500-$1,700 Dealer incentive to move them off their lot.
Good luck in your search!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:47 PM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Most dealers here do a state wide search, most not all. My local Ford dealer found my sisters focus in Georgia, I guess it just depends upon the dealer and what they are willing to do.

Best of luck to you on your search, hope you find the exact Focus your looking for.

*Edit Note*

I did a quick search of some local dealer inventory here, all the ZTW I found were automatic. I'm sorry. I'll keep searching though.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 03-23-2004, 10:45 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4803
What I Drive: Infrared 2004 ZTW called Elise

FF Reputation: 1 Ripinosu Good Standing Member
In Canada, ZTW is manual. You pay extra for the automatic. I have one and is a dream!
Old 03-23-2004, 10:55 PM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1213
What I Drive: silver 01 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 drewzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
100 on the lot? there is 0 on the lot here.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.