Drove a new GT500! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27384
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black svt zx5

FF Reputation: 1 Crimson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Drove a new GT500!

My dad and I went to my uncles this morning to see what he was up too and we noticed a new car in the garage. It was a new GT500! He know a guy who owns a dealership and he let him borrow it to see if he liked it. Well my uncle drove us around for a bit. Then i was really surprised when he let me drive. That thing is a rocketship! Man its just awesome, fastest thing I've ever driven (thats not saying too much). You stomp on it and hear that supercharger just whine and it takes off. Before you know it you're really cruising. It was a really lucky experience for me. If you get the chance take it!

SVT squad car #98
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 22323
What I Drive: The focus got torched now we have a 3 series BMW

FF Reputation: 1 Logan175 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
dam it you beat me too it. I was supose to drive one of the first Gt500s that are gonna be coming our way to canada.

so how was the handeling
Old 09-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Logan175
dam it you beat me too it. I was supose to drive one of the first Gt500s that are gonna be coming our way to canada.

so how was the handeling
I didn't get to test out the handleing much, but you can certainly feel that it is a solid rear axle. We almost raced an F355 that was at the light haha wish it wasn't a busy road.
SVT squad car #98
Old 09-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

year I didn't like the rear axle in the mustang gts. But I am 1/4 of the way there to owning a Gt500, the 5.4L motor in my moms expedtion. Next 1/4 blower, mustang then shelby emblems.

logan
Old 09-04-2006, 03:04 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Logan175
year I didn't like the rear axle in the mustang gts. But I am 1/4 of the way there to owning a Gt500, the 5.4L motor in my moms expedtion. Next 1/4 blower, mustang then shelby emblems.

logan
haha nice, you can assemble that thing!
SVT squad car #98
Old 09-04-2006, 03:18 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

i hope, I have to strip my ramb ler down with my dad
Old 09-04-2006, 03:36 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28179
What I Drive: 2007 Silver Mazdaspeed 3 GT

FF Reputation: 1 funksilver04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
O.K. so your saying that a dealer just let him borrow a brand new GT500 just to check out? Considering dealerships are only recieving very limited quantities of these cars and the waiting lists of people to buy them are huge, not to mention the only way your going to even see a test drive is to put some cash down for the purchase. I'm having a hard time seeing that really happening, no matter who he knows at the dealership. Nothing personal and hope you don't get upset with my comment but, sounds like BS....
Old 09-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

why does it matter its believeable
its not the most exclusive car in the world. they are gonna pump out more than the svtfs.

I would imagne who ever his friend is they knew he was a serious buyier who has the extra cash to drop and were merliy letting him make sure he likes it. Its what they do at the BMW dealership. its just a highier quailty of service.
For example when we got our bmw one of the salesmen showed my dad what each thing did in the car while I went fot a ride in a M series Z4
Old 09-04-2006, 03:57 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28179
What I Drive: 2007 Silver Mazdaspeed 3 GT

FF Reputation: 1 funksilver04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
He didn't say anything about his Uncle buying the car. He said he saw it sitting in his garage because his friend let him "borrow" it to see how he liked it... There's a difference between just borrowing a GT500 that the dealer probably has a total of 2, or letting a serious buyer drive the car prior to purchase. By the way, this isn't just a Mustang GT it's a limited edtion model that many people are waiting in line for...
Old 09-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

i know what the it is, who do u take me for, lmao. but I see where ur coming from.

Its not hard to borrow cars for a few hours or a day or so isn't unlikely. He said the GUY WHO OWNS THE DEALERSHIP LET HIM BORROW IT. I think thats reason enough, we borrowed a car from our dealership. I believe it 100% I am good friends with the owner of our ford dealership.

and so what if there are people wait in line there are probably behind this guy. They are working on punching out about 10k of these bad boy.

But its nothing worth arguing about.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.