Jackson Racing = Satan - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2004, 03:02 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 226
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3

Points 682, Level 13
Points: 682, Level: 13 Points: 682, Level: 13 Points: 682, Level: 13
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Scarecrow Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Jackson Racing = Satan

Some of you may remember a couple months ago when my car was out of commission because of the black box for the JRSC. Now 2 months later I get the bill for it because they claim after reviewing it that there was nothing wrong. A couple quick notes as to why this is BS: I went for nearly 2 weeks w/o my car while they diagnosed it before they would send a new black box because they wanted to be sure that is what was wrong. #2 The guy I spoke to a JR commented on how surprisingly knowledgeable my tech was pointing to the fact that he wouldn't make this kind of mistake. FYI my tech is one of less than 300 techs in the US to be Senior Master Certified which is the highest a tech can be.

In short Jackson Racing does not stand behind their product. If you have a problem, bend over and get ready to take it all. They will screw you over.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2004, 03:06 PM   #2
Project All Motor

Fan#: 1114
What I Drive: 2000 Sedan SE with Zetec engine

FF Reputation: 1 ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Yea, I emailed them a couple times and they didn't get back to me. Talk about good customer service, NOT.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:29 PM   #3
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Sorry to hear that.
Makes me think twice about buying a JR product.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:38 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12
What I Drive: OLD: '00 Black ZX3, New: Pontiac G6

FF Reputation: 1 hotfocus Good Standing Member
Well that sucks, sorry to hear. Hopefully one of their reps can see this thread and explain their side.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:51 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Points 682, Level 13
Level Up 64% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally posted by hotfocus
Well that sucks, sorry to hear. Hopefully one of their reps can see this thread and explain their side.
I would love to hear it... I spent half-an-hour on the phone going around in circles with the guy I talked to. He couldn't tell me what was wrong, just said it wasn't their fault.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:51 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Points 682, Level 13
Level Up 64% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
I have spent 2+ months and several hours on the phone trying to get a legitimate explanation out of them and have gotten no where. Just when I think it is solved I get tossed to someone else who can't explain why I had the problem, but swears it is not their fault. I would have never gone to this extreme to make sure every body knew the BS that goes on at JR if I could get a reasonable explanation. All I keep getting is that it was a problem with installation not their product, but no one can explain why it took 18,000 miles to have a problem or why it wasn't fixed when it was re-installed several different times, per their request before they sent a new box. If I got a reasonable explanation I would simply pay and move on, but I cannot seem to get one.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:09 PM   #7
mefocuslongtime

Fan#: 5
What I Drive: Beltfed,extra pullified,weeemachine

FF Reputation: 6 mofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
when i was going to build the M62 kit for the ZX3, i emailed them and realized they were a bunch of tards, theguy told me my ZETEC wasnt good enough for the M62...............mmmmmmmmmmkkkkkkk
Old 03-22-2004, 06:16 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2679
What I Drive: 2002 Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Toptech Good Standing Member
Scarecrow, what was the problem with your car? I mean the actual symptom.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:16 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Points 682, Level 13
Level Up 64% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Timeline:
January 14th CEL comes on and Car is lurching similar to what it does when you get water in your tank. (I got bad fuel at a gas station once in my parents car) I take it in to have it checked out. A Senior Master Certified tech (highest level tech possible, less than 400 in US) works on it and contacts JR. They tell him to check the fuel rail so he replaces it and sends me home in it 2 days later because of waiting for the part. I drive less than 1 mile and it proceeds to do the same thing. The next day (16th) I am told how lucky I am that I got back because now it would not start at all. He contacts JR again. He proceeds to spend the next week dis-assembling and re-assembling the whole thing per Keith at JR to make sure all of the connections are correct while running several tests to determine the problem. After a week of this JR finally decides to send a new box and we send them the old one. (26th) We receive new box and install it and it works great. Since that time no less than 3 times a week my warranty girl at the dealership has been contacting them for payment. 2 weeks ago the Service Advisor got involved.
Last week I got involved. On Thursday I spoke to Keith. He claimed that there was nothing wrong with the part and that it must have been installation. After 10 minutes of discussion on why they did not discover this before they sent the new part. I finally gave up and decided to make sure I understood so I asked him why if it was an installation problem it took 18 months for there to be a problem. He claimed he thought it was a new installation and that if it was something that had been on there that long it was obviously a defect and referred me to a Michael to call on Monday. Today I spoke to Michael who could not explain why this happened but simply stated over and over that it was not a bad part and they would not pay for it. I asked why we were told to replace it then. He said that was a mistake. I asked why I should have to pay for a mistake, and he did not have an answer just that they were not paying for it. He even commented on how good my tech was and then later tried to say it was his fault. long story/short >>> He talked in circles and contradicted himself no less than 3 times. He gave me no good reason for what was wrong with my car and admited it could easily happen again. I never swore at him or was unprofessional in any way, but he was not helpful at all.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:18 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4496
What I Drive: 00' Red Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Toxic Good Standing Member
JR is a very unreliable company anyways. Anyways, this is what i'd do to those sons of b!tc%e$

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.