Rant: Learn to drive people! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2006, 02:13 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 34407
What I Drive: 2006 Athens blue G35 sports coupe

FF Reputation: 1 Nightm4re Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Rant: Learn to drive people!

Ok so im on my way home from school and im just cruising down this road... and some lady is waiting in the middle of this "divided highway" to come into my lane... theres like a 3 car length between me and the van infront of me and she just pulls out about 2 car lengths ahead of me and doesnt even start to accelerate, causing me to slam on my brakes and lay on the horn!

About 3 minutes later on the same road im crusing talking to my friend, and i look to the right to say something to her and this is like... less then an inch away from my car, and you probably couldnt fit a piece of paper inbetween our side mirriors.. So im doing like 50 mph... fast reaction as i pulled hard left in this intersection, going into the turning lane area then into the middle. He then realises that hes an idiot and pulls back into his lane while im pulling back hard right to avoid the median(with like 2 signs at the edge) thats about to start up at the end of this small intersection.

I then slow down to like 30 and im tempted to pull over and check out my car, make sure he didnt clip my back bumper or anything.... but he keeps his distance and slows almost to a complete stop wayyy behind me so i have my friend look out the window and everythings fine. (Thank God!)

Seriously, people here in florida need to learn how to drive.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2006, 02:26 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26230
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 5 SVT Robzor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I will never cease to be amazed by the stupidity of my fellow Mankind.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:28 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 22323
What I Drive: The focus got torched now we have a 3 series BMW

FF Reputation: 1 Logan175 Good Standing Member
dude thats nothing winnipeg drivers are THE worst in THE world

but i feel you pain
Old 08-31-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
Focus Addict

It just sucks that like... if i wasnt so aware of whats going on, i would have been hit out of nowhere.... im glad things turned out this way cause i would have been ticked off if anything happened to my car.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:56 PM   #5
Dragon Warrior

Fan#: 15362
What I Drive: 03 SVT ZX5

Points 19,438, Level 88
Points: 19,438, Level: 88 Points: 19,438, Level: 88 Points: 19,438, Level: 88
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 97 JRODSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
yeah dude really driving in florida is terrible. I could not believe the people down there would not get out of the way of an emergency vehicle. It is just freakin amazing. Like a different country.
o xxxxxxxxxxxx o
Old 08-31-2006, 03:06 PM   #6
( o Y o )

Fan#: 32177
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
No offense to New Yorkers (as in the city)....but theyre half the problem...They all "retire" down here, along with all of the other retirees from across the country because theyre bones are cold up north and clog our roads, drive slowly, and have the largest cars. I know why they drive those big cars, its cause they dont want to die doing the stupid things they do! When I first started driving an older man, prolly in his 80s, was driving his crown vic and made a left out of a plaza. Not a big problem usually, but he STAYED HALF OUT IN THE LEFT HAND LANE!!!! I had to SLAM on my brakes and swerve behind the person in the right hand lane to avoid hitting him. I laid on the horn and he STARED! at me like I was doing something wrong!!! There needs to be a law making people over 70 take a driving test to make sure theyre competent and have fast enough reaction times...
Old 08-31-2006, 03:45 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34714
What I Drive: 2002 Acura RSX Base 5sp

FF Reputation: 1 KillaLude Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i think it americas in genral (i am from the USA) but i have driven from Ga to NY about 12 times round trip and a number of times in FL and its like this eveyone. people are to "busy" to drive there are on there phone or doing make up or reading. eveyone has a chip on there sholder and there like "hey its a 70MPH zone so lets be safe and do 65 in that far left lane and not move for anyone" not knowing you can get a ticket for doing that, and also get one for passing when you not in the fast lane damn i hate how people drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2002 Acura RSX base MTX = stock fun
Old 08-31-2006, 07:52 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Im from new york and i drive a little tiny focus.... haha. But yeah i hate how badly people drive. The kid that almost hit the side of my car was a teen too. stupid kid. If i ever see him on the road again im definitly following him home and beating the crap out of him.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:29 PM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 37971
What I Drive: 2000 Silver LX

FF Reputation: 4 Silas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Up here its usually not too bad...mostly just old people stopping at traffic lights...that are green.

i almost smoked someone today from behind though....people need to learn not to slam there brakes on on the highway ( 2 laner ) and almost miss there turnoff....the sad thing is when i swerved around them after i was finally slowing down....i noticed children in the backseat, if i had've smoked them....

SEDAN REVOLUTION #14
Old 08-31-2006, 10:31 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
Points 11,708, Level 71
Points: 11,708, Level: 71 Points: 11,708, Level: 71 Points: 11,708, Level: 71
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I was driving home from Wisconsin through Chicago, and I was stopped at one of the service plazas on the skyway for gas. After filling up, I pulled into one of the spots in front of the convience store to go in and use the restroom. When I was leaving, this guy in a Nissan Titan at one of the pumps started backing up and would've hit me had I not given a light tap on the horn. He stopped and I got on the onramp, and this guy comes blasting up next to me with his window down, screaming at the top of his lungs "GET THE F--- OUT OF YOUR CAR!" over and over again. I stopped and got out, bringing the torque wrench that I carry around in my car with me. When he saw it, he turned into a chickenshit and jumped back into his truck and blasted down the ramp to the highway.

It really amazes me how people react when they almost cause an accident and you prevent it from happening by flashing your lights or blowing your horn.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.