2006 SE Wagon Roof Edge and Moulding - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 35801
What I Drive: 2006 Black SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 LincolnV Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2006 SE Wagon Roof Edge and Moulding

I just noticed something on the roof of my 3 month old SE Wagon. There is a raised edge where the roof meets the rain gutter over the drivers side of the car. I also noticed the the moulding that fills the gutter aligns too far to the right exposing welding marks where the roof meets the side (the moulding would normally cover this). The moulding is also not fastened correctly about a foot up from the edge of the windshield.

Is this something the dealer should fix under warranty? I didn't really notice it before and it drives me nuts every time I look at that section of the car.

Thanks,

Scott

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37787
What I Drive: 2004 SVT EAP ZX5 #249

FF Reputation: 1 1SVTFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Anything that is wrong with an 06 is under warentee. Bring it in and show them, they might also tell you its something that cant be fixed or is a factory defect or the way they put it together, but regardless anything within 3/36k miles has no need for a post as its all cover under warentee.
SVT Squad #258
Mean what you say, Say what you mean.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:50 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35087
What I Drive: 2006 Liquid Gray ZXW SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 06ZXW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
There definately should be no weld spots showing on the roof. Take it in.

My driver's door is not aligned properly... I noticed that looking from the rear quarter it's not flush with the sheetmetal looking down the side of the car. The gap is like between a door that is latched and not shut and shut. Very annoying now that I notice it. (most prob wouldn't) My passenger side doors are both flush when shut.

-Haven't had time to bring it in yet...
Old 10-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #4
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 35801
What I Drive: 2006 Black SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 LincolnV Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just an update. The dealer has attempted to fix the issue along with a squeak I had in the cargo area and some paint areas that looked 'different' than the rest of the body.

I had taken my car to an auto shop to have the interior scotchguarded. The guy there asked me if my car had been repainted. Some of the surface area textures were not the same and he thought this was strange for a new car as modern factories usually produce a consistent paint finish all over. That along with the roof issue made me suddenly suspect that I had bought a car that was damaged at one point. I did a VIN search to see if there was a record of anything out of the ordinary between being manufactured and arriving at the dealer. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I called Ford Canada who called the dealer while I was on the phone. They told me to bring it in and were pretty attentive to the whole issue. I pointed the areas out to the dealer and they used some compound on the paint to clean it up.

While the car was in the shop, I had a loaner Taurus. Needless to say when I got my Focus back I was even more appreciative of the way it handled the road. Driving the Taurus was like driving the Queen Mary. I feel so much more in control of the car when I drive the Focus.

I am bringing the car back next week as I've noticed a small indentation where they worked on the roof - as if someone pressed too hard to get rid of the original lip in the edge of the metal. It was very hard to notice the first time as the car is black and I only saw it when the sun was setting and I looked over the repair area on the roof. I also didn't realize that the tailgate button has never worked - I always use the key fox to open the back so I have to get that fixed as well.

Even with all of this going on, I love my Focus so much I bought the extended warranty.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.