Encountered A Focus D-Head Today! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2004, 11:54 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 408
What I Drive: 84 Stang / 03 Focus SE / 04 F150 /

FF Reputation: 2 Twofocused Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Encountered A Focus D-Head Today!

Yea, I couldnt believe it either.

Im in the Coast Guard and work at one of our Major Training Commands. On Monday I have to do some PR work with a visiting delegation from the Swedish Coast Guard so I headed down to the barber shop for a trim today.

On my way back home I see a CD Silver ZX3 comming up behind me in the other lane. I see the foglight mod and Halos. Cool I think. I slow down so the guy can catch me and he blows right by and pretends he is playing with his phone.

As he goes by I see the car is mostly stock but has been debadged and has FocusSport stickers in the rear quarter windows, looks nice, has a sunroof too.

Ok, big deal, he isnt a cool guy who is interested in making Foci friends.

At the next light we are side by side in the turn lanes. I roll down my window and say "hey man whats up" His passenger window is down, but he still pretends to play with the phone.

This D-Head disses me on purpose.

We sit there for the entire cycle of the traffic light and he refuses to acknowledge that Im trying to start a conversation.

I hope he isnt on here.

This is America, Land of the Free, if he doesnt want to be cool thats ok with me, but I may want to bitch slap him just because I believe in personnal freedom too.

Rant complete. Have a nice day.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2004, 11:56 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 736
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Disturbed ZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
There's a couple SVT owners around my area that are like that. I want to bitch slap them so bad.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:00 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 242,593, Level 100
Points: 242,593, Level: 100 Points: 242,593, Level: 100 Points: 242,593, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Some day ...when I grow up...I want to be as cool as that guy..Hey man, don't sweat it, we just obviously aren't as important as he is!
Old 03-20-2004, 12:32 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 628
What I Drive: 2004 ZX3 2.3 (DKG1)

FF Reputation: 1 focituner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Firckin retard,
people have lost courtesy and never heard of driving ettiquette lately. That is why I considered and eventually bought the focus for my first new car. A cultured has developed around this car which I like being a part of. I think it is sad that people think they are to good to speak to others on the road. Whats wrong with being pleasent.?
Old 03-20-2004, 03:41 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2067
What I Drive: 03 Twilight Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 03BlueReiger Good Standing Member
I beat a guy in a zx2 today. he rolled up and said "Nice car bro, i wanted a focus, but my parents bought me this". We ate lunch at Ruby Tuesdays and i told him to check out the forums here.

Cool guy. Most people i see in focus's are stock and dumbshits. No offense to everyone here, id say hi to everyone on here, but it seems everyone i run into is an anal astronaut.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:57 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 242,593, Level 100
Points: 242,593, Level: 100 Points: 242,593, Level: 100 Points: 242,593, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Anal astronaut, I like that..its funny how some people have just forgotten how to be nice, I think some folks are just to uptight
Old 03-20-2004, 04:33 PM   #7

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Hmm, well where I live, if I made some attempt to be friendly with every Focus I saw I'd be a pretty busy guy. Rarely do I ever come across another Focus driver who even notices I exist. It's just another car to them...
Old 03-20-2004, 04:38 PM   #8
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
lots of foci around here too. and most wont even look over at you. i try to smile and wave, but most wont even acknowledge you. o-well. atleast there are places like this....
Old 03-20-2004, 04:41 PM   #9
aint no shame

Fan#: 3178
What I Drive: 1962 Ford Falcon

Points 15,376, Level 80
Points: 15,376, Level: 80 Points: 15,376, Level: 80 Points: 15,376, Level: 80
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 11 beat3rfocus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
no one by mean talks...but normally it is like an 80 fat lady driving one and that pisses me off, no offense to fat, or old people but they should be driving a crown vic, or some huge boat...not a focus...
Old 03-20-2004, 04:44 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 411
What I Drive: '89 Volvo 744Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Zarelli6 Good Standing Member
i think if your not on a forum based on the focus then you wont be tryin to make friends with people that that we come across that have foci's. to them i guess its just like your driving another car and we are the enemy.
hey, at least we have each other. haha

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.