Summer Plans and i have a few questions? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2006, 08:57 PM   #1
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

Points 14,165, Level 77
Points: 14,165, Level: 77 Points: 14,165, Level: 77 Points: 14,165, Level: 77
Level Up 29% Completed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Summer Plans and i have a few questions?

Alright i have some summer plans lined up for the focus.

I am deffentley going to get my windows tinted 50% all the way around (stupid NY state laws)

MBRP cat back

heres some questions

Im thinking about the SVT Suspension, i want to reduce body roll, but i dont plan on doing any racing or auto-x, so should i also get anti swaybars too and if so what size, or are they really not needed

and a FC TB, to go with my volant intake, and with that should i go with the cat back or the tb first, because these are going to be done when the funds are availble and ill be working an extra 10+ hours a week, hence the extra $$$

any input or advice would be nice, thanks

ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #2
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

Points 30,979, Level 100
Points: 30,979, Level: 100 Points: 30,979, Level: 100 Points: 30,979, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
The SVT Suspspension will come with a 21mm Rear Sway. You should have a rear sway bar already, but if not you can purchase the brackets and have someone weld them into place. The SVT Suspension should have been my first mod! On and Offramps are my playground! I never knew how much fun it was! You cannot go wrong with the SVT Suspension. Ride Quality is there with also the ability to go out to the track. You can't go wrong with the SVT Suspension and for what i paid($245, nthcoast.com) you can't go wrong. I would also Recommend Prothane Bushings from Tony D at newedgeperformance.com

You'll notice more of a performance gain from a Cat-Back than you would with just a TB. The TB will yeild the best gains with other mods done to your car. It will also give you better throttle response too. But waaaay over priced for what you get. If you do some searching, you can find a used one for a good price. But i would go for a Cat-Back first. I would Recommend Borla or magnaflow. But before you go that route figure out which way you're going with your car in the future. Like you going FI or N/A or Daily Driver. Rule of thumb for FI is bigger is better. The SVT Borla would deffinatly be the way to 2.5" piping with a built in resonator and sounds great even IF you remove the cat

Here's what I'd do:

SVT Suspension with Prothane Rear Sway Bar Bushings
SVT Borla Exhaust
TB

I've learned get what you want now, because if not, inflation is a beoch and by the time you have enough $$$ to get it, the price will go up. For Example, my 2.25 Magnaflow Exhaust was $267 shipped to my door 2 years ago. Now it's over $300 NOT including shipping. Happy modding!

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT
Old 04-28-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
hmm, i say go exhaust first, what goes in, must come out. Then get the tb and you have a auto right, so thats gonna help of with response, considering it SUCKS on autofoci. About the tint, im not sure how leinent your police are up there but, 50% is still illegal, so since you going illegal anyway might as well go darker. I have 50% on the fronts and 20% for the rest of the windows, the real point of it is so they can see you in the car. And even though it says you can only have 70% in the back(which actually people told me the tint from the factory is 60% so that rule is kinda dumb) go darker anyway, b/c yea you can argue that they have to see into the back b/c someone might be back there with a gun, but suvs and vans have the rear windows tinted to 20% from the factory so that totaly shoots down that argument. Most people say you can easly get away with 35% up front, and anything on the other windows. I had mine on since last july and no problems yet, and ive been next to many cops. I wanted to get 35% in the front and 20% for the rest, but my dad wouldnt let me(he was paying for it) so i got 50% up front and 20% for the rest. If your really worried get 50% or 40% up front and do the rest 35% or 20%. But one thing you want to think about, its not that bad down here but looking out the windows at night can be a task, if the area is somewhat lit its fine especially since you got cars headlights on and such, but i take a back road home from school with no street lights and i usually have to put my brights on, but if i look out the back window i cant see anything unless theres cars behind me. I guess it doesnt matter, unless you have to go in reverse in an area with no lights, not sure if your near any of that, i know upstate ny has alot of places with no street lights. About suspension, i know svts still have a decent amount of body roll, not sure how much itll have if you threw on some beefer sways but maybe you wanna get a eibach prokit or something, not sure how low you wanna go, id assume not that much, especially if this car is your daily driver, in those rochester winters im sure you dont want to have a snow plow focus.

PS i just noticed, why you complaining about illegal tint when you got blue bulbs in your turns....thats even more of an offense Oh and if your afraid of the cops maybe you wanna get a different exhaust, b/c the mbrps are pretty loud.

I have summer plans as well, ill be making a good amount of money if things go well. Besides paying off my car(YAY TWO YEARS EARLY, eat that interest) I plan on finally getting an exhaust most likly a svt borla b/c i dont want to be too loud, rs spoiler, and hopfully painting my moldings, door handles and mirrors svt style. And if maybe finally get a drop but i dont know yet b/c thats going to cost a good amount of money
Old 04-28-2006, 09:57 PM   #4
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

Points 30,979, Level 100
Points: 30,979, Level: 100 Points: 30,979, Level: 100 Points: 30,979, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
sorry didn't comment about the MBRP, but I've heard it on a couple of different Foci and it sounds like complete crap when you get on it. but that's just my opinion. I'd go with something better sounds like Borla or Magnaflow.......

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT
Old 04-29-2006, 03:18 AM   #5
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

Points 14,165, Level 77
Points: 14,165, Level: 77 Points: 14,165, Level: 77 Points: 14,165, Level: 77
Level Up 29% Completed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
thanks for the input, i am a little worried about the tint i live in the middle on nowhere and im gonna go lighter and my dad got pulled over for his so im probley gonna stick with 50%, and DrkKnight614 as far as the blue bulds if half of the fire dept can have them why cant i, i know its illegal down state where you are but up here is leaga as long as they arnt white or red. looks like i have some thinking to do thanks guys!
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.