Looking for opinions.....on focus wagon - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2006, 02:29 PM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 18811
What I Drive: 01 ford focus ZTS model

FF Reputation: 1 rob0781 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Looking for opinions.....on focus wagon

Heres my dilemmea...i'm looking to buy another car since my Z24 is about ready to caller quits...Only problem my credit is really bad i messed up with a student loan....however i found a 2000 ford focus wagon se for sale and the guy is my buddys friend he sells cars and is willing to sell it to me on a lease to own term...he's asking $6000(can) and the car has 170,000kms on it...It is pretty much mint nothing serious just power locks ,cd,ac and a few others i think....

Now the bad only thing making me have second thoughts me and my ex had a 2001 zts which was nothing but problems...the tranny went bad along with other things...i was told the zts we had was a lemon...is it possible...I just need a car thats gonna be reliable should i go for the wagon??i think i'm gonna go test drive it after supper....

I need some opinions please.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

anyone?
Old 04-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #3
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

Points 31,160, Level 100
Points: 31,160, Level: 100 Points: 31,160, Level: 100 Points: 31,160, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
The 2000 - 2001 Foci were the problem matic years. Does the SE have the Zetec or the SPI Engine? The SPI is a workhorse engine and will last for years to go come without much problems if any. There's a few querks with the Zetec Engine, but relatively no problems with that engine either. 2000 - 2001 Foci was the first years the Focus was introduced to the US and Canada. I don't know what the Mileage and the CDN would translate into for the US, but I'd stear clear of too high of mileage. If the car was well maintained and has doucmentation to prove that it was well taken care of, then you should be fine.

But If i were you, i'd go for something newer, like a 2002+, so you can get around those problematic years. But every car is going to have problems one way or another, but the focus is a good all around choice IMO

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT
Old 04-28-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

well i haven't got much choice...either that 0r a 97 venture van or a 2000 taurus wagon..So i dunno
Old 04-28-2006, 06:19 PM   #5
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Points 31,160, Level 100
Points: 31,160, Level: 100 Points: 31,160, Level: 100 Points: 31,160, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 11%
My mom has a 99 Ford Taraus SE with the 3.0 Duratec and hasn't had many problems with it.....it even survived a flood replaced the main computer, because it got wet, and she starts up and run great till this day. There's a recall out on the front springs and there's another problem with front end, i think it's the axles, but i'm not 100% sure. My mom has over 100,000 on it and besides the Main Computer getting wet, still runs great!

Old 04-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Yeah but the taurus is a wagon there too big...i also noticed the taurus wagons are terrible in snow i used to work for budget a rental car company got to drive lots of different things and the taurus was the one i hated...lol
Old 04-28-2006, 09:08 PM   #7
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Points 31,160, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 11%
nothing good tires wouldn't fix........My focus is a beast in winter

Old 04-29-2006, 11:17 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24753
What I Drive: 2002 Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 stah Good Standing Member
I'll tell you what to do bro. Go around to the Local Auto Dealers and talk to them about financing. Just don't be pushy or anything, but chances are if you are an honest person and pay regularly, you'll be able to get a car from almost any locally owned dealer. AND the thing about that is when you end up needing another car, the guy who sold the first one to you (assuming you paid the car off on time, etc. and he's still in business) will trust you enough to sell another one to you.

There, however, is nothing like credit to aid in car buying. Anyway, good luck bro.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:43 PM   #9
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

ya well i think i'm gonna need credit or settle for what i can......i was gonna my another 2nd gen Z24 and use the one i'm driving now for parts but the guy i was talking to about the Z24 for sale is handi capped i'm pretty sure....lol
Old 04-30-2006, 01:22 PM   #10
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

well i test drove it today runs good seems tight but the check engine light is on...i just can't see myself paying 400a month and 170 a month for insurance on a 6 year old car a ford at that lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.