got my car back..have some weird questions - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31008
What I Drive: 06 Chevy Cobalt LS 5speed

FF Reputation: 1 nomoreavril Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
got my car back..have some weird questions

ok ..for those who dont know, 04 2.3 zx3 auto....hydrolocked....getting used engine

well they got me a used engine..13k miles on it, i think it is an 05 engine becuase it looks like my 2.3....but not like it....it has a lot more hoses and tubes running from/around it. i'll have to get a picture after i get new batteries for my camera.does it sound like an 05/06 2.3?

my main question though...it is acting weird..doesnt feel the same. first off, my exhaust sounds diff.....louder. then there's this weird sound that comes on when i accellerate. it sounds like.....someones running watter in a long echoy hallway...bad desc. i know...best i can describe it as. also the accelleration is crappy!!!..if i gun it from a start ....it accelerates real slow..then when it gets to 27 it pulls hard but then when it switches gears it bogs down, and if i keep accellarating, it will get to 50 and it wont go past it.... the rpms stay at about 4k and keep moving up and down and it wont accelerate, unless i'm accelerating slowly. can anyone please help me and take a guess as to what it is? its weird though...when it does kick in it feels a lot faster than it used to.

my first guess is that when i hydrolocked my engine and got it running ....some crap went into the exhaust and possibly clogged up one of my cats...would explain diff exhaust note and the non acceleration. other than that the only thing i can think of is the transmission...but they already flushed it and everything so i don tknow.

oh one more thing, the oil is clear..i've never seen that before...and not crystal clear just clear and a little bit of slight brown around the edges... i need some help...my mom thinks it just needs to be broken in, but its a used engine.....so i'm keeping it over the weekend. what do you guys think?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2006, 04:10 PM   #2
Focus Addict

oh and also my transmission fluid smells like ass when i smell it...is that common too lol
*FOR SALE*NEEDS TO GO: FS DURATEC STRUT BAR 50$ -ZX3/ZX5 SIDE SKIRTS PM ME!!
Old 04-21-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

Points 37,662, Level 100
Points: 37,662, Level: 100 Points: 37,662, Level: 100 Points: 37,662, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
yah the shop did a second hand job cause that's not right...what is exactly wrong with it I'm not sure but there is NO brake in period...you slap it on and go....your trans has somethin wrong with it thats for sure. the fluid def shouldn't smell bad... I'd take it back and get em to fix anything they fed up cause that's not right
Old 04-21-2006, 10:12 PM   #4
Focus Addict

well like occasionally(mostly when i try to gun it) depending on when i start from, it wont switch gears...itll stay at a certain rpm and act like i'm hitting the limiter at like 4k, its fine if i gun it from 25 but then when it changes gears(if it does, ) it bogs down a lot and accelerates like a snail....i've heard plenty of theories....change the fuel filter, its the transmission, could be the cat got clogged up, needs to break in..
Old 04-21-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
Focus Addict

do you think it could be because it is the 2005 engine not the 2004 and has more stuff on it? because my transmission had no problems until i got my car back. should i get them to put a 2005/06 whatever transmission on it? they did a trans flush before they gave the car to me..
Old 04-21-2006, 10:32 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17493
What I Drive: 2005 yellow zx3

FF Reputation: 1 magic2119 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
acutually it could possibly be the 04-05 issue. also you need to make sure that it is a 2.3 and not a 2.0 on the engine. if i were you, i'd go find some people with the different engines that have pics in their gallary and look at them and see if you can see any difference between the 04 and 05
Team Duratec #15

You Are NOT Prepared!!
Old 04-22-2006, 12:42 AM   #7
Focus Addict

i'm pretty sure its the 2.3...because of the acceleration when it doesnt bog is really nice, and theres a sticker on the side that says 2.3..lol still the 04 is diff than the newer ones
Old 04-22-2006, 12:52 AM   #8
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

Points 37,662, Level 100
Points: 37,662, Level: 100 Points: 37,662, Level: 100 Points: 37,662, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
well I can tell you DEF NO BRAKEIN...That's obsurd. I highly doubt the cat is clogged cause you figure if it is, how the hell did something that big get through your engine in the first place? It woulda just killed your engine even more and never got out. The only reason that could be is if the shop put somethin in there before they closed everything up. The tras is def messed up thats for sure. Or the engine...either way bring it back asap to make em fix it. I wouldn't drive it anymore so nothin else fs up cause if you damage it after they fixed it they might not cover it telling you you shoulda brought it in sooner and not drivin it. You could then sue but it'd be a big Pain in the a!!. Stop driving it and bring it back
Old 04-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #9
Focus Addict

how long do you think it will take for them to get/install a new transmission or whatever they might do...because i gotta have a car and my sched. doesnt mix with my mothers.....insurance cant pay for another rental it has nothing to do with them. ford wont like give me a loaner car will they? like a mustang gt....lol jk...but seriously
Old 04-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #10
Focus Addict

anyone.....anyone....beuller....beuller

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.