gas prices - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2006, 11:03 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16868
What I Drive: 01' Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Silva_Bullet01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
gas prices

well here is an email goin around, thought i would copy it here, it could work if everyone actually did it. I dont buy from the 2 companies so i guess im doin my part heh.

GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your consideration.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by this summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..... not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!
I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28357
What I Drive: 2004 Burgandy 2.3 PZEV Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 MarksPZEV Good Standing Member
This is retarted. Prices for everything is going up...what do you want to work on next? Not buying any coburg product to make milk go back to 99 cents a gallon?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

dunno what retarted is but maybe you were looking for retarded? well it was just a post dont have to start flaming about it. didnt say you had to do it just that it was an email goin around.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #4
SVT Fanatic

Fan#: 16592
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT; 1572 of 1978

Points 4,482, Level 42
Points: 4,482, Level: 42 Points: 4,482, Level: 42 Points: 4,482, Level: 42
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 31 svt2nv04 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
i own 1 car. it gets up to 35mpg. i'm not really worried about it. ^^^good point everything is going up BUT we're still getting our money taken. i'm not worried about it because i don't think there's anything as consumers we can do about it. the government probably could though
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Hey, I have my opinion...thats what forums are about. So what is your opinion on this?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30887
What I Drive: 05 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 fiendno1 Good Standing Member
THE PROBLEM WITH NOT BUYING GAS ON ONE DAY ONLY MEANS THAT PEOPLE WILL FILL UP THE DAY BEFORE OR THE DAY AFTER WHICH DOES NOTHING. BUT THAT'S JUST MY OPINION.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2248309
Old 04-19-2006, 11:38 AM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

it said in there that buying gas on one day wouldnt work and was a bad idea, it said that not buying from the 2 top companies all together, you would still get gas but 2 companies would have to lower thier prices to get people to buy from them again thus making other companies lower thier prices to keep up..
my opinion is that Theoretically it could work but getting enough people to actually do this would be pretty much impossible.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

I don't think people would complain as much if everyone wasn't always in a hurry. People rarley go the speed limit, always driving like they are late. This doesn't help with gas milage. Just take it easy on the road and you will see a big difference.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30887
What I Drive: 05 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 fiendno1 Good Standing Member
i dont know about where you live but here in PA we would save 45 to 50 cents a gallon if the state would do something about the gas tax. so why not have the goverment help out in this matter.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2248309
Old 04-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 17992
What I Drive: 95 Metro, 03 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 pspringe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
If you don't like the price of gas, don't buy it.

Kariertes Hemd und Samenstau, ich studier' Maschienenbau.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.