07 Wrangler 4door, 07 elantra spyshots - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 25921
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
07 Wrangler 4door, 07 elantra spyshots

Interior (image too large to post) : http://i1.tinypic.com/v4s1p0.jpg

Quote:
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 5Door

The first ever five door Wrangler is based on the redesigned 2007 3door version of Jeep’s iconic model, featuring a longer wheelbase that improves passenger and cargo space. Like the 3door version, the Wrangler Unlimited will be offered with Jeep’s new 3.8-liter overhead valve V-6 engine that produces 205 horsepower and 240 lb.-ft. of torque. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited will come with a standard six-speed manual transmission or an available four-speed automatic transmission. As for the styling, the 5door Wrangler could easily be mistaken for a Hummer’s H3 smaller brother...

Quote:
Hyundai FD Concept -2007 Elantra & C Segment Hatch
Hyundai gives us a teaser of its upcoming 2007 midsize hatch, that will compete in the Ford Focus & VW Golf category. The sedan version will replace the current Elantra model

Designed by Hyundai’s new site in Russelsheim, Germany, the FD concept is the product of a young team of European engineers who have been given a great deal of freedom by Korean headquarters. The concept will be previewed in the Paris Auto Show in September, with production versions following in early 2007.

The FD is going to be bigger than the Accent -which will continue to be offered as an in-between category model, giving Hyundai a competitor in the C-segment, taking on Ford Focus, Opel Astra and Volkswagen Golf models.

It is already confirmed by Hyundai that the FD will would share the same platform as Kia’s new model, dubbed the ED. This ED, is actually the production version of the C'eed concept seen at the Geneva Motor Show in March, and will replace the current Cerato. But whereas the Kia was largely the work of a Korean team, then 'Europeanised' at Russelsheim, the design of the Hyundai has been created from scratch alongside the engineering development.

Although the ED and FD will share similar mechanical and structural designs, with only minor variations in, for example, suspension tuning, they will have a different image and market positioning. Underlining this, they will be built at two different factories - the Kia ED in Zilina, Slovakia, and the FD at Hyundai’s new factory at the Czech Republic. Engines will be similar to those already in the Hyundai-Kia range, including 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0-litre petrol engines and 1.5 and 2.0 turbo diesels.

The new model will be available in hatchback (3 & 5 door) and sedan versions, with the later replacing the current Elantra (see pics). According to European sources, the FD will also base Hyundai’s future midsize coupe-cabriolet and MPV models.
Source: http://www.carscoop.blogspot.com/

Igor

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

^^^BTW please notice the resemblance between the elantra interior and the new Rav4 interior ....

Hyu seems to be bveating Yota at their own game .... I see bright future for Hyu/Kia

Igor
Old 04-10-2006, 03:00 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25855
What I Drive: 2011 Subaru Impreza

FF Reputation: 1 camurphy2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yea Hyundai is really trying but the fuel millage on their cars stink. My boss had a 2005 sonata and he was getting 17 hi way. I have a rav 4 and its a great little suv. Igor what is your beef with toyota?
Team Duratec #63
Old 04-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21082
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Grey ZX3/ 97 dodge ram

FF Reputation: 1 fspeed Good Standing Member
I like that Jeep, the wranglers now are a little hard to get in the back.
Zetec Crew #13
cruisin' low n' slow
Old 04-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by camurphy2
Igor what is your beef with toyota?
I respect their management technique - ie fighting all emerging problems, but despise their products and the way they are not scrutinized by the market.

Camry seems to be a different sort of product, but I will wait for the new Corolla to re-evaluate my opinion...

I think Yota is just riding on thier past halo, despite currently having no products to support that image.

Finally, my comment with "Hyu beating Yota at their game" refers to Yotas biggest success.. copying competing products, and then adding something extra to win.. that is how they started and it worked wonders... now Hyundai is doing the same thing... Sonata was directly aimed at Camry and it wasa good attempt (for a first attempt). the Elantra might be even better, and give the competition a run for their money.

Igor
Old 04-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11151
What I Drive: An Orange EAP

FF Reputation: 3 brawls43 Good Standing Member
Wow, and I thought Ford was getting worse styling. Both of those are horrid. Except maybe the interior of the Hyundai.
SVT Squad #225
Old 04-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #7
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,899, Level 97
Points: 26,899, Level: 97 Points: 26,899, Level: 97 Points: 26,899, Level: 97
Level Up 55% Completed
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
wow, i really like the wrangler and the color as well. I wouldnt mind owning one of those.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.