What do you hate most about other drivers? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

Points 31,552, Level 100
Points: 31,552, Level: 100 Points: 31,552, Level: 100 Points: 31,552, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%
FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
What do you hate most about other drivers?

I've been noticing a lot of stupid crazy things that people do on the roads today and wanted to get everyones opinions and their personal stories as well.

The biggest thing i hate is when you're following behind someone and then they hit there brakes come to a nearly completly stop and turn. The topper is SOMETIMES they use their turn signal to let you know where they just were.

Or When they're in another lane and try to merge over w/o using a turn-signal and then get mad at you for not knowing they wanted over

I have many things that i personally hate, but i would like to get everyones insight on this. Mostly here for people to vent. Also let's keep it clean, i don't want to get this thread deleted or locked

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #2
#chairlife

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

Points 20,962, Level 91
Points: 20,962, Level: 91 Points: 20,962, Level: 91 Points: 20,962, Level: 91
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 48%
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%
FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
a pet peeve, is people that do like less then 5 over in the left lane and hold up the entire freeway. Another, I have a stick, people watch brake lights, not the car. So sitting on a hill, when they are on my ass, and I start to rool back a tad. People who don't check their blind spots and merge into you and your lane. I could go on but I'll allow more people.
ST Crew #11
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Focus Takeover #013 / Tarbo Fan # 001
Old 03-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Points 31,552, Level 100
Points: 31,552, Level: 100 Points: 31,552, Level: 100 Points: 31,552, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 30%
yeah that's another thing i hate. People watching brake lights, so as soon as they see the brake lights go out they're on the gas and nearly rear end you. Another thing is on the highway too. A car hit the brakes that's about 5 - 10 carlengths ahead of the guy in front of you and they slam their breaks and nearly cause you to wreck.

I also hate rubbernecking. I was in atleast 2 traffic jams because of this on my way down to Florida. There was an accident on the other side of the road (opposing traffic) and everyone was stopping too look at it. That in itself was a 1 hour traffic jam.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I live in Oklahoma City, and the majority of roads I can drive down are straight. On-ramps, off-ramps, and things of the like are the only time for me to let a little loose, and I dislike it when people insist on driving 10-15 below the suggested safe speed.

I don't like it when people wait to the last minute to get over in a busy lane. They just want to shoot ahead and cut everyone because they're impatient. Typically, that's the reason rush hour traffic builds up so substantially and consistently. No one can ever just get in their lane and stay there. They have to swerve around and cut and try to force their way over causing everyone behind them to slow down. That annoys me...
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Old 03-10-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 25921
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
1) left lane bandits
2) people who drive dangerously
3) people who are rude
4) people who "block the box"
5) people who honk when there is nothing endangering them.

My worst cases of this in one person was a guy doing 67mph on an interstes (rural interestate) in left lane and when I flashed on him to move over he gave me the finger WTF?!?!?

A guy who decided to take me thgrough the right shoulder, and then block my signalled right turn.

All the people driving to work in Philly that honk at each other.. got so bad, not I use a side street to walk to my office.

Igor
Old 03-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #6
aka The Wizard

Fan#: 27514
What I Drive: '87 Jetta GL, '82 Benz 300TD

Points 22,549, Level 93
Points: 22,549, Level: 93 Points: 22,549, Level: 93 Points: 22,549, Level: 93
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 9 Timmeh! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by Duffman355
a pet peeve, is people that do like less then 5 over in the left lane and hold up the entire freeway...
i totally agree with the less than 5 over in the left lane....

here in michigan during the day with average traffic the slow lane goes about 70-75.
the fast lane usually goes 60-65 because some idiot wanted to get away from all the traffic in the other lanes. he's also usually driving either a big SUV a full size van or a delvery truck.
but yeah getting passed on the right is retarded

ugh! although today there was a nice little strip of open road in the left lane so i got to make up for lost time.

also my dad is horrible about his turn signals (i've got another story on that). he also tends to drive like a three year old (random swerving, random acceleration, random donuts in parking lots). it simply pisses me off cause then he looks at me and goes "don't EVER drive like that" to which i usually say "i wont". and one of his superiors at work must've noticed how he drives. because he works for onstar and he gets a "pep" car every 3 months. after the supercharged indianapolis reaceway series impala they gave him he's been getting one SUV after the other. (the impala was a blast to drive though the boost on it is likw WOAH). and i noticed the SUVs have been getting larger everytime.

anywho just sharing my story
Old 03-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #7
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Points 31,552, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 30%
or also people doing like 20 under the speed limit to get on the highway from a on-ramp. and then there's like 10 - 15 cars behind them.

Say the highway speed limit is 65MPH by the time your supposed to merge on the highway you're doing 45 - 50 MPH.

Then there's people who don't let you on the highway once your up to speed and there's nobody in the left lane.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32333
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 DarkHorse Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
One of my biggest pet peeves is people that go 40 until they merge onto the freeway and then they accelerate to highway speed.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #9
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe

Fan#: 2179
What I Drive: 2009 Octane Blue Pearl Lancer GTS

FF Reputation: 6 CrazyMatt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
The hot girl that sits next to them that NEVER flashes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
^Slow your roll Dirk Diggler or you're going to have be back in the hospital with broken nuts!
Old 03-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17493
What I Drive: 2005 yellow zx3

FF Reputation: 1 magic2119 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i get sick when people drive slower than the limit, they are more dangerous that the people going 10-15 over. also i hate people that drive in my driver side blind spot in their POS cars hoping i will change lanes and hut them so they can get a new car. i had a guy drive right in my blind spot for about 10 miles. i even tried to slow down, and speed up and he matched me and stayed there. luckall i check everytime i change lanes.
Team Duratec #15

You Are NOT Prepared!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.