Question for Ford Dealership employees... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2006, 12:33 AM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Question for Ford Dealership employees...

This is directed mostly at the couple of guys on here who work as mechanics at Ford dealers (I know there's a few of you on this Forum);

I recently had to have transmission repairs done at a dealership, long story but the linkage let go inside the box and I was 200 miles from home and couldn't wait for a transmission shop to order parts. Anyways, before taking the car in everything was running smoothly (sans the ability to select a gear.) So I take the car in, they remove the transmission and replace the entire linkage assembly, I get the car back and the clutch started slipping. At first I wrote it off to the clutch needing to adjust since the transmission input shaft had been removed and reinserted, and for a while it went away. But now its really slipping, and I usually have to put it in gear and punch it to 5,000 RPMs just to get moving and then it progressively gets better as the engine warms up, and eventually I can get the car going without revving the engine excessively.

So my question is, will the dealer I had the repairs done at flatly refuse to look at my car unless I pay for it? I find it too coincidental that before going in my clutch was fine, and now it barely holds. Its a CM stage 4 with ~23,000 miles on it (90% of which are highway miles) and it hasn't even been in the car for a year...I suspect that they either knocked the friction disc and pressure plate out of alignment, or they might've snapped one of the lines going to the slave cylinder/TOB when they removed or replaced the transmission and its slowly dripping brake fluid inside the bellhousing. I would think that on a repair of this magnitude when I had to pay $850 that there would be some kind of warranty on parts and labor...I know they might try to refuse service, but I'm trying to figure out if this is something that would even be remotely covered.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2006, 09:29 AM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32135
What I Drive: .

FF Reputation: 6 javiersvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
not a mechanic, but since u replace your clutch with an aftermarket, the warranty wont cover anything, even thou the car was fine before it got there...
Old 08-15-2006, 10:07 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31008
What I Drive: 06 Chevy Cobalt LS 5speed

FF Reputation: 1 nomoreavril Good Standing Member
well , they wont replace the clutch, but you can ask if they can see if theres something else wrong not just the clutch
*FOR SALE*NEEDS TO GO: FS DURATEC STRUT BAR 50$ -ZX3/ZX5 SIDE SKIRTS PM ME!!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37787
What I Drive: 2004 SVT EAP ZX5 #249

FF Reputation: 1 1SVTFocus Good Standing Member
@ the dealership we warentee work for 30 days in most cases. Your car isnt under any warentee nor is it a stock clutch AND its a wear item. You are not going to get anywhere with most(99%) ford dealers. I work @ one in handaling these issues, and not even I, knowing you from here would wanna justify giving you a new clutch because your aftermarket one after we did a linkage ajustment started slipping. It a case of we dont know what yah did to it but we dont care cuz its not covered. Sux because they may have fudged something up but you cant really prove it.
SVT Squad #258
Mean what you say, Say what you mean.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:09 AM   #5
Focus Addict

yo 1svt, what are my chances of getting a new engine if mine blows...
i bought the car about 6 months ago, used, with a 2/24 bumper to bumper, car had 80k when i bought it, about 90k now..., i want to do stuff to the engine and exhaust but i don't want to void the warranty, so if i blow it and they replace it then i can do what i want to it...
what do u think?
thanks
Old 08-15-2006, 11:30 AM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 27739
What I Drive: '06 silver ST

Points 6,958, Level 55
Points: 6,958, Level: 55 Points: 6,958, Level: 55 Points: 6,958, Level: 55
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 11 Svtzx555 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Just take it back to the dealer who did the repair and let them look at it. If you just spent $850 there, I'm sure they'll look at the car without charging you anything. Won't hurt to try.
Gumpcrew#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_07ninja View Post
Svtzx555-3 to Sn4ckm4st3r-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnFocus View Post
Yea, I'll go .080 over on his face.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:17 PM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Yeah...this was back in February, I ended up doing a clutch replacement myself with the assistance of my friend who's a diesel mechanic. The friction disc had very unusual wear...on one edge the puck was worn to the rivets and on the other it was fine. I sent the clutch back to Tom (of Focus-Power) and he in turn sent it to CM on the suspicion it was defective, and I'm still waiting to hear back.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:43 PM   #8
Focus Addict

wow, sorry to hear that man
Old 08-15-2006, 09:00 PM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 36991
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 ST - SAP I

FF Reputation: 1 tdkaye1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by javiersvt
yo 1svt, what are my chances of getting a new engine if mine blows...
i bought the car about 6 months ago, used, with a 2/24 bumper to bumper, car had 80k when i bought it, about 90k now..., i want to do stuff to the engine and exhaust but i don't want to void the warranty, so if i blow it and they replace it then i can do what i want to it...
what do u think?
thanks
You PLAN on blowing it? Is that 2/24 the remainder you had when you bought it? Warranties cover anything that isn't a wear and tear item. Aftermarket parts/work can only be denied from warranties if they find that the aftermarket part CAUSED the problem. I'll see if I can find that for you, I believe it's a law.

Edit: Here is the link:

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8128

Best bet on any questions about your warranty are to ASK FIRST. Better to ask first and know going in to a situation.

Slowly but surely building the perfect animal.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Originally posted by HempHound
Blue Lights=SEX LIGHTS cause someone is about to get fu%@#*
Old 08-15-2006, 10:01 PM   #10
Focus Addict

as far as i know, when i bought it, there was no warranty, but since it was a used vehicle at a ford dealership, they offered me an extended one for 2yr/24k for like 1500 bucks, the clutch went on the car and it was replace for 100 buck (deduc.) so the warranty basically it paid for it self, but like i said there are 90k on the car, and i do want to mess around with it, throw some performance and get the thing going, but i don't want to put money and then blow it, and then they may not cover it because it was caused by something else....
i don;t know what to do, it's not like an starter went nad 50 to 100 bucks later they will replace it, we talking big bucks for ford, and they won't just give it away...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.