If only dodge... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2006, 09:27 AM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 150
What I Drive: 2007 Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 cpyder Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
If only dodge...

If only dodge or Ford for any matter, actually put this much effort into all their consumer products..

http://66.98.238.16/compfuse/media/1...mahawk_760.wmv

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
Capital Obvious

Fan#: 11768
What I Drive: 2008 Redfire Metallic Fusion

FF Reputation: 1 MyBlackST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
that is by dodge....so they did put thought into it. Or do you mean that kind of thought into cars such as the charger, challanger, srt-10 truck,viper, srt-8 300c, srt-8 grand cherokee?

Ford is always lacking in that area though... But the 07 gt500 does look HOT in person.The strange thing is...there is no ford emblems on it.

ST Crew #3
TEAM DURATEC # 7

Last edited by MyBlackST; 02-16-2006 at 10:40 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2006, 11:17 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6590
What I Drive: '05 Sonic Blue Escape

FF Reputation: 1 Kneel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
With those dualie tires, that thing won't corner without losing what stability it has. And with a V-10 engine and small motorcycle gas tank, you would have to stop for gas every 30 miles. It's amazing that auto companies have so much extra money to burn on stuff like this with absolutely little or no production or profit potential.

It's also not scoring them any points to illustrate what they are capable of vs. what they actually do, because what they actually do produce is so much crap and that's what matters to their potential customers.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:38 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8616
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-red ZX3 w/ 2.3PZEV 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 1 cliff4ever Good Standing Member
Hey Butthead kneel, that thing is SICK!!! It can handle amazingly well, have seen video's of it on the internet. With the weight of that engine sitting so low, it handles like a monster they say. That, and it's 2 speed gear box along with 500+ HP and they say it will hit a guestimated 300 MPH, 0-60 in the 2 second range. And it gets great gas milage when not romping on it, but who would do that. You ever seen Jay Leno's helicopter turbine engine motorcycle? I'd buy that in a second. One of the only Dodge things I would ever buy. All hand crafted and milled from block aluminum. It's a truely masterful bit of engineering.
Mod's checklist: K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla 2.5" cat-back, SVT suspension kit upgrade w/prothane spring isolator and sway bar bushing kit, Focus Central strut tower brace, Steeda short throw w/ Roush shift knob, clear grill turn signals w/PIAA Xtreme White, clear corners w/PIAA Xtreme White, PIAA Xtreme White Plus headlights, Nokya Arctic White fogs, LONG LIVE THE CAMARO 2008!

Best 1/4 mile: 16.19 @86 MPH
Old 02-16-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13841
What I Drive: 08 Fusion SEL, Focus ST on order

FF Reputation: 1 MISVTfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by Kneel
It's amazing that auto companies have so much extra money to burn on stuff like this with absolutely little or no production or profit potential.
It's just to attract attention, to get people talking about it, to have their name referenced in the paper/auto mags a couple more times. They put out the weird, wild, and whacky so people see their nameplate on something crazy. It's basically like another form of advertising.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6590
What I Drive: '05 Sonic Blue Escape

FF Reputation: 1 Kneel Good Standing Member
cliff4ever - ok then, show me how well that thing thing handles corners. Any videos or pics out there of it doing anything other than going in a straight line?
Old 02-16-2006, 01:48 PM   #7
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing Member Egz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Wow, this thing is making the rounds again? It was the repost king of 2005. (or was it 2004?)
Old 02-16-2006, 02:42 PM   #8
Focus Addict

I was actually searching for vids and can't find any. Thing looks straight out of Tron though. When it corners the wheels stay touching the ground, both sets, so all 4 are on the ground at all times. I'm not saying this thing will out handle a Ducati or something, but for what it is it handles the nuts.
Mod's checklist: K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla 2.5" cat-back, SVT suspension kit upgrade w/prothane spring isolator and sway bar bushing kit, Focus Central strut tower brace, Steeda short throw w/ Roush shift knob, clear grill turn signals w/PIAA Xtreme White, clear corners w/PIAA Xtreme White, PIAA Xtreme White Plus headlights, Nokya Arctic White fogs, LONG LIVE THE CAMARO 2008!

Old 02-16-2006, 02:55 PM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 150
What I Drive: 2007 Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 cpyder Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^^ yeah.,... I will try to find the other vid of the cornering.

The thing stays on all fours while turning. And the 0-60 is just over 2 seconds. They also did a test of what happens if you jump off the thing, as long as you're not in the middle of an insane curve or stunt it actually stays standing on its own. (enough of a wheelbase I guess) HA, a bike with a wheelbase.

This vid is a bit older and I think they already started to produce for those who pre-ordered.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:03 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Yah it stands on its own, it comes with NO KICKSTAND. That's cool. You just lock the wheels together somehow.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.