need some advice - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21759
What I Drive: 2009 Vista Blue SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 42 mrfatride Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
need some advice

well ive come to the point where i realize i cant afford my focus anymore and im forced to sell. im only 20 and its not worth ruining my finances for the rest of my life. i have an 05 Zx3 SES has EVERYTHING but leather and audiophile. car has 16000 miles and only known flaws is a dime size dent on the hood with 3 scratches (been quoted 3-400 dollars to repair) i owe 13,100 and i know damn well i wont get that so what do you think is a good price to ask for the car. realize i wont and cannot give this car away and ive got as much as 10,500 from a dealer. and if anyone here is interested i can take some pics and go into farther detail. thanks for all your input!

2009 SES Coupe #036
MECP Certified Installer
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #2
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

Points 31,033, Level 100
Points: 31,033, Level: 100 Points: 31,033, Level: 100 Points: 31,033, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
wow i paid what your tring to sell your focus for mine. I'm 22 and bought the car when i was 20. My mother is a banker and it's a curse to look at everything in the financial aspect. Ford wouldn't approve me w/o my mother, but my credit union did for a 4.9% interest rate. Maybe look a refinancing the car through somewhere else. My payments were like $350/month through Ford but my payment are 267 through my credit union. and i still pay $350/month and i'm going to be payin it off here in a less than a year.

I'd say stick with the car, you prolly can't find a goor reliable transportation either, but to each their own. It would look good on your credit if you paid the car off.

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT
Old 02-06-2006, 10:52 PM   #3
Focus Addict

thats the thing i have good credit but im 20 and in college. i need to cut atleast 200 dollars out of my budget and refinancing the car will not gain me that. the insurance also is killin me. im a handy person so im not worried bout beaters i can fix em and if i cant i know someone that can.
2009 SES Coupe #036
MECP Certified Installer
Old 02-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8683
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Gray ZX4

FF Reputation: 4 magicleo2120 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
then why did u get a fully loaded car? u should of got a bucket 1st and finish skool then get what u want when u got what u working on now...IMO
PIAA headlights & window wipers, Silverstar turn signals, clear OBX side markers, ST grille and ST fog-light bezels, white LED dome light, blacked out tail lights, debadged, MBRP exhaust, Focus Sport CAI, Focus Central front strut bar, Pioneer DEH-P6700MP CD player, Pioneer 3-way & 4-way speakers, 2 Kenwood 10"s, Dual Amp (2 channel), 5% 2xrear tint, 5% 1xfront, Eibach Sportline suspension w/ Pro dampers and more to cum...
Old 02-07-2006, 02:22 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29959
What I Drive: 05 Black ST

Points 2,786, Level 32
Points: 2,786, Level: 32 Points: 2,786, Level: 32 Points: 2,786, Level: 32
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Ripped ST 151 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
dude got to kelly blue book .com www.kbb.com it will give you a fairly accurate retail price and private party value. good luck man. im also 20 with a ST and a 12,200 debt. now i'm just working my a$$ off to make payments. i love my ST though. let me know if there's anything i can do.

ST Crew #13
Old 02-07-2006, 05:42 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by magicleo2120
then why did u get a fully loaded car? u should of got a bucket 1st and finish skool then get what u want when u got what u working on now...IMO
cause at the time i was making damn good money (bought the car in april of 05) and i only paid 15,100 for the car.
2009 SES Coupe #036
MECP Certified Installer
Old 02-07-2006, 05:51 AM   #7
I don't care

Fan#: 19367
What I Drive: '99 Saab 9-3

Points 7,098, Level 55
Points: 7,098, Level: 55 Points: 7,098, Level: 55 Points: 7,098, Level: 55
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 13 ZX4STDoug Great Standing Member
Have you tried putting the car on AutoTrader ? It'll be a tough market, what with there being $2500 rebates on new ones, plus $500 Ford Credit cash available. I'd keep in mind what someone could purchase a new one like yours for, and price yours accordingly. You're going to take a bit of a hit, but hopefully it won't be too bad. I wish you the best of luck and hope things work out for you.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:09 AM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26230
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 5 SVT Robzor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
It's gonna be a wicked losing proposition to trade it now, and a tough sale 3rd party. Only way I can see that panning out for you would be to replace the car with something you KNOW will save you money over time on insurance. I don't know exactly how the SES is on insurance, I'm 21 and my SVT is pretty obscene, I stand to save roughly $1000/yr on insurance alone, disregarding lower likely cost of maintenance, on a Subaru 2.5RS. The difference diminishes as I approach 25. I'm crazy enough to keep the SVT, but if you can get some solid numbers (ex: lose $2300 on the trade-in, save $800/yr on insurance, you're ahead in 3 years) you might be able to justify it. Otherwise, the others are right, you're probably best off overall to keep it.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #9
Focus Addict

well im gonna put it in the paper for 12,500obo i figure if i can get 10,500 on trade and i have gone to various used lots and seen cars comparible to my car going for 13ish i would think i could maybe even get 11,500 for it and make up the differnce. i would like to just sell out and get a cheap beater cause like i said repairs are nothing and i could run plpd. i thought about trading it in for a used tarus but after rolling the difference i would only save maybe 2500 bucks. i am not sure on the insurance difference yet. im paying 250 per month on insurance so if i can nock that number down to like 150-200 i would be in better shape and will have to look at the long term or hopefully i can pick up a 2nd job.
2009 SES Coupe #036
MECP Certified Installer
Old 02-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 15299
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Wine Cooled Eng.

FF Reputation: 54 Blurvfocus Excellent Standing Member
Skip the "OBO" part. That's assumed. By stating that outright, you're just telling everyone "Do not offer to pay asking price".

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.