New Mazda MPV (NO56k) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 25921
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
New Mazda MPV (NO56k)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahura @ www.Mazda3Forums.com

The soon-to-be-launched All New Mazda MPV is engineered for those who truly appreciate the minivan, with quality that inspires great pleasure in ownership, sophisticated styling that tells of the owner's discrimination and taste, and dynamic performance typical of Mazda's DNA. Mazda's vision of the next-generation touring minivan not only offers all the interior space and utility of conventional minivans, it also has graceful proportions with taut, athletic lines, and an open and spacious interior -projecting an air of high quality.
The direct-injection MZR 2.3 DISI Turbo engine and 6-speed automatic transmission deliver high fuel efficiency and low emissions, along with spirited performance far beyond the norm for a minivan.

And the newly developed high-rigidity body complements the high power engine with sporty handling, combined with a comfortable ride.

MZR 2.3 DISI Turbo

Thanks to direct injection and a turbocharger, this engine--despite a relatively small displacement of 2.3 liters--achieves high, flat torque and superb response comparable to a 3.5 to 4-liter V6 power plant, in addition to superior fuel efficiency and environmental performance. MZR 2.3L DISI Turbo for Mazdaspeed6/Mazda6 MPS/ Mazdaspeed Atenza is the only turbo engine produced in Japan that meets SU-LEV standards. This high-power, eco-friendly engine is mounted in the Mazdaspeed6/Mazda6 MPS/ Mazdaspeed Atenza and will also power other sports-grade vehicles, including the all-new Mazda MPV.

Smart Idling Stop System

The Smart Idling Stop System eliminates the use of an electric starter motor to achieve quicker, quieter and more reliable restarting. The system precisely controls piston position when the engine stops, injecting a small amount of fuel, causing the engine to run slightly in reverse. The system then ignites the fuel in the cylinder that has begun compressing due to the engine's reverse rotation, restarting the engine.

Safety technologies: Integrated Vehicle Dynamics Control System

A computer monitors the inputs received from the accelerator pedal, steering wheel, and brake pedal and uses them to determine the driver's intentions. These are then compared with data from sensors to determine how much the vehicle's actual behavior differs from what the driver wanted to do. Whenever the results indicate the risk of a skid, the computer takes control of the brakes and engine and actively countersteers through the electric power steering system.

Sideswipe Preventing Communication System

At junctions where the driver or onboard sensors and cameras cannot see or detect oncoming vehicles that are obscured by vehicles turning right or vehicles approaching from the sides, the Sideswipe Preventing Communication System exchanges data with approaching vehicles, alerts the driver to their presence using a display and audible warnings, thereby helping to prevent a sideswipe collision.

Adaptive Front Lighting System

The Adaptive Front Lighting System automatically turns the vehicle's low beams on in accordance with the steering angle and vehicle speed, illuminating the path through a curve or junction, enabling safer driving at night. This advanced active safety technology will make its market debut in the all-new Mazda MPV.
MORE INFO
Quote:
Originally posted by Ahura @ www.Mazda3Forums.com
Hm.. I've done some research about the MPV and it have some nice features!

- Automatic slidingdoors and trunkdoor
- 3D blackout meters (like Honda Civic)
- Super Relax Seats (see pictures)
- second-row Karakuri seats (with a pull the seat goes flat. With a push on a button in the trunk and the seat will go up automatic)
- Parking-support system (This system synthesizes images from cameras in the front grille, the tailgate, and in the left-hand door mirror, showing the vehicle’s predicted path)
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (which promotes visibility for the driver by automatically turning the headlights’ low beams from side to side in accordance with the steering angle and vehicle speed during cornering maneuvers at night)

/found it on Mazda3forums.com/ http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=30925.0

Pictures:

More pics: http://www.carview.co.jp/magazine/ph...ion/mazda_mpv/

Last edited by igor; 02-02-2006 at 11:53 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7011
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES Gloss Black

FF Reputation: 2 eazyrider_tim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
thats a small minivan
Old 02-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
#chairlife

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

Points 20,570, Level 90
Points: 20,570, Level: 90 Points: 20,570, Level: 90 Points: 20,570, Level: 90
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 80%
Activity: 80% Activity: 80% Activity: 80%
FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
imagine if Dodge converted the caravan to RWD and dropped in a Hemi. SRT-8 Caravan.
ST Crew #11
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Focus Takeover #013 / Tarbo Fan # 001
Old 02-02-2006, 11:54 AM   #4
Focus Fanatic

I edited the first post and deleted, subsequent ones from me.

this seems the size of a regular minivan (no more undersized like the current MPV)... it is not coming to Europe, so I am not sure whether it is coming to US of A.. it was already released in Japan, though

Igor
Old 02-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 28,551, Level 99
Points: 28,551, Level: 99 Points: 28,551, Level: 99 Points: 28,551, Level: 99
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 271 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'd take one without the rear seat. I wish they would put that DSI in the MP5 with a standard or auto trans.. I'd be all over it. It does look like we'll be seeing more and more 6 spd auto FWD's from Ford, that can only be good IMHO, if that tranny has no appreciable issues. I liked the CVT I drove too, I assumed it would be better in town than on the highway, but it got 26-28 from a 3.0 Duratec in a Freestyle half tank.. that's very good!!

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:15 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

yeah I am a little bummed out about the Mazda5 not having an MTX options.. oh well.. in days when even the EVO is getting an AUTO ONLY ... I guess we should not expect more from people movers...

Yeah I love the Mz5.. but with the sales as low as they are in the US there will not be anything done to it...

Igor
Old 02-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #7
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
fully reclining bucket seats...with foot rest, a pretty nice interior and dual tip exhaust, i love it haha on a minivan too, thats one of the coolest mini vans i ever seen.

Oh wait, and a turbo....in a mini-van whaaaaat. Id drive that thing.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #8

Fan#: 20623
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
That's actually a really nice minivan.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:35 AM   #9
Focus Fanatic

OK we all got suffieciently excited.. so here comes the good and bad news:

Good news: the standard engine is the NO-TURBO 2.3 wit h163hp. the DISI is an option. Ok that was not the good news..

Here comes the good news: Option of front and Four Wheel Drive.

Now the bad news: this is for JAPANESE market only.

We are getting the CX-7 and CX-9 instead... basiacally the Edge and Freestyle/Fairline... Ford is thus definitely pulling out of the Minivan Market in the US...

SOURCE: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=109169

Igor
Old 02-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #10
on thin air

Fan#: 22528
What I Drive: 04 Forester XTi

Points 15,083, Level 79
Points: 15,083, Level: 79 Points: 15,083, Level: 79 Points: 15,083, Level: 79
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 80 ..:: sleestak ::.. Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
dambit...a turbo awd mini van would rule for snowboard trips w/ my whole crew.

imagine rolling outta that thing at the resorts lot (thinking of Jeff Spicolli in Fast Times getting outta the van)

"Our mother of blessed accelleration, dont fail us now!" -- Elwood Blues

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.