First Big night of cruising - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 24778
What I Drive: a better car than a focus.

FF Reputation: 219 honhon Excellent Standing Member honhon Excellent Standing Member honhon Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Post First Big night of cruising

Hey all. ive been on here for awhile and have lived in tampa with my dad for almost 2yrs (after living with my mom in bonita springs for a long time)

but anyways. my half brother, same dad different moms. he moved here from oregon. hes 19 and im 20. so we have things that click and cars are one of them. we both have foci. hes got a 2001 Yellow ZX3 5spd, and i have a 2005 ZX3 5spd, so its alot of Zetec vs duratec talk amongst us.

but again anyways, i never went out before cruising lookin to race or anything b/c i was always working but sinse my brother moved here we go driving alot. and of course. do alittle of the illegal ST_ _ _ racing. lol but we met some people in a parking lot, and went cruising with them, we went to an idustiral spot and ran 3 races. my brother took a 2002 honda civic that was having Vtec problems, but it was an auto, so all the kid had to do was just floor it.

but then 2 VW's tried racing with cars on the road, so everyone wanted to leave b/c they were saying the cops were gonna be called. so we left and went to a big meet area in the middle of no-where by a bridge where there were like 100's of cars. and a florida highway patrolmen on the other side of the road just waiting. and lookin at cars. and BTW my and brother's foci were the only foci there that were actually modded. there were a few other's there but they were either stock sedans with bodykits or stock SVT's

so we hung out there for alittle. then we left and headed to the gas station down the road. got bored there then went back and when we got back the cops were running everyone out. so we joined the crowd and headed back to the same gas station we were at before. hung out there alittle them we left and went to another bridge area, and thats where people were racing. this bridge area is an area that goes from mainland florida to clearwater, so its 2-lanes either way with a dividing wall in the middle, and a little side road on either side and then the bay on either side with orange lights lighting the road (to give you an idea of the setting)

we hung out with the people we were with alittle, they seemed to like to talk alittle more than actually do anything else. but my brother and i were interested in racing, so we stood by the main road where the action was. and there was a white early 90's hatch with a ton of all motor money dropped in. i was guessing a B18C, and he was taking on everyone, but supposedly was having traction problems so was basically losing to everyone, but the best race was of that civic vs dodge neon SRT-4 vs 240sx with a shit load of mods to the engine.

yes thats a 3-car race on a 2-lane road. the civic and srt-4 lined up and the 240 was behind the neon. the kid in the road dropped his hands and they took off hard. and i mean hard, when the 240 and the neon shifted both cars sounded like they had let an m-80 off. all you heard was the engine's reving up the rpm band and then BOOM! and then engine again. and the awesome part, the 240 was dashing back and forth trying to get by both the neon and the civic!
after that someone yelled cops at the end, so we kinda took that as our que to leave, plus it was 3:30am, and we left. and we drove home on SR-60 and at the stop light in front of the mall and movie theater i revd at my brother, he revd back, and i held it at 2500RPM
the light went green, we launched both squeeling the tires through the intersection. we both shifted. and it was pretty well even until 3rd gear. when YES, THE DURATEC PULLED AHEAD, YES I REPEAT THE DURATEC PULLED AHEAD! we then pulled back and we came to the next light, i looked at my brother and i started telling him i got him good, wheres before he would always get me. i got a car length on him by the time we pulled off the throttle.

and then the night ender, we came up to the next light, and guess what. a copper pulled up right behind me. no lights, just pulled up behind me. i looked at my brother as white as a ghost. and then the light turned green, and we took off slowly... then the cop took off, and followed alittle then turned down a side road. and i breathed the biggest sign of relief, at 4am in brandon there isnt much going on, so 2 cars with loud exhausts taking off, im sure you can hear a mile or 2 away.

im sorry this story was long, i could have typed a bit more, b/c i left out a few parts. but that was the biggish highlights of the night.

my brother's mod's consist of a cone filter on the stock MAF, plugs, wires, and a flow through
muffler.
my mods are in my sig. which i plain to expand this week hopefully with maybe a ECU flasher from MM.

of you have any quetions or comments, please post. or if you have a story to tell. let it out!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2006, 12:42 AM   #2
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Points 33,254, Level 100
Points: 33,254, Level: 100 Points: 33,254, Level: 100 Points: 33,254, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
cool story,way to show him whats up, yea the whole cop thing happens to me all the time, then again i know all the city cops, and some sherrifs, but yea they wave at me, one time i was downtown and i was with a friend and i was like, wonder who that is, so i gun it going down dwontown stretch and caught up to him, obviously i went over the speed limit, funny thing tho is he didnt care to much and we were driving side by side talking with our windows open LOL, yea good times
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 12:48 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17718
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 t_bone_c34 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Best thing is to get to know them, trust me. I currently have 16 warnings from the City of Corsicana. Its great! Most of them for speeding and not using a turn signal.

This Lambo once tried to race me. Yea thats right, I said tried... Because he didn't know about my Turbonator.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:55 AM   #4
!FRENCH FRY!

Fan#: 31168
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv

FF Reputation: 8 stoopidsteve87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
yep yep, live just outside los angeles, out here in the beach cities...and cops are always creeping around, seriously gotta watch for them. and me on the freeways...hehehe, thought i was busted the other day but he blew past me as i got off at an exit, he had to be running around 85-90 to catch someone. sucked for whoever that guy was to get the ticket.
Gump Crew #11 / Team Duratec #196
THE Blazin' Copper Hottness of the South

!FRENCH FRY! - The Stop Light Destroyer
Taylor Swift Crew(TSC) #2
Old 01-30-2006, 06:13 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 24778
What I Drive: a better car than a focus.

FF Reputation: 219 honhon Excellent Standing Member honhon Excellent Standing Member honhon Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
lol. i got a citation one time for "conspiracy of street racing" b/c a eclipse had a loud BOV, and we were both going over the speed limit.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.