Warning Detroit Area Drivers - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Warning Detroit Area Drivers

I saw 8 people pulled over in a 1 mile stretch of I-75 today while I was at lunch. Keep your speed under control, rent-a-cops toting radar guns and a power trip is my worst nightmare.

Heads Up - for what it's worth - just saw this; Michigan will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers overtime. There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 6 main intersections and highways.

I-75 north and south
I-94 (from Ann Arbor to Port Huron)
entire length of I-696
I-275 north and south
M-10 Lodge Fwy
I-96 from Detroit West to M-14

Now, 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing all their part timers on full time. If you work anywhere in the Detroit Metropolitan area, you must take one of there interstates, routes, or parkways. It's up to you how fast you are doing when they do.

Wear your seat belt, nothing hanging from the rear view mirror, do the speed limit (not a mile over) use cruise control if you have it, no cracks in your windshield, use your turn signals.

SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1500
FF Reputation: 3 teddyrob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
you would think with the biggest muslime population in the US they would have bigger fish to fry...
Old 01-26-2006, 04:02 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7011
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES Gloss Black

FF Reputation: 2 eazyrider_tim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
That email has been circuiting for 2 weeks, I got the same thing, just Dallas in the title line.......

its a fake man......

Dallas and the state of Texas will launch a 30-day speeding ticket
frenzy.The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding
tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers and Dallas Police
officers overtime. There will be 50 police officers and state troopers in the
Metroplex on duty at all times patrolling the 10 main intersections and
highways.

They are the following:

I-35E north and south

I-20 east and west

75 north and south

635 entire loop

114 east and west

183 east and west

175 north and south

North Dallas Tollway north and south

George Bush Turnpike east and west

360 north and south

Now 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every officer is
supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued
30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing all
their part timers on full time. If you work in Dallas or the surrounding areas
you must take one of these interstates, routes, or parkways. It's up to you
how fast you are doing when they do. WBAP-820 AM confirmed all of this
yesterday morning.

So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 29,189, Level 99
Points: 29,189, Level: 99 Points: 29,189, Level: 99 Points: 29,189, Level: 99
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 271 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
LOL... I was just in Detroit this past weekend... we were being agressively passed while going 75 on 75S. In our little stretch from 14Mile Road to 696 and on to Gratiot Ave in 3 nights I saw an accident every night, and one on Monday morning. It sounds like the police need to write some tickets in Detroit.

I did find it refreshing though since Memphis drivers will drive fast in the right lanes and slow in the left lanes and have been known to come to a complete stop in the left lane in order to turn on windshield wipers when it starts to rain.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Tim, I've been driving this same stretch of road 4 times a day for 2.5 years, at most there will be a single squad car 1-2 times a month at one location. For the past 3 consecutive days during my lunch trip home and back, there have been 5-7 squad cars between Adams Road and Long Lake Road exits off I-75 pulling people over like crazy. Ironically enough a number of them were unmarked brand new black crown vics with temporary light bars thrown on. Neither the Troy PD or MI State PD have ever had these before.

If Dallas got a spoof, I'm sorry. But I saw 8 people pulled over in 1 mile over my lunch break today, that's a blatently obvious change.
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by whynotthinkwhynot
LOL... I was just in Detroit this past weekend... we were being agressively passed while going 75 on 75S.
Yeah that's the norm for driving around here. 90 is standard in the passing lane on 75 once you get north of 14 mile road. But today was pretty damn scary seeing all those police so close together, just when you thought you were in the clear another group of 3 was around the next bend.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #7
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 29,189, Level 99
Points: 29,189, Level: 99 Points: 29,189, Level: 99 Points: 29,189, Level: 99
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 271 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Memphis PD has been out agressively recently too. Just keep those cars about 5 mph over the limit and someone will pass you to take the ticket.

Has anyone ever timed the difference between driving like a bat out of hell around town and driving the speed limit? It can't be much. I used to drive a service van around the city, and was very careful to obey limits as well as safe driving habits. It never took me more than 15 minutes to get from one place to another in Memphis- provided I avoided traffic jams. I can't tell you how many times some hot rod passed me flying, and I caught up to it at the next light.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

I've always wondered that myself, it really doesn't unless you're doing all freeway driving in my area. On days where I fly past everyone doing 85+ in the left lane all 10 miles down 75 I'll just get stuck at the same damn light on the off ramp as everyone behind me. Plus it's just too stressful during rush hours to try and drive like that, people are too stupid and too concerned with something else just waiting to swerve in front of you as you pass 20mph faster than them and oops, your focus is a ball of metal compressed around you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.