Any tips, tricks or suggestions for a new 2015 Focus owner? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yanik

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29983
What I Drive: 15 Ruby Red SE,Blk Pkg,SE+,Lux Pkg

Points 999, Level 16
Points: 999, Level: 16 Points: 999, Level: 16 Points: 999, Level: 16
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 surgeo1919 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Any tips, tricks or suggestions for a new 2015 Focus owner?

Hi Everyone,

it's been a while since I've posted anything. Overall my 2002 Focus in manual has been very good to me. If something went wrong, it was minor and easy to diagnose.

I'll be picking a brand new 2015 SE in Ruby Red, leather, moonroof, black pack, MFT, SE plus pack, 2L 5 speed.

I wanted a 2016 because of Sync 3 but unfortunately, I need a new car now! I also wanted the performance blue color and didn't really care for the black pack or moonroof.

In terms of the paint, how good is it?! I know, 2015 is pretty new and most of the components are carry-over. Anything to really watch out for?!

Thanks in advance,
Andras

Hungarians don't follow the rules. We make our own.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2015, 08:50 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 165778
What I Drive: 2014 Ruby Red Focus SE Sedan

Points 140, Level 2
Points: 140, Level: 2 Points: 140, Level: 2 Points: 140, Level: 2
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Yanik Good Standing Member
If you are buying a new one - make sure you get the color you like. Otherwise you will regret it every time you see a focus in that very color drive by...

I was between white and red, ended up with a red one and was going crazy with second thoughts. Then one day I happened to park right next to oxford white with the same options on a mall parking and got a very delightful and relieving feeling - I liked my color more. Only then my doubts went away and now every time I see a white one I just smile knowing I got the one that I like more in the end.
Arco-Zakus likes this.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:11 PM   #3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 232978
What I Drive: Focus

Points 26, Level 1
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 dgurney Good Standing Member
My wife hit a deer.3000 dollars to fix.1200 dollars just for paint for hood and grill and one fender.Body shop said special 3 stage paint.2012 she hatchback. Transmission has been out 3 times.I think it's finally right.The color is a dark maroon.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 253849
What I Drive: '13 Ti "Ruby Rose"

Points 554, Level 11
Points: 554, Level: 11 Points: 554, Level: 11 Points: 554, Level: 11
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 KamelReds Good Standing Member
I have Ruby Red '13 with 39k miles and the paint has held up well. I will say that finding touch up paint that works well has been difficult -- everything I've used seems to be a shade darker. :/
Old 09-02-2015, 01:27 AM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2015 Magnetic Titanium Hatchback

Points 2,071, Level 27
Points: 2,071, Level: 27 Points: 2,071, Level: 27 Points: 2,071, Level: 27
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 6 scott7278 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The Ruby Red should, in theory, be easier to touch up than the color it replaced - 2012's Red Candy Metallic Tricoat. I highly recommend Dr. ColorChip for chips and nicks.

My old 2012 got a lot of chips early on, but the paint hardened well within time. This was an aberration, I'm sure, because others reported better initial paint quality than I was experiencing.

You shouldn't have any problems with the 2015 (mine is Magnetic). The paint is much better than my 2012 - 4000 miles now without any visible chips.

As far as tricks, it's hard to say. You need to experiment with different brands of gas, as well as grade. No matter what you do, someone will have a different opinion.

I run Shell 93, while others think BP is better. Some choose Costco, or QT, or Philipps 66, or any of the other countless brands that are out there. Some say anything other than 87 is a waste of money, while others talk about detergents in the higher grades - which leads to discussions about marketing.

A few easy mods people do here are the snorkel delete and a drop-in filter, such as K&N. Both serve to get a little more air to the engine.

The first thing I did was change the puddle lamp and hatch light interior bulbs to LED from superbrightleds.com...the difference is incredible.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:54 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29983
What I Drive: 15 Ruby Red SE,Blk Pkg,SE+,Lux Pkg

Points 999, Level 16
Points: 999, Level: 16 Points: 999, Level: 16 Points: 999, Level: 16
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 surgeo1919 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott7278 View Post
The Ruby Red should, in theory, be easier to touch up than the color it replaced - 2012's Red Candy Metallic Tricoat. I highly recommend Dr. ColorChip for chips and nicks.

My old 2012 got a lot of chips early on, but the paint hardened well within time. This was an aberration, I'm sure, because others reported better initial paint quality than I was experiencing.

You shouldn't have any problems with the 2015 (mine is Magnetic). The paint is much better than my 2012 - 4000 miles now without any visible chips.

As far as tricks, it's hard to say. You need to experiment with different brands of gas, as well as grade. No matter what you do, someone will have a different opinion.

I run Shell 93, while others think BP is better. Some choose Costco, or QT, or Philipps 66, or any of the other countless brands that are out there. Some say anything other than 87 is a waste of money, while others talk about detergents in the higher grades - which leads to discussions about marketing.

A few easy mods people do here are the snorkel delete and a drop-in filter, such as K&N. Both serve to get a little more air to the engine.

The first thing I did was change the puddle lamp and hatch light interior bulbs to LED from superbrightleds.com...the difference is incredible.

Thanks for the your input.

I plan on only filling up at Shell V Power like I do now. I like the 0% ethanol content.

I'm getting the windows tinted and I'll probably put a 3M film on the front of the hood by the same guy.

I usually use Nufinish yearly and I'll be getting the car rustproofed at Krown.

I also got weathertech floor liners.

Hungarians don't follow the rules. We make our own.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:33 AM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 217130
What I Drive: '10 Focus

Points 51, Level 1
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 2 maxmir22 Good Standing Member
If you're planning to put clear bra, I suggest Xpel or Suntek.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:24 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 212897
What I Drive: 2015 Silver SE

Points 216, Level 4
Points: 216, Level: 4 Points: 216, Level: 4 Points: 216, Level: 4
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 Alente Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott7278 View Post

Puddles are the foot lights right? And what size bulbs did you use?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.