Need Some Advice, Please. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2004, 06:32 PM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Unhappy Need Some Advice, Please.

Well I know this should be posted in SVT, but I really would like everyone's opinion on this.

Some of you already know that my SVTF has had well a lot of service time. Today we decided to get out go to Walmart, needed a few thing. You all know how that goes. I've been sick and since school did not start back till today the SVTF has not be driven in like 4 days. This morning was the usual grind, it was cold so we crank her up let it warm a little, then took our daughter to school. No problems, none.

This afternoon same thing, crank her up let it warm a little, load up to go out. Everything is fine, about a block down the road I look in my rear view mirror. Hmmmm, that looks like smoke coming out from under our car. So okay I'm like "Hun, is that just me or is that smoke, a lot of smoke coming from our car?" Hubby looks and yell's pull over, okay off the road I go once we stop, we get smoked right out of our car. It just pours in from everywhere.

*Cough* *Cough* *Gag* Pull the hood up and once the smoke clears, we notice oil everywhere, running down from the front of the block. Running all down the front, right on the header and down to a puddle under the car. Well call dealer, they call tow truck. Get to dealer, Hubby is very, very upset and very angry at this time.

Long story short, Hubby is giving the car back to Ford, Lemon Law and done been exceded with the amount of shop time we have had. Our dealer is wanting to work out something with us, looking at finding a way to get us into something else. We are looking at a Mustang GT, I picked out the one I wanted and they are going to call us in the morning. Dont know what is wrong with the SVTF, but it dont look so good, according to them. I dont even know what has happen, I got no warning, no CEL, no oil pressure is low light.....Nothing.

This is where I'm asking you all, what do you think happen, should I get something else? I love my SVTF, but I really would like something that was not in the shop all the time. I just dont know what to do. What would you do if this was your car?

I mean my hubby is like anyone else would have done gave the car back. What do you all think?

Sorry this post is sooo long, I just wanted to get it off my chest and ask for some advice and help. If I get a stang will I have to leave the FF Forums?

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2004, 07:02 PM   #2
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

Points 37,070, Level 100
Points: 37,070, Level: 100 Points: 37,070, Level: 100 Points: 37,070, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
damn that sucks ass...I'm sorry...I'd get another svtf...I mean if you want a diff style go for the stang but if you like the focus stick with it...it is a lemon, not all are lemons :) just get what you want :)
Old 01-07-2004, 07:05 PM   #3

Fan#: 473
What I Drive: El Huevo Negro

FF Reputation: 1 BlkZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Even if you get a stang you don't have to leave...Liquid went and bought that evil Cavy and she's still here.

Besides, a Stang GT is a much sweeter ride.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:07 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 81
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid grey ZX3, 95 240SX SE

FF Reputation: 1 ZETEC3 Good Standing Member
I'd go with the mustang on this one, its a faster car and can easily be A LOT faster than the focus ever could be with the zetec. But if youve got a kid(s) I dont think it would be the best choice cuz theres almost no room in the backseat.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:38 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Thanks guys for replying, I really do mean that. The dealer did not have another SVTF ZX5, my hubby has a sour taste concerning one anyway. So I dont think another Focus is in the picture. I really like the Mustang and with the New one coming out they are really wanting to make a deal on the left over 03's. I picked out a Black, manual, leather and all the works.

Getting the kids in and out, well I'm used to that, nothing new or old to that. Compared to the Focus the Mustang dont really lack that much room. I just dont know what to do, I'll know more tommorrow, I'll let you all know what kind of deal they work out and what is wrong with my beloved SVTF.

Thanks again for the support and help, you all are the best..

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 01-07-2004, 07:41 PM   #6

Fan#: 192
What I Drive: 02 Focus ZTS, 02 Escape V6, 80 Turbo T/A

FF Reputation: 1 Sublime Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Gota agree with BLKZX3 on this.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:43 PM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12
What I Drive: OLD: '00 Black ZX3, New: Pontiac G6

FF Reputation: 1 hotfocus Good Standing Member
Sorry to hear and keep us posted. Either way you are part of our family now so you can't leave.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:51 PM   #8

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Huh, that sucks. Maybe the valve/cam cover worked it's way loose? But yeah, if you drove it too long without oil (or without much oil, anyway), that's not good. Just a thought, but if your husband is soured on the Focus, why even get another Ford? Maybe it's time to cut your losses and move to something else entirely. If you get a Mustang I hope it lasts longer than your Focus...
Old 01-07-2004, 08:00 PM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1213
What I Drive: silver 01 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 drewzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I'd get a pzev if I was going to get another focus.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:32 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Well I dont think it would be fair to punish all the Fords for my problems with our SVTF. The Dealer is really trying to work something out other than us going through Arbitration, or the Dispute Settlement Board. Its really going to depend upon what happens and what kind of deal they come up with. If I did want something else, I dont even know what I'll look at.

SVT4ME you may just be right, my husband is very, very upset and has a real sour attitude right now concerning Ford. But he is willing to hear them out and see what is offered. This is like the straw that broke the camels back if you know what I mean. I dont know how this is going to turn out.

Thanks HotFocus, that means a lot to me. Also Thanks again you all for the advice, I really so need it right now.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.