let's make it better, together! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2004, 02:23 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2215
What I Drive: '03 Black LX - power nuthin'

FF Reputation: 1 cathleen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Talking let's make it better, together!

I've got an '03 Black Clearcoat LX. I bought it used and have owned for 3 months.

It has: Auto, A/C and the factory AM/FM Cassette. (Ford, how dumb are you? No one buys cassettes anymore!)

Power nuthin'. Nope, no power windows or locks and that damn cheap delay switch on the wiper.

So, here it is, fellow fanatics: give me your best suggestions for simple mods to make this a nicer car.

Oh, and some things to keep in mind:

I do not need a super fast car.
I am not into the bling bling look.
I do not drive around town thumping the bass.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2004, 02:34 PM   #2
Project All Motor

Fan#: 1114
What I Drive: 2000 Sedan SE with Zetec engine

FF Reputation: 1 ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Well If I was you, I'd get myself a cat-back exhaust. Improve the sound of your car and add a little performance. If you're not on a tight budget, you could pick up some rims, I'd go with some 17's. Check out these sites.

www.tirerack.com
www.tires.com
www.myfordperformance.com
www.newedgeperformance.com
www.mcnewsautomotive.com
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2004, 02:36 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Hi and ! I don't know about your tinting laws, but I'd definitely tint a black car, they look so nice. Also, you could look into getting a head unit for your car with a CD player, maybe MP3 capability if you have a CD burner at home? There are tons of littler mods too, like shorty antennas, some interior paint, exhaust tip, tinted grilles.... hope you find something you like to make your car "yours" and something special.

Edit: agreed, Allmotor, rims can make a drastic difference if you get a set you like.

Last edited by Lil PZEV; 01-05-2004 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:37 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Exhaust, it was my first mod....

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 01-05-2004, 03:33 PM   #5
It's been fun.......

Fan#: 1409
What I Drive: Boosted ZX5 ATX - 179WHP/158TQ

FF Reputation: 2 Focusedat50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
What kind of budget? I agree with Lil Pzev tint first if it's not already done. You said you don't want a super fast car so does that mean you are more for show? If that is the case then probably wheels/rims, halo projectors, etc. and plenty of other choices for the interior. Cat-back exhaust and many of the other bolt-ons are more in the direction of trying to obtain more "go" which maybe you'll want to have as a phase two once you get your car looking like "you".
Old 01-05-2004, 03:50 PM   #6
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2215
What I Drive: '03 Black LX - power nuthin'

FF Reputation: 1 cathleen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Mm... maybe need a little more direction. A little bit of a boost in performance would be nice, but then I am looking more for comfort and enjoyment items.

I'm getting a remot start installed in a couple weeks, so I can avoid scraping snow and ice.
A replacement stereo is probably next on my list and a shorty antenna. (I think the big long floppy one is just silly looking!)
Old 01-05-2004, 03:58 PM   #7
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe

Fan#: 2179
What I Drive: 2009 Octane Blue Pearl Lancer GTS

FF Reputation: 6 CrazyMatt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
To properly enjoy your music, I suggest going with a unit in the 200 to 399 range... maybe with MP3 capability. See how it sounds with the stock system, and then decide if you want to replace the speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
^Slow your roll Dirk Diggler or you're going to have be back in the hospital with broken nuts!
Old 01-05-2004, 04:30 PM   #8
It's been fun.......

Fan#: 1409
What I Drive: Boosted ZX5 ATX - 179WHP/158TQ

FF Reputation: 2 Focusedat50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
I would still keep the tint on the list, it really does make the car look nice and on your black one, very nice.

That is of course providing it hasn't already been done
Old 01-05-2004, 04:34 PM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1594
What I Drive: 2000 Focus Sony Edition

FF Reputation: 1 00focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
get the projector headlights their great... check on ebay for k2motors.. they are cheap

jt evo 5front and rear, evo fogs, evo-5 exhaust, ww side skirts, halo hl, 17"rev model 12 rims(black) with dunlop sport fm 901 rubber,easystreet air ride suspension with ride pro digital management,debadged, dvd with 7.2" monitors, fc antenna, euro grille
-BoB-
Old 01-05-2004, 04:39 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2015
What I Drive: '05 Toyo Matrix Black Sand Pearl --used to drive '03 ZX5 eggyolk yellow

FF Reputation: 1 YELLOW BIRD Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
and enjoy ur new focus....as for mods, I would go with the tinting first, just got my shorty antenna and love it (got it from ebay) I also bought a sticker for the 3rd brake light that says focus and I really like that (if ordering from ebay get the one from focused grafix --think his seller name is joefriday2) I put new seat covers and floor mats and because I wasn't looking for power/performance, I got a chrome exhaust tip (bought tip and had it welded on for about $40) all my mods are fairly cheap but I love them and they truly make the car mine...Good luck with ur fun venture of "dressing up" ur focus

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.