i think ford tried to kill me! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
DTF

Fan#: 13164
What I Drive: 04 Neon SRT-4, '96 Eagle Talon

FF Reputation: 6 gump1114 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
i think ford tried to kill me!

ok so heres what happened.... thursday i took my car into the dealership to have the fuel pump replaced under the recall... i didnt really have problems with it but did it since right now i have something else i can drive while the dealership has the car. and i figured to be nice to the mechanic i made sure there wasnt much gas in the car when i took it in. the service manager calls me thursday afternoon to let me know the part didnt come in and they would need to have the car till friday. no big deal. friday comes around and i was called around noon and was told i could pick up my car. so i did, thinking everything was fixed and right. well....saturday comes around and about 4:00 i got gas.... when i came out of the gas station i noticed a large puddle under the rear of the car..... i thought hmm wonder what that is. so i stuck my finger in it and then smelt it and sure enough it was gas. i looked under the car and could see it was dripping from the middle of the car. i immediatly knew it was something wrong with what the dealership had done. and although i probably shouldnt have i drove the car straight to the dealership. the service department was already closed but the manager on duty let me pull the car into the bay doors to have the service department look at it on monday.... needless to say i was pretty steamed. not only was i going to have to be without my car even longer there was wasted gas all down the road that i had just paid for. i guess im lucky i noticed the problem when i did and didnt let it go for a while and wonder why my gas mileage would suddenly suck, and its a good thing nothing caught fire.... and today i get a call telling me my car is ready...again. appearently the o-ring on top of the fuel tank "didnt seat right". now when i left my car at the dealership the fuel gauge still read full but when i went to pick it up it was right at half.... surprisingly i was able to talk the service manager into filling up my tank since it was their fault in the first place. but all seems to be well now... i hope. we will see. sorry the story is so long, im still somewhat mad.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2005, 08:32 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 978
What I Drive: '01 ZX3 Cloud-9

FF Reputation: 1 FociFreak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Damn that sucks, could have been a lot worse though....
Old 05-16-2005, 11:52 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17177
What I Drive: 2000 Sonic Blue ZX3, 1993 Civic B16A swap

FF Reputation: 1 dispense05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
thats some crazy sha-bong.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:21 AM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
sounds like the dealer treated you good. Sure it sucked some, but people make mistakes now and then. Remember you do to. So cut them some slack. They treated you right.
ST crew #18
Old 05-17-2005, 09:19 AM   #5
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

Points 37,662, Level 100
Points: 37,662, Level: 100 Points: 37,662, Level: 100 Points: 37,662, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
haha at least they bought you the gas and stuff...and did they try to kill you? Hopefully not on purpose ;) naw man shit my dealer woulda been like so you gave it to us like that cause their gay....be happy :D

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.