test driving a focus - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2005, 09:31 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 22890
FF Reputation: 1 thinkingabout1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
test driving a focus

Hello, I am new to here. I am currently test driving a focus ses til Monday the 9th. I was hoping to get some honest feedbacks from the members. Are you happy with it? Are there alot of aftermarket accessories for these? The resell value on the focus? Insurance? Any problems? I would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2005, 09:42 AM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 18366
What I Drive: 04 cd silver svt

FF Reputation: 1 texassvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Talking focus

i have only had mine now 5months and love it. mine is the SVT, not sure which one you are driving, also that makes a big difference between the standard and SVT models. but as far as problems go, depends on what year etc.. there quite alot of aftermarket support for these cars, just about anything you could want including turbos, superchargers. do a search and you come up with alot of things to read about.

mods: modified exhaust
wayne's tune Xcal1 unit
MSD coil & wires copper plugs, RT cat, FR STS
VF rear trans mount
redline mats, viper alarm, tyc tails
kyowa 17" gunmetal rims with BFG KDW's hoen hid match foglight bulbs
SVT SQUAD #117
Old 05-08-2005, 10:11 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 22729
What I Drive: 2005 CD Silver ST

Points 2,415, Level 29
Points: 2,415, Level: 29 Points: 2,415, Level: 29 Points: 2,415, Level: 29
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 paulhaskew Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I love my current 2001 focus... getting another today... hope that helps ya out... :)
Motive Racing - [> = my friend!
Old 05-08-2005, 10:44 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4943
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5 (2.3L)

FF Reputation: 1 wickedzx5 Good Standing Member
insurance wise im not the best person to get an opinion from but if it means anything, im paying $5400 a YEAR on my focus and this is my second one i think that speaks volumes about how much i love this car. even tho the insurance is high, i would rather pay that extra money for this car because i love it so much than be driving somethin else. mine is a 2003 zx5 with the 2.3L engine. since you said you are driving an SES (which my mom has a 5 door blazing copper one of) then that means you have the 2.0 duratec engine. its still a nice engine but if you want more performance then go with the ST. then again thats only in the sedan now and i personally dont like the sedan but thats just me. another thing is, resale value isnt that great on these cars because there are just so many of them. i got an AMAZING deal on my car over a year ago (2003, power everything, 4000 miles....$9500 cash) and i could TRADE IT IN and still get almost that much now. but im one of the lucky ones. others take huge losses when they buy the car but i think that all evens out in the end because these cars are such a great deal for the money. well i guess ive said enough but one last thing. as i said before, my mom has a 2005 SES 5 door with EVERY option possible. she said it is by far the best vehicle she has ever owned and thats including a 2004 bonneville and 2003 crown vic. im sure if you make this purchase you will be more than happy! good luck

(btw...sorry for the long post. im at work with nothing to do )
Old 05-08-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 22628
What I Drive: 02 Mustang GT & 05 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Nightrider-05SE Good Standing Member
I just picked up my 05 Focus SES on thursday...been driving it for 4 days and love the car... I originally was going to get a SE model but glad i upgraded.....

Mods Performance:
KB - Subframe Connectors & K-Mem Brace
Steeda - 4130 Strut Tower Brace, Tri-AX, CAI, Aluminum LCA's & UCA's
FRPP - Mustang Handling Kit (aka Bulllitt susp.), 3.73 Gears, Cat-Back SS Exhaust
MRT- H-Pipe (catted)
18" Deep dish Bullitt wheel
Toyo T1-R tires

Mods Apperance:
FFRP - Racing Pedels
Bullitt - Shifter Bezel, Knob & Fuel Door
Mach 1 - Grille Delete & Chin Spoiler
Ford - Pony Scuff Plates
MGW - Billet HVAC & Head Light Knob
Beater car:
2005 Ford Focus ZX3
Old 05-08-2005, 11:20 AM   #6
I don't care

Fan#: 19367
What I Drive: '99 Saab 9-3

Points 7,129, Level 55
Points: 7,129, Level: 55 Points: 7,129, Level: 55 Points: 7,129, Level: 55
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 13 ZX4STDoug Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I love my ST, tried both it and a ZX3 SES manual. I went with the ST due to its firmer ride and handling, a bit more go power, and lower insurance costs, though I like the hatchback (either 3 or 5 door) looks better. Either way, I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase. The reliability of the Focus line in general has greatly improved, but like most cars that are sold in such high quantity (with very few exceptions) the resale is poor, but as long as you know that going in, and don't expect resale value miracles, it's a great car. Good luck !
Old 05-08-2005, 01:30 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21789
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 EGGO Good Standing Member
Great cars, even on stock. I think I just told someone this before but since people went with the pros, I'll start to tell you the cons.

No flashlight in glovebox (a few times I needed that)
Low resell value
Europeans have the better model, will it come to the US? Who knows if and when that happens
Old 05-08-2005, 05:42 PM   #8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 22890
FF Reputation: 1 thinkingabout1 Good Standing Member
I do want to thank you all for replying. The one I am driving now is a 2005 3 door. It does have alot of power, but I was concerned with reliablitly. It seems everyone who replied is very happy with theirs. I just don't know about the bar in my lower back though. I might still have to adjust the seat to get that right. But I do appreciate everyones replies and now I am going to check out some hooked up Focus's on here. Thank you again.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:17 PM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2278
What I Drive: 2001 Infra-Red 5sp ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 tension001 Good Standing Member
Ill add in my opinions. I've had mine for about a year. I've put a lot of money into mods, around 2000 so far. So far i've only lost two a couple of cars at the strip and street. The car handles very well stock. I love mine, its a pretty quick little car. However, recently, i pushed it too far and ended up on my drivers side door with a totaled focus. The car now sits in my basement, almost put back together and ready to drive again. It will live again :) hah hope i helped maybe a little bit. I love my focus, its an excellent car for the 4000 i paid in the beginning to drive it off the lot.

OBX 4-2-1 Race Header; Borla 2.5" SVT Catback; MAC Short Ram; FC 65mm TB; FC Race Shifter; Gear Concepts Aluminum Pedals; Painted Interior; SVT Front Bumper and grille
Old 05-08-2005, 07:06 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20699
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White Focus ST

Points 3,164, Level 34
Points: 3,164, Level: 34 Points: 3,164, Level: 34 Points: 3,164, Level: 34
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 11 hEaT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by thinkingabout1
I do want to thank you all for replying. The one I am driving now is a 2005 3 door. It does have alot of power, but I was concerned with reliablitly. It seems everyone who replied is very happy with theirs. I just don't know about the bar in my lower back though. I might still have to adjust the seat to get that right. But I do appreciate everyones replies and now I am going to check out some hooked up Focus's on here. Thank you again.
I believe you can adjust the lumbar support with a handle that turns under the seat. That makes a huge difference in the way the seat feels.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.