anyone with rain problem? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2003, 03:03 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1500
FF Reputation: 3 teddyrob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
anyone with rain problem?

i forgot to post this cause im so thrilled with my new car but let me tell you what happened to my old one. it was a 02 zx3 that i bought new and it was never in any accident. i kept it perfect if a little dirty. well it took a few days for my new car deal to happen, and by coincidence?? on the day i was going to drive there and make the deal it was raining really bad. it was a bad storm but nothing i or the car hadnt seen before. well when i got in i was shocked to see the passenger side floor all wet, as if someone had been sitting there with wet feet, but no one had. i tracked it down and felt a drip-drip coming just under the dash, on the right side right up where the pass. floor meets the transmission hump. i think it was coming from the windshield area but the whole dash was ok. i was very disappointed. i mean i only thought gm's leak like this? i was 90% set on the new car deal and i guess i took this as a sign to just do it. but i still wonder why??? anyone else have this problem?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2003, 07:50 AM   #2
NY's Most Wanted

Fan#: 102
What I Drive: DUH!

FF Reputation: 5 gthang Good Standing Member
Yep, this is a fairly common problem, not sure on 2003's and on. The windshield cowl cover has a bad seal, and water will collect underneath the cowl cover until it overflows, then drips onto the passenger floor. One time my dad vacuumed out over a gallon of the clear liquid. geez. Anyway, since the problem was on your old car, take the hint that it might happen with your new one, and have the dealer seal it befor the next rain.

Take care.

Gthang
Old 11-14-2003, 09:46 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 391
What I Drive: Silver 2003 Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 slvrfocus03 Good Standing Member
I have an 03 and I had the same problem except it wasn't rain. When I first took it in, i told them the situation and what I thought it was. I mentioned that it was coming from the a/c. They didn't listen and replaced the cowl cover and gunked it up w/ caulk. I picked it up and had it back two days. Knowing it wasn't fixed when I got it back. I was detailing it and the passenger floor was soaked ten times the amount it was before and it hasn't rained any. My bro so happened to be intown that day, and we tested it. Started the car, and ran the a/c for good 5 min. Found it dripping from the evaporator case underneath the dash. So of course took it back and told them that I tested and it found where it was coming from. So took it back in the first of the next week and they had it almost the whole week. At first they told me all they did is caulk up some places in the firewall that they thought were causing leaking. I went crazy knowing that wasn't the problem and had my bro call up there cause he's good w/ dealing w/ things like that. So after he called, they finally realized it was the evaporator case and replaced it. Of course they damaged my dash and alot of other things in the process and even the new cowl grill cover they replaced once already. So threw a fit over that and had a whole new dash put in, another new cowl grill cover, and a few other pieces like door trim and stuff, sorry . That was the only problem I ever had w/ it and hope it will be the last. I've heard of a few 03's being like that, but not a real common problem, but I have also heard about the cowl grill cover leaking and even saw a bulletin on it.
Current Mods: Tint/Darker Tint on rear windows and tint stripe on windshiled, Focus Fanatics.com decals on both rear windows, changed out base wiper switch w/ 6-speed intermitent wiper switch, Blue M&M (named B.J.) mounted in back seat all buckled in, 10"Pioneer sub w/ 240w Pioneer amp, xm satellite, clear corner lens, Focus third brake light sticker, Replaced stock antenna w/ a 6" aluminum antenna

Last edited by slvrfocus03; 11-14-2003 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:59 AM   #4
OMGVTAK!

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 189,089, Level 100
Points: 189,089, Level: 100 Points: 189,089, Level: 100 Points: 189,089, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Nope. I've never had water leak yet. I've just heard it was on the 2000's.
I thought that Ford had taken care of this.
I have an '03 and I'll be sure to watch.

If you have a theme idea for Ride of the Month or any other suggestions, please feel free to PM me!
Old 11-14-2003, 02:48 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1213
What I Drive: silver 01 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 drewzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I got that leak I gotta get that ***** fixed.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:36 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
My sister has a 2002 ZX3, had the same problem.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 11-14-2003, 09:21 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73
What I Drive: 02 Cloud9 ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 oracleguy Good Standing Member
I haven't had that problem. *knock on wood*

I also have heard of that problem on '00s.
02 Cloud9 ZTS - Windows tinted, Volant Cold Air Intake, FC 65mm Throttle Body, Phoenix Gold speakers, clear corner lenses, fog light mod, 2.25in Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Redline Tuning hood quick lift kit.

SVT Upper Front Grill and Euro lower grill is up next.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:01 AM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1213
What I Drive: silver 01 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 drewzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
how do I fix it? take to the dealer?
Old 11-15-2003, 09:34 AM   #9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 962
What I Drive: 2003 rental white SE

FF Reputation: 1 celronart Good Standing Member
Unhappy Driver is Leaking

Hi, my '03 SE just sprung a leak on the Driver Side. The carpet got soaked front to back only on the driver side during a rainy trip. If the AC Evap is on the passenger side, that would rule out a leak coming from the AC.Is it best to let the dealer service track it down? I would caulk the troublespots,if I knew exactly where to find them. Any clues would be appreciated.Thanks.
Ron
Old 11-15-2003, 11:28 AM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1500
FF Reputation: 3 teddyrob Good Standing Member
my dealer was going to have the bodyshop look at it until i sealed my new car deal. i guess its their problem now? im pretty sure they didnt even look at it when they retailed it. i hope my 03 dont leak but im not going to do anything until it does. im certainly not going to bring it to the bodyshop and let some kid screw it all up. slvrfocus what they did to your car was not off topic at all, thats very important. who here isnt concerned about their car inside and out? i have seen too many half ass 'fixes' in my time and dont want my 3 week old car messed up yet. i remember one time i saw this big guy in service lift a car door up with his shoulder to realign the door! i will take my chances that ford did this one right.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.