Jason is my compation?????? NOW NOW! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2004, 09:38 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 15071
What I Drive: 02 ford focus SVT SALEEN

FF Reputation: 1 svt dean Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Jason is my compation?????? NOW NOW!

2002 Ford Focus SVT Saleen
Production #: 2685
Saleen kit S/N#: 0061
Owned by: Dean W. Ellis

First off, this will be the only Focus you will see like this in Canada.

The car was bought in January of 2003 and has never been the same since.

The 1st transformation was the install of a Saleen body kit, with a serial number 0061. After the paint and install of the Saleen kit, it needs some shoes to fill the wheel well gap. So a set of 19 inch Team Dynamic “K2” with BFG “KDW G-Force 215-35 R19 were shoe horned on. With the SVT’s over sized 12” 2 piston slotted discs upfront and 10.5” single piston slotted discs out back fill the void in the middle of the 19” K2’s. To help with the stance and to get the rubber tucked in to the wheel wells, a set of Eibach sport lines, witch gives the Focus the look it deserved. Now it was time for some UK goodies. FedEx collected quite a few air miles. A set of UK Focus “RS” headlights now help me to see at night. I sent FedEx back to the UK to pick the “RS” chrome grill to finish off the UKDM look. With the chrome RS grill up front I needed some chrome out back to match. So I added a chrome hatch strip. (The bling factor has now gone up) To add the finishing touch’s on the out side, Noize Boyz added a little flair of their own, by installing custom a dual center stainless steal exhaust. To add to the bling factor the factory paint was wet sanded and a 5 stage polish job made it shine like a pair of chrome 24’s. All thanks to the best auto detailer in Canada, Todd H. Wirtz owner of The AUTO SPA. The Auto Spa all ways makes sure that the car is looking as sexxy as a collage cheerleader on prom night. (Show quality)

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2004, 09:39 PM   #2
Focus Rookie

Con't

With 170 horse’s from factory may be sufficient for stock, it didn’t match up with the out side. Since I had all the show now it’s time for the go. It was hard to find a starting point on this car. So a K&N Typhoon short ram was added. Now it’s breathing, I needed to add some juice. This came in form of (once again FedEx back for the UK) a costhworth head with minor work was bolted up. To top it off is a SVT polished valve cover. To match the flow of the head the fuel rail was enlarged with a modified SHM billet fuel rail, and to add some color, a set of Accel 36 lb/hr yellow top injectors. To watch the pressure that’s running thought the newly upgraded SVT Contour fuel pump, is an Auto Meter liquid filled fuel pressure gauge. All that fuel needs a friend, so a 15 shot of laughing gas was brought in to the scenario. With leaving the stock adjustable intake cam gear in tacked, the exhaust was replaced with a Fidanza adjustable cam gear. Steeda has had their hands involved with the build up as well, with the install of a 2 piece under drive pulley kit. Not much left to do, but if they build it and it produces HP then it will come. After running a few test runs on a mustang dyno (just for fun) the car produces 215 whp and 178 ft lb.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:40 PM   #3
Focus Rookie

Con't

Since I drive this thing every day, and enjoy driving the interior needed some work as well. Where should I start?
One cold night at Altered Sound in Oakville Ed (the owner) Brian (one of the best installers I know) and I, were joking around after installing a 7” monitor in a new BMW.
“What a small monitor! If I ever put one in my car it will be plasma.” With Ed and Brian laughing at me, the dream came alive. 6 months later and a shit load of planning and thinking (blood, sweet and four letter words), my dash was born. A 15 inch View Sonic LCD monitor was mated with the modified stock SVT Focus dash. Finished in PPG gloss black, with PS2 controls molded in the location where my passenger air bag resided. The Clarion PRO-AUDIO DXZ645MP moved into the glove box. Fulfilling the duties of controlling the PRO-AUDIO DHV940 (sitting in the box waiting to be installed) and audio from the Playstaion 2. The head unit powers 5 Canton speakers including the Canton co-axel 4” center channel, witch is also molded into the dash.
After winning 3rd place at “Import Fest Toronto” for BADDEST MULTI MEDIA. The next interior mod will be finishing the install of a certified DTS, THX and DOBIE DIGITAL sound system by ALTERED SOUND.

Not bad for an every day driver that wins 90% of shows I enter. The list of shows won with this car is as follows:

1st Import Fest BADDEST FOCUS
3rd Import Fest BADDEST MULTI MEDIA
1st Scrape by the Lake FOCUS CLASS 2003
1st Scrape by the Lake FOCUS CLASS 2004
1st Sport Compact Invasion SWEETEST OTHER (competed against other domestics)
1st Compact Dreams FOCUS WILD
1st Car Fest DOMESTIC OTHER (competed against other domestics)
2nd Northern Showdown FOCUS CLASS

Plus several 1st places at local shows

Shouts out to Todd at The Auto Spa
Ed and Brian at Altered Sounds
and the boys and girls at the shows

Plus note the pictures that are attached.

Thanks
Dean W. Ellis

“WATCH OUT FOR THE PURGE AT THE LIGHTS”
Old 11-17-2004, 09:41 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10647
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-Red ZX3 5SP Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Kamui Good Standing Member
for the awards
Old 11-17-2004, 09:50 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5731
What I Drive: 2000 blue zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Cruzn2aFSTfocus Good Standing Member
I need pics.

STOP=Squeel tires on pavement
No cop No stop
Old 11-17-2004, 10:16 PM   #6
Focus Rookie

trying to upload now
can i email them or msm them to you and have you upload
Old 11-17-2004, 11:18 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9731
What I Drive: 2003 Piranha (OS2i4)

FF Reputation: 1 OSSO002 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
ooo I wanna see :)
Old 11-18-2004, 12:28 PM   #8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 7352
What I Drive: 2001 BLACK ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ROB221 Good Standing Member
Come on man, lets see it
Old 11-18-2004, 12:52 PM   #9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1196
What I Drive: 2001 Sangria Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 scoobasteve Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Personally Im a fan of ZX3TUNR's car... Euro > Saleen
Old 11-18-2004, 12:54 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2441
What I Drive: 2003 SVT CD Silver ZX5(TotalledOff)

FF Reputation: 1 SVTZX503 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Let us see this bad ass Canadian Focus.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.