Drive Your Way to the Summer X Games with Ford Focus ST Challenge - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
Administrator

Fan#: 41389
Points 45,208, Level 100
Points: 45,208, Level: 100 Points: 45,208, Level: 100 Points: 45,208, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 4 FFTeam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Drive Your Way to the Summer X Games with Ford Focus ST Challenge

-Ford is giving consumers a shot at winning a trip to the ESPN summer X Games through its Focus ST Challenge, which will pit auto show visitors’ lap times on the Focus ST simulator against others

-The challenge will take times from multiple auto show stops throughout the U.S. to determine the driver with the fastest lap time. Consumers can follow the challenge on the Focus Facebook page, where all of the leaderboards will be posted

-All-new Ford Focus ST brings the Sport Technologies badge to customers worldwide for the first time – offering that blend of refinement, performance and daily practicality for which ST is renowned

CHICAGO, Feb. 9, 2012 – Ford Motor Company is giving fans of the new Focus ST a chance to put the upcoming high-performance hatchback to the test virtually and before it goes on sale in a competition that will send the winning driver to the ESPN summer X Games.

The competition puts drivers into the seat of a Focus ST driving simulator at auto shows across the country. The participant with the fastest lap time will win a host of awards, including an invite to the ESPN summer X Games for a meet-and-greet with drivers of Ford’s Octane Academy. Additional prizes also will be awarded to top times on a regional basis.

“This is the perfect way to generate awareness for our ST brand since we know our enthusiast customers love gaming,” said Lisa Schoder, ST Marketing manager. “The Focus ST simulator is tuned with the specs from the actual car, so people can get a true feel for the dynamics of ST performance.”

The challenge will live on the Focus Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/fordfocus, where a leaderboard will be posted from each show the challenge visits. When the challenge wraps in May, the best times from each show will be entered into an overall sweepstakes to determine the grand prize winner.

The Focus ST simulator is part of Ford’s interactive auto show display, and is designed to emulate driving the all-new Focus ST. Complete with seats, screens, a steering wheel and pedals, the hydraulic system moves up and down and tilts front to back for a virtual driving experience.

New level of global performance
The Focus ST is Ford’s first truly global performance car, building on the heritage of previous Ford ST models in Europe and giving drivers around the world the opportunity to share the exhilarating performance, excellent handling, addictive sound and sporty design Ford’s ST badge represents.

The five-door Focus ST delivers the same driving attributes that make all Ford ST models stand out. The chassis, engine, sound and comfort of the car are tuned to deliver a truly sporty experience combined with a high level of refinement. These same attributes will form the genetic code for future models bearing the Sport Technologies badge.

Focus ST is powered by a performance version of the 2.0-liter Ford EcoBoostŪ engine, which offers an uncompromising mix of sportiness and efficiency. Ford’s lightweight, all-aluminum EcoBoost engines provide the power of a larger engine in a fuel-efficient smaller displacement.

Text Source: Ford Media

Check Out FocusRSClub.com
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91904
What I Drive: 1997 Nissan Maxima

FF Reputation: 1 Optimus Good Standing Member
Has anyone tried this simulator at one of the previous auto shows? Is it just a glorified version of Forza for Xbox?
Old 02-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Quarter Tank Racer

Fan#: 68054
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

Points 3,455, Level 36
Points: 3,455, Level: 36 Points: 3,455, Level: 36 Points: 3,455, Level: 36
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 7 Malibooya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
If the physics are done by SimBin, this is gonna be serious stuff!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46763
What I Drive: 2002 Blue Focus SVT

Points 3,537, Level 37
Points: 3,537, Level: 37 Points: 3,537, Level: 37 Points: 3,537, Level: 37
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 thehubster Good Standing Member
This sounds like an awesome thing!! i would love to give it a try!!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
Nope, Chuck Testa

Fan#: 22758
What I Drive: '14 TB ST3, '04 Silver SVT

Points 15,640, Level 80
Points: 15,640, Level: 80 Points: 15,640, Level: 80 Points: 15,640, Level: 80
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 17 BLRich1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
if its anything like the fiesta simulator at the Detroit international auto show the whole seat and monitors move as you drive. It was a blast. In that challenge I got the 5th fastest time that day in my only try.

Good luck to anyone who is close to an event!
'04 CD Silver SVT, #877, 1 of 135 May 2011 ROTM, FF11: Best Display, Best of Show; AFN12: Best SVT, Best Audio, Finest Five, Carlisle Nifty Fifty
Old 02-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81461
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTI

Points 1,029, Level 17
Points: 1,029, Level: 17 Points: 1,029, Level: 17 Points: 1,029, Level: 17
Level Up 29% Completed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 DarkSpork Good Standing Member
If I were close enough to an auto show I'd be happy just to get to play with the simulator. I don't think I'd post any fast times. I remember when I was a little kid there was something similar with a Corvette somewhere in San Francisco; I thought it was the coolest thing ever(and probably still would). Virtually racing a car sounds awesome because there's no real consequences attached to messing up.

I'm curious though as to how feedback for the clutch would work. I remember a Dave and Busters arcade having a Ferrari Game that wasn't as real as the Corvette simulator I described, but offered a clutch and 6 speed with a H pattern. It was nearly impossible to get launching right as the clutch pedal offers no feedback.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.