My experience with FCS - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87878
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 MGbox Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My experience with FCS

On July 18th I made up my mind and put through an order for a 2012 focus titanium, ford credit approved and my order was accepted immediately. The long 6-8 week wait had started :) I instructed my dealer to please pass along ANY information relating to my car as it would help ease my wait, she assured me I would be the first to know.

August 8th I received my VIN from Natasha (FordCustomerService on this site). Rather excited I started checking for my window sticker multiple times a day, and I began to wonder how far behind my dealer would be in getting my VIN to me. Eventually I had to stop and ask her, since it had already been available for some time already, why she hadn't sent me an email or an update. (Even if it was just with information I already knew)

She was rather put off by this, and went on to tell me 'blah blah blah, once the order is placed i have no control over it, it doesnt matter if I had given you your VIN asap or right now, your car will still be built and arrive at their discretion" Which is true, but don't tell me you're gonna pass along updates if you had no intention of doing so.
I'm not sure how she can be offended that I expected her to provide me with a VIN when it was available, because that's what she told me she would do in the first place!

Seems production at the focus plant had gained speed. Everyone seemed to be getting their cars rather quickly, some even managed 4 weeks, others 6 weeks. Things were on schedule, even though I was insanely jealous and frustrated that some people who ordered later than me started receiving their window stickers and build dates before me.

On August 16th I had a windowsticker, and a build date of August 23. More people had continued to pass me. And a few older members waiting 10,12 or even 14 weeks had finally received their cars. I was only 4 weeks in but very excited and hopeful for a 6 week order process :) An ETA of Sept 5-12th was given to me.

Unfortunately during this time my current vehicle had kicked the bucket, this made the wait exceedingly more difficult.

August 25 my ETIS was updated saying the car was completed Aug 24th. She's alive! Now I just needed to get her on a train and get her home! The 24th being a Wednesday, I figured they could get her on a train by friday, and then they would have all week to get her here. But that never happened, instead I checked back often hoping for good news.

September 2nd I was told my car status had been updated and was no "waiting transit". Wait a minute? I thought it was doing that for the last week and a half? This must have been a delay in the system, my car was still scheduled for a sept 5-12 ETA, so it had to have been on a train and on it's way. A long weekend was more than enough time for it to get here.

Sept 6th, a day after the ETA and 7 weeks since I had ordered. I had received no word that my car had arrived, and nothing suggesting it had even left the plant in Michigan yet. I called FCS and was given a new ETA, sept 18-25. Another TWO to THREE weeks.

Frustrated that my car had been sitting idle for 2 weeks, while someone else had theirs built aug 31st and delivered sept 2...

I called FCS to see what the delay was. I had been without a car for 3-4 weeks now and couldn't afford to wait, I checked local lots for a similar car in the city, found nothing. I didn't want to buy something else after doing nearly 15 weeks of research on a focus.
The people at FCS just kept repeating 18-25, and couldn't tell me what happened to sept 5 and why they would need an additional 3 weeks? They tried to tell me to phone my dealer instead. Which my dealer in turn told me to phone FCS. No one wanted to listen or to help me out. I asked for a supervisor/manager to call me, he returned my call but it went to voicemail. So I had to call again.

I started to complain that I was ready to cancel a $30000 car order and walk away and no one at FCS wanted to hear why?
Natasha contacted someone at FCS of Canada for me and within a few hours a manager called me again, I explained the situation but she just said the same thing, she could only tell me what was on the screen, or didn't have access to that information, or that I could try to call my dealership again.
She said she could only help me if the ETA had already came and went. Well great, cause guess what, the Sept 5 ETA had came and went. But nope, that wasn't good enough because someone had updated it to 18-25 already.
Then finally she explains that I would need a team leader instead, well I thought that was who I was already talking to. Manager, supervisor, team leader? I didn't understand the difference but fine, if that was the person that could help me, have them call me... in another 2-3 business days.

I walked out to attend to some laundry, and when I returned not more than 5 minutes later I had a missed call and Voicemail. I went to check and sure enough it was the same FCS "manager", she went on to explain that she had looked into my situation further and there was nothing she could do. Also she said that she had removed the note on my file for a team leader to call me so I may or may not get a call. If I had any more question I knew the number to reach them at then said goodbye and ended the message.

What the hell, why would you remove the notice to have someone call me without my permission. I quickly called back and at 5:55 I was informed the offices were closed, this was only 5 minutes after I had just received the voice mail.

So now I have to waste tomorrows lunchhour on hold again just to let them know that YES, please have someone call me back, to which I expect to be told it's another 2-3 more business days...

-----

To summarize, I now have no car. And an ETA 2-3 weeks after the original ETA, which is still subject to change, and with no evidence that my car has any intention of leaving the assembly plant any time soon.
Aside from Natasha, who has always been 100% professional at putting up with me while I rant, and keeping it constant communication with me, everyone at FCS seems to have the "shut up and wait" mentality, and if you don't like that go call this person instead, who will tell you to call that person back, and so on etc.

The service I've received at my dealer is don't call us, we'll call you when the car arrives to take your money.

What happened to real customer service? What happened to "I'm sorry I don't have the answer to that, but I can help you find someone who will"

I don't even want to imagine what someone having troubles with MFT must have to go through.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76420
What I Drive: 2010 Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 SELguy Good Standing Member
Wink Oh what KR*p

You have been given the RunAround..And I'm sad for Ford & those that care..
Although my 2010 Focus SEL is running fine I will NOT buy another Ford..
The adverts are all hype, the cars are no better than average & customer service seems @ -75%...
No wonder Hyundai are going forward, customer care, customer service, great vehicles and a Great Warranty...I've run Hyundai's prior to my Focus, never an issue, my wife will not part with her Elantra..
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Like I said, I've spent so much time researching and committing myself to this focus that to leave and by something else now I would feel like I'm rushing into it. But I have noticed that I'm checking out other cars on the road a lot more often... Elantra is looking nice
Old 09-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76420
What I Drive: 2010 Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 SELguy Good Standing Member
Arrow Well'

Over the last 10 years I have run Accents, Sonatas, Azeras & my wife now has the Elantra..The local dealer bent over backwards, loaners whilst cars in for service, 6 free services on each & every Hyundai..Excellent service by the service department & sales staff. Great trade-ins..
When my wife totaled her new 2010 Accent they gave her a loaner the next day..Service with a Capital S'...
I'm not saying Fords are bad but overall they are lower on the ladder as far as
customer service/help/reliability etc....
I only have 8K on my Focus SEL but I'm already looking..I really want the Elantra but with a little more power...Safe Journeys..
Old 09-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61381
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST ST3

Points 726, Level 14
Points: 726, Level: 14 Points: 726, Level: 14 Points: 726, Level: 14
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 2 dieselboy77 Good Standing Member
Americans aren't used to ordering cars, in Europe you have to wait 3 months to get your car after placing an order
Old 09-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 75579
What I Drive: 07 Focus ST v1.2

Points 2,732, Level 31
Points: 2,732, Level: 31 Points: 2,732, Level: 31 Points: 2,732, Level: 31
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 TitanFocus76 Good Standing Member
Shut up and wait is excellent advice

Carlisle Ford Not just hid's sponsor pick

Sedan Revolution #152
Old 09-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

I work in distribution and have to ship to 35 + locations across on country. We have to do that 2-3 times a week. This isn't UPS, these are 54" shipping containers.

There's no reason a car should take 4-5 weeks to do a similar trip we can do 2-3 times in a single week.
Shit, I could get something on a boat from China, then put it on a train and have it here in within two weeks.

Waiting for production is one thing, waiting cause they haven't shipped is lazy. You lose your job over that kind of shit. If I don't make your deadlines I can't tell them "oops, another 2-3 weeks, no big deal buddy. You didn't need that stuff when we said we would get it to you right? Good"
Old 09-09-2011, 01:46 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49192
What I Drive: 2012 Winter Frost SE

Points 3,392, Level 36
Points: 3,392, Level: 36 Points: 3,392, Level: 36 Points: 3,392, Level: 36
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: -6 DJ2BIG Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
My sister got the new Elantra it looks nice runs good I suggest you get the limited for like 20700 and save 10000 off the focus you ordered you can also add bumper to bumper 10 year 100k 0 deductible for like 900 more and a real warranty backed by Hyundai
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using FF Mobile
Old 09-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #9
Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
I wonder if they found an issue with your car at the plant and have made provisions to resolve it before they ship it?

That would be unreasonable because damnit, you financed thirty grand!!!

And if you got the car on time or early and it had an issue.... oh, boy I'd hate to see how gracefully that situation was handled!

I know this may seem a bit tough to understand.....but the people a FCS are not sitting next to the assembly line in michigan. Hell, the people at the plant couldn't recognize your vehicle until it's nearly fully assembled but yet you expect some 20 something woman on a telephone in Florida to tell you where your car is at this very moment and exactly why it isn't going to be delievered for another 13 days?

Okay, okay. Shame on them for committing to a date they can't deliver. Would be nice to know your car is like a newborn baby, wrapped in pink cotton in a nursery somewhere with someone reporting it's every move from plant, to shipping, to delivery. Telephone tag sucks too, too bad you where doing laundry and couldn't answer the phone.

Look, Jesus is busy trying to save America and Ford couldn't get him at the Focus plant this year. So, because people are going to substitute (UAW people nonetheless) there are going to be mistakes (a lot of them; UAW again). All sarcasm aside I'm guessing your delay is due to an issue they found prior to transport. They had a decision - ship it and deal with you being extremely pissed later or deal with it now and make you pissed immediately. Your FCS rep doesn't have access to the information you wanted and therefore they couldn't do anything but try to calm you down.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

It would make me EXTREMELY satisfied to hear that there was a problem with my car, and that they had delayed shipping to deal with it.

Seriously, not being sarcastic at all.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.