Trade-in Question - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89143
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 aramisx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Trade-in Question

Question for the people with dealership experience, or maybe even an employee...

So I traded in my old car (08 Civic) with a known Ford dealership in my area. The trade in was valued at $12,500 for a car that I still owed $9,500.

So with an equitable trade-in, I proceed to get my new Focus.

So fast foward two and a half weeks, and the lender I went through, USAA, had paid them two weeks ago, so I'm good to go on the finance of the vehicle.

But, the loan on the old car is still not paid off, even though the dealership received their money from USAA for the new car.

Before I go stomping into the dealership about why I just made my usual half month's payment on my old loan, when it should have been paid off by now, what is the procedure on this?

The only unknown I can think of is, I'm still in possession of my old car while the new one (the Focus) is in transit to the dealership (tentative arrival is 12Sept). But, they made me sign a borrower's agreement (because it's now technically their car) on the vehicle until my car showed up. Could this be the reason they still have not paid my loan off?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67402
What I Drive: 2007 zx4 bronze

FF Reputation: 2 revolutionregained Good Standing Member
Well you can back out of the deal anytime before you receive your car so i think they are waiting for that. Cuz say you get tired of waiting and go and cancel itll be hard for them to undo. Just my 2 cents
Old 09-02-2011, 03:27 AM   #3
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

Points 19,636, Level 88
Points: 19,636, Level: 88 Points: 19,636, Level: 88 Points: 19,636, Level: 88
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 53 iminhell Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Being they are the one you are dealing with ... why not call and ask them.
I mean none of us work there or know their practices, and it could very well be a standard practice, or it could be specif to just them. You won't know unless you call and ask.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
I don't care

Fan#: 19367
What I Drive: '99 Saab 9-3

Points 7,098, Level 55
Points: 7,098, Level: 55 Points: 7,098, Level: 55 Points: 7,098, Level: 55
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 13 ZX4STDoug Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
12 yrs of dealership experience here and you hit it on the head in your last paragraph. You're still in posession of your trade in, they're not going to pay it off until it's in their posession. They will have to call the lender on your trade at that time and get a new "10 day" payoff and adjust their figures accordingly. They should adjust things in your favor, if you did indeed pay another payment or portion of on your current loan.

As long as you're still driving your vehicle waiting for your ordered Focus, I wouldn't sweat it. Good luck, enjoy the new one!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 75579
What I Drive: 07 Focus ST v1.2

Points 2,732, Level 31
Points: 2,732, Level: 31 Points: 2,732, Level: 31 Points: 2,732, Level: 31
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 TitanFocus76 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX4STDoug View Post
12 yrs of dealership experience here and you hit it on the head in your last paragraph. You're still in posession of your trade in, they're not going to pay it off until it's in their posession. They will have to call the lender on your trade at that time and get a new "10 day" payoff and adjust their figures accordingly. They should adjust things in your favor, if you did indeed pay another payment or portion of on your current loan.

As long as you're still driving your vehicle waiting for your ordered Focus, I wouldn't sweat it. Good luck, enjoy the new one!
Correct, just when you pick the new focus up make sure that you are credited for the payments as your payoff will now be less and you will have more equity

Carlisle Ford Not just hid's sponsor pick

Sedan Revolution #152
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.