I just need to confirm that MY FORD Driver Connect Technology with SYNC (small 4 inch screen) is not MYFORD TOUCH!!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88703
What I Drive: 2012 HB SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 bersamin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just need to confirm that MY FORD Driver Connect Technology with SYNC (small 4 inch screen) is not MYFORD TOUCH!!!

I have read enough on the MYFORD TOUCH problems to not to want it in the car I just ordered.

On Saturday, I ordered a 2012 SE Focus Hatchback, with sport package and the 201A Rapid Spec, which is just cruise control, map lights and alarm.

However, when I ordered my Focus, I told my salesman, Oscar that I had heard a lot of great things about SYNC and that I wish I could have ordered SYNC alone.

I told him that it was my understanding that to have SYNC installed that I HAD to order MYFORD TOUCH as well.

Well, Oscar called me back today and said that he thinks that I am confused, the MY FORD Driver Connect Technology with SYNC (small 4 inch screen) is different than the MYFORD TOUCH technology (Bigger Screen) and that he is suggesting that I order the 203A Rapid Spec which includes the 201A convienence package above with the MYFORD and SYNC package (MY FORD Driver Connect Technology) (Dual 4 inch displays and steering mounted audio speakers (6 total) and SIRIUS Radio subscription.

So there is my big question!!!! Is MYFORD Driver Connect Technology NOT MYFORD TOUCH?

Oscar says that he FOUND the 2012 SE Focus Hatchback, with sport package that I ordered and it has the 203A rapid spec with MY FORD Driver Connect Technology with SYNC (small 4 inch screen).

This means that I won't have to wait 8-11+ weeks for my order!

I know that this is probably a NO BRAINER and that you all are probably thinking "just call Oscar and get that Focus knuckle head'!

I just need to confirm that MY FORD Driver Connect Technology with SYNC (small 4 inch screen) is not MY FORD TOUCH!!!

Please tell me! So I can tell Oscar that I want that Focus he found!

Bersamin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
You did NOT order MyFord Touch. That uses, I believe, an 8" Touch Screen.
203A is what I ordered with mine, and that is NOT MyFord Touch :)
Old 08-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86588
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
I can confirm that the small 4" screen aka. "My Ford" is not the 8" screen "My Ford Touch"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this settles that.

Also, neither "My Ford" (4" screen) nor "My Ford Touch" (8" screen) is "Sync" (the voice control system) which was available alone in the days before MF or MFT.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

I'm still unsure as to what "MyFord Technology" is without the touchscreen.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
I'm still unsure as to what "MyFord Technology" is without the touchscreen.
marketing speak..
Old 08-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

but is there any sort of feature or functionality???
Old 08-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #7
Focus Addict

to what? "MyFord" is the 4" screen menu system, it has quite a bit of functionality. not as much as "MyFord Touch" (the 8" screen system). it would have been less confusing if Ford gave them two entirely different names like "Ford 4" screen menu control system" and "Ford 8" touch screen control system." a mouthful for sure, but then no one would get them mixed up.

MyFord is an option on the SE and SEL, MyFordTouch is optional on the SEL and standard on the Titanium. All MyFord anything systems come with Sync (the voice control system).

If you want to read about MyFord then download the owner's guide from here. Get the 2nd printing, start reading on page 38.

If you want info on MyFord Touch Supplemental Guide (2nd printing) and read the whole thing.

Documentation for Sync is available from www.syncmyride.com.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88703
What I Drive: 2012 HB SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 bersamin Good Standing Member
Thank you all!

I called Oscar to see if I can get my Focus! I hope it is still available!

Bersamin
Old 08-19-2011, 01:07 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84327
What I Drive: very carefully

Points 583, Level 11
Points: 583, Level: 11 Points: 583, Level: 11 Points: 583, Level: 11
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 CMB76 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bersamin View Post
Thank you all!

I called Oscar to see if I can get my Focus! I hope it is still available!

Bersamin
Good luck! Tell us about it.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:57 AM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
to what? "MyFord" is the 4" screen menu system, it has quite a bit of functionality. not as much as "MyFord Touch" (the 8" screen system). it would have been less confusing if Ford gave them two entirely different names like "Ford 4" screen menu control system" and "Ford 8" touch screen control system." a mouthful for sure, but then no one would get them mixed up.

MyFord is an option on the SE and SEL, MyFordTouch is optional on the SEL and standard on the Titanium. All MyFord anything systems come with Sync (the voice control system).

If you want to read about MyFord then download the owner's guide from here. Get the 2nd printing, start reading on page 38.

If you want info on MyFord Touch Supplemental Guide (2nd printing) and read the whole thing.

Documentation for Sync is available from www.syncmyride.com.

Thanks, that answered my question. I wasn't aware that the 4" screen was part of "MyFord Technology".....I assumed it was called SOMETHING, but wasn't aware it fell under that branding.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.