Latest 2013 Ford Escape Spy Photos Confirm EcoBoost Power, Vertrek-Inspired Design - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
Administrator

Fan#: 41389
Points 45,208, Level 100
Points: 45,208, Level: 100 Points: 45,208, Level: 100 Points: 45,208, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 4 FFTeam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Latest 2013 Ford Escape Spy Photos Confirm EcoBoost Power, Vertrek-Inspired Design

We’ve previously spied the upcoming 2013 Ford Escape, but these latest photos both show more of the crossover’s shape and confirm our previous suspicions about what might power it. When last we saw a 2013 Escape test mule, it was wearing current-generation Ford Kuga bodywork, so these new images are the first to show off the new shape. The overall look follows that of Ford’s Vertrek concept, including the swoopy greenhouse, bulging hood, swept-back headlights (whose Focus-style inset turn indicators are taped over here), and strong character line running from the front wheelarch to the tip of the taillights. Those taillights and a new fender vent seem the lone elements that seriously deviate from the Vertrek. That concept sported simple, single-form taillights, while this prototype’s taillights feature a thin extension that wraps onto the rear quarter panels just like those on Ford’s 2012 Focus hatch (see the close-up shot of the taillight in the gallery below).

More compelling, though, are the shots of the vehicle sans front and rear fascias. The exposed front-mounted intercooler confirms our previous hunches about Ford’s adoption of EcoBoost power for its baby sport utility. The base engine for the 2013 Escape is likely to be Ford’s naturally aspirated 168-hp, 2.5-liter four-cylinder, joined in the powertrain lineup by either a 1.6-liter, turbocharged EcoBoost four-cylinder, a 2.0-liter EcoBoost, or both. The 1.6-liter EcoBoost is the same engine found in the Vertrek concept, and we’d expect it to produce somewhere near 180 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque. The 2.0-liter EcoBoost should be good for 237-ish hp and 250 lb-ft of torque, and would make for an interesting Kia Sportage SX competitor. A hybrid powertrain is almost guaranteed, whether an evolution of the system in the current Escape hybrid or possibly a plug-in affair. We’ll bring you more details as they become available; in the meantime, check out the gallery below for more spy photos of the 2013 Escape.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile Awesome stuff, the kuga was always a great looking vehicle and this concept is even better. Something that I hope is done is a hybrid off roader. Besides the obvious increased fuel efficency, the electric motors should be able to chuck out lots of low end torque, perfect for crawling over things and getting yourself out of sticky situations. If not, at least a very fuel efficient ecoboost engine teamed up with awd/4x4. I wanna see a fuel efficent, capable offroader...something neither jeep or subaru has as of this moment. If jeep gets their diesels over here and shoves it in the wrangler like they should, they will. Subbie needs to get their engines more fuel efficent, which theyve done with the new impreza. But if ford can come out with a fuel efficent capable offroader in the new escape theyd have a real winner.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62350
What I Drive: 2003 eap svt

Points 10,768, Level 68
Points: 10,768, Level: 68 Points: 10,768, Level: 68 Points: 10,768, Level: 68
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%
FF Reputation: 5 pasta Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
i seen in person looks simaler to edge but really nice
Old 11-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 41668
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE hatch 5mt

FF Reputation: 2 lscrx Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasta View Post
i seen in person looks simaler to edge but really nice
I don't think it looks anything like the Edge, I do like it though. My '04 Tribute was a blast to drive with its 130hp 2 liter Zetec & 5 speed manual. I imagine the new Escape will be even more fun with Ecoboost and a 6 speed manual.

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 11-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

Points 2,879, Level 32
Points: 2,879, Level: 32 Points: 2,879, Level: 32 Points: 2,879, Level: 32
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Needs more TDCi for the US market for me to consider it.
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.