Ford Celebrates 3 Million Sync Vehicles - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Tom
FF Founder

Fan#: 2
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

Points 88,854, Level 100
Points: 88,854, Level: 100 Points: 88,854, Level: 100 Points: 88,854, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Ford Celebrates 3 Million Sync Vehicles

Ford is ringing in the new year with a noteworthy milestone, by installing the industry-leading Ford SYNC® in-car connectivity system on its 3 millionth vehicle in North America.

“Ford SYNC is clearly making a difference in our customer experience,” said Ken Czubay, Ford vice president of U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Not only is it proving to differentiate our products from the competition, SYNC is becoming a key point of satisfaction.”

Ford SYNC was first available for the 2008 Ford Focus, with an option price of $395, in the fall of 2007 and quickly migrated across Ford’s product lines. Today, SYNC is available on all Ford and Lincoln products, except those that are largely commercial or fleet use. The option price remains at $395 for most vehicles, but now includes several new standard features such as 911 Assist, Vehicle Health Report, and SYNC Services.

Customers buying Ford vehicles are treating SYNC as a must-have technology, purchasing the system, when available, nearly 80 percent of the time on current 2011 models – up about 4 percentage points compared to 2010 models. SYNC is standard across the Lincoln lineup.

And a larger number of these customers are speaking out about how much they like the system, with recent internal research indicating that more than 80 percent of SYNC users are likely to recommend the system to others, representing a 5 percentage point increase over the previous year’s data.

Undeniably, the strong purchase power and customer satisfaction ratings of SYNC are bolstered by its industry-leading voice recognition system, a feature that is taking a stronghold in terms of what people want when it comes to in-car connectivity systems. In the internal research, nearly 70 percent of SYNC owners reported that they use the SYNC voice controls while driving – a 5-plus percentage point increase.

“When we introduced SYNC, we were committed to making voice recognition a highly useful tool for the driver, and this research confirms we’re on track,” said Jim Buczkowski, a Henry Ford Technical Fellow and director of Ford Electronics and Electrical Systems Engineering, Research and Advanced Engineering. “Ford remains committed to being the company that will continue to raise the bar on voice recognition as the primary user interface – giving customers the connectivity they want while helping them keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.”

According to the 2010 study “Staying Connected on the Go: A Look at In-Vehicle Smartphone Integration Systems” conducted by the Consumer Electronics Association, 55 percent of the fast-growing population of smartphone owners prefer voice commands as their primary in-car user interface.

With the introduction of MyFord Touch™ in 2010, Ford made the SYNC voice recognition system even faster, friendlier and easier to use with more direct, first level commands, quicker and easier entry and search and more recognized aliases. The improvements were designed to help drivers accomplish tasks hands-free using more natural speech patterns and fewer commands, enabling them to focus on the task of driving.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 68588
What I Drive: 2008 Focus

FF Reputation: 7 JustHereFTM Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i love sync! not only does it work great but it also nudges the resale value up, lol
Old 01-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
SVT Fanatic

Fan#: 16592
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT; 1572 of 1978

Points 4,841, Level 44
Points: 4,841, Level: 44 Points: 4,841, Level: 44 Points: 4,841, Level: 44
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 31 svt2nv04 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
How is the voice recognition part of it? Does it perform well? Does it understand and read peoples' voices OK?
Old 01-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
SVT Fanatic

Points 4,841, Level 44
Level Up 46% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHereFTM View Post
i love sync! not only does it work great but it also nudges the resale value up, lol
By like $100? LOL
Old 01-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
Focus Fanatic

it does! it even works when my windows are down/ sunroof open or tilted/ heat or air conditioning are on full blast. it used to read my text messages when i had a phone capable of doing that and it did that well. the new sync vehicles are even better as you can control more with your voice like the climate controls and navigation services.

the only time it screws up is with weird artist or album names. like if you say "play artist rihanna" you have to say rihanna as rye-hannah or else itll think you said "play artist madonna" dont even get me started on DeadMau5, lol
Old 01-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt2nv04 View Post
By like $100? LOL
yup, you got it!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #7
SVT Fanatic

Points 4,841, Level 44
Level Up 46% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Quote:
yup, you got it!
Actually, just checked NADA and KBB and it didn't add any value for SYNC, although someone looking to buy a fOCUS might rather have that technology versus not having it if it's virtually the same price.

So it could sell quicker with SYNC.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 78390
What I Drive: 2011 Mazda 3 iTouring 2.0

FF Reputation: 2 CamoCustom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I like it just for the fact I dont have to search for a song, and I like the hands free dial. Its nice. Havent used the driving directions, I am a guy, we always know where we are going!

Any new updates on the sync? like version fixes?
Old 01-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
Focus Fanatic

not that i know of. if you havent already, dont forget to register on www.syncmyride.com for the latest updates and patches. they also have a discussion forum; handy if you get a new phone and it doesnt pair up, ipod stops charging, and other issues.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 78390
What I Drive: 2011 Mazda 3 iTouring 2.0

FF Reputation: 2 CamoCustom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
not that i know of. if you havent already, dont forget to register on www.syncmyride.com for the latest updates and patches. they also have a discussion forum; handy if you get a new phone and it doesnt pair up, ipod stops charging, and other issues.
I did sign up with that a few months ago, but it really doesnt tell you much in the way of new updates/patches, etc, hard to read really. No problems with my sync, just like to keep things up to date!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.