My new car - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61141
What I Drive: 2012 RAM 1500 Sport

FF Reputation: 6 andrewjay84 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
My new car

Hello everyone,

I have been interested in picking up a new, or newer, vehicle for some time. Well, yesterday I decided to bite the bullet on a 2010 Ford Fusion with the 2.5 Duratec, mated with a 6-speed trans. I bought the vehicle used with only 9,000 miles for $14,695. The vehicle has a remaining 3 year/36,000 mile factory warranty that I decided to extend to a 5 year/75,000 mile warranty. It came with the moon and tune package, sync, and a rear spoiler for added options, and came standard with 4-wheel ABS, and 4-wheel disk brakes. I bought the car from a Ford dealership located in central IL, so it was just over 3 hours away from me. It was a long day with over 6 hours driving round-trip, and another 3 hours at the dealership (they were extremely busy.) It was a fun ride home playing around with the bluetooth and voice activation sync system.

I have driving about 600 miles with it since picking it up yesterday, and as of now, I can defiitely say that I love everything about it! One large difference that I noticed immediately after driving the Fusion is that compared to my foci, the fusion is a much quieter car. The road and wind noise that my foci produced always drove me nuts. I also found the new 2.5 duratec motor to be suprisingly peppy. The motor is rated at 175 hp, and 172 ft/tq. On the way home I averaged between 33 and 34 MPG, but that was 90% interstate driving with speeds ranging between 70 and 80 MPH. I think my favorite things about the car would be the aggressive front end, and the interior.

I no longer have my 05 ZX3, as I sold that last summber, but I still have my 02 ZX3, so I'm not gone from the Focus community. I don't think I'll be modding the Fusion quite like I did my 05 ZX3, but my first purchase made towards an upgrade for the Fusion was today for Ford OEM molded splash guards.

I have included some pictures of the Fusion....these are dealer pics. I will get better ones taken as soon as I can, but with wind chill, its -5. I have also included some pics of my 05 ZX3 because I don't think I have ever posted them before. Everything done to this car was done by me, and me alone (except for painting the front grill.) I purchased it as a plain jane SE that came with only power locks, windows, and cruise.
All comments are welcome.

Fusion

05 ZX3

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71376
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST

Points 945, Level 16
Points: 945, Level: 16 Points: 945, Level: 16 Points: 945, Level: 16
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 ElectricAL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Nice car, man. Definitely something to be said for a quieter cruiser with decent giddyup- I'll take your word as I've never driven one. I'll tolerate a stiffer suspension [05 ST] but there are times when I'd prefer a more forgiving ride...
Old 01-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78800
What I Drive: 2010 Ebony Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 femmefocus87 Good Standing Member
Both are very nice rides
Old 01-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62411
What I Drive: Honda Civic

FF Reputation: 2 focus11 Good Standing Member
I very much like your Fusion! I recently test drove a 2011 Fusion SE w/6 speed automatic and came away extremely impressed. It drove really nice with very good steering and handling, and was very comfortable and refined. Congratulations! The SE is an excellent value by the way.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
love my red focus

Fan#: 54938
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX4 SES w/SAP

Points 1,324, Level 20
Points: 1,324, Level: 20 Points: 1,324, Level: 20 Points: 1,324, Level: 20
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 lightning2nd Good Standing Member
nice
member of Focus Nation / Sedan Revolution#105 / Sap Crew#23 / Team Duratec#189 / Midwest Crew#31
Old 01-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
WRX/Focus:)

Fan#: 76864
What I Drive: 04 WRB WRX / 00 se zxw

Points 14,826, Level 78
Points: 14,826, Level: 78 Points: 14,826, Level: 78 Points: 14,826, Level: 78
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 33 Djzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Real nice car man.
HN #17
D23 crew-#1
Old 01-02-2011, 12:33 AM   #7
Too old for this...

Fan#: 61490
What I Drive: 2004 Silver Mazda6 S

FF Reputation: 9 kjsoccerdude Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Very nice. I love the looks of those new Fusions. If I was in the car market they would be the first thing I'd go look at.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:35 AM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74537
What I Drive: 2008 Red Coupe, 1994 Dodge Shadow

FF Reputation: 3 save_HUTCH Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Very nice. How long did it take to find the 6-speed that you wanted?
Duratec Crew #59
2008 Red Coupe S Mods: Steeda SRI, Massive Strut bar
FSWerks:SCT Tune, 91 OCT, 2.5 inch Race Exhaust, Duratec Engine Cover, Came Wrinkle Black but painted Vermillion Red
2003 VW Golf GTI 20th AE Too many mods!!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 51709
What I Drive: 2003 Focus Sedan Zetec 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 13 hypnoticracing Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
we just bought an 07 merc. milan and what a ride.... thing is nicer than a cadillac....

Parting out the slammed sedan...
Old 01-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61141
What I Drive: 2012 RAM 1500 Sport

FF Reputation: 6 andrewjay84 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by save_HUTCH View Post
Very nice. How long did it take to find the 6-speed that you wanted?
It took me about 3 weeks to find the one I purchased. I searched the inventory of most, if not all, of the dealers in my area with no success. Then I expanded my search to a 300 mile radius from me. The were some Fusions available closer than the one I chose but had way more miles, or no sunroof. I really wanted a sunroof, and the low miles was definitely appealing to me, which is how I ended up with this one. I got everything that I wanted with maybe the exception of having leather and being white; obviously those were not deal breakers for me though. And acutally I didn't find a white one with leather and a 6-speed in the entire united states, so I think I came out very well. If I were willing to purchase an automatice however, I think there were probably 50 Fusions availabe with the mileage and features that I wanted.

The nice thing about my purchase was that all the time I put into finding the right vehicle, I was able to do it all from the comfort of my home. I used Autotrader.com, Cars.com, KBB.com, and dealer websites for finding the right vehicle. I also completed my financing online which was nice because I didn't have the play the bullshit numbers game that the dealers like to play.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.