Another competition orange EAP bites the dust. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72415
What I Drive: 2003 Competition Orange SVT (EAP)

FF Reputation: 3 grunyon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Another competition orange EAP bites the dust.

So today I was at a stoplight at Rt. 202 in Brancburg minding my own business picking my nose or whatever and somebody rear ended me going 60 miles an hour. They say he never even stepped on the breaks. My 2003 EAP got pretty crunched up in the back and I also got pushed forward did a 180 and slid into the most obnoxious curb I've ever seen. This thing was like a foot tall. Anyway that curb shattered my wheels and probably ripped off my exhaust. In total I was like 50 yards from the impact. They flew the other guy out in a helicopter, he wasn't responsive.

So I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking the car is probably going to get totaled. If so how much do you think the insurance company would want for it? I hear people sometimes buy their cars back and part them out. I was thinking about parting it out, maybe having a spare engine (90k miles) to build for a turbo setup one day. The leather seats were in good condition but the air bags blew out of them (who knew those were there). Headlights are still perfect too.

I wonder if they would let me take my AEM cold air off at least without buying it. And maybe those HID headlights. I'd be happy if I can get just those.

I'm thinking about getting another SVT. I realy enjoyed that car. It was a little loud and the stereo didn't work but now I know not to buy one with a high flow cat and a stereo torn out of it. I was also looking back into the Spec-V, the Celica GT-S, and other cars under 8 grand max that are still new enough to finance and cool enough to drive.

Anyway, good game. Any advice?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 01:45 AM   #2
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5, 09 Coupe

Points 13,413, Level 75
Points: 13,413, Level: 75 Points: 13,413, Level: 75 Points: 13,413, Level: 75
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 44%
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%
FF Reputation: 29 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (46)
My friend has a Spec-V and has no problems with it at all. It has a very torquey engine but it's not all that fast. The handling is pretty decent for a sedan which surprised me. The Celica GT-S is ok. I have never drove one so I can't tell you my thoughts on it. They seem to be fairly reliable. My cousin has one of the previous generations and it has over 250,000 miles on it and still going.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:48 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30675
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange Svt

FF Reputation: 3 isaac_in_tx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
wow, that really sucks but glad you are ok. i agree with trying to buy it back i wished i had done that when i totaled mine, talk to the towing company who took your car and ask if you can get some of your stuff back, thats what i did and i got lots of my stuff back except for my svt header, exh, and seats, which i really wanted but altleast i got some stuff back.
ATX Faction #25
ZETEC Crew #75
Old 12-09-2010, 02:04 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Well the thing I realized is that I never actually race it. I just drive it somewhat spirited, and like to show Civics I've got more balls off the stop light once in a while. But at the same time I really like a sporty feel and power under the pedal.

I guess now is the time to get out there and test drive each one huh?

I wasn't allowed to tow my car yet because they wanted to take pictures of the whole thing and do a full accident reconstruction. So I left it there for the police to take care of. I guess I can call the police in the morning and see where it went.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:09 AM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65903
What I Drive: 2003 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841

FF Reputation: 2 JibLxA Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I'm sorry to hear about your Focus. Thats some crazy stuff that happened to you, glad your okay. I wonder what happened to the other guy, why didn't he stop???
As far as car's go, I say buy it back and do what you said you're going to do. And I say go with another SVT. I'm not a fan of the looks of a Spec-V's and the GT-S, I like them, but a SVT is just as fast and nicer IMO. Keep us updated with whatever happens!
'03 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841 Built 04/01/2003
'01 Twilight Blue Sedan (SOLD)

Hatch Nation #04
Old 12-09-2010, 02:36 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

My money is on texting and driving. It had to have been a long text though.

Yeah. The Spec V has the quickness and the sportyness but doesn't look as cool in my opinion. The Celica GT-S looks good but I can't help but feel like its a chick's car, kind of like the Tiburon. The Civic SI is over priced and I think the GTI is too.

Depending on how much the insurance gives me for the car, I'm thinking I MIGHT just be able to afford things like the RSX Type S, Cobalt SS, or SRT-4. Just because I can doesn't mean I should though.

I'll probably settle on the SVT, but I'm not really seeing any low mileage ones fairly priced. Maybe I'll expand my search out further and make a day trip out of the whole thing.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:44 AM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65903
What I Drive: 2003 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841

FF Reputation: 2 JibLxA Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Yeah, I just bought my SVT and it took me almost 2 months to find one any where close to me that was decent. Still bought a higher millage one than I wanted but was in better shape than the rest with lower millage. I was kinda picky though. Good luck with your find.
RSX or a Cobalt SS would be a good choice if you can get your self to shell out a couple thousand more. Especially if you could find a 08+ Cobalt SS. But i say if you get an SVT i wouldn't call it settling exactly
'03 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841 Built 04/01/2003
'01 Twilight Blue Sedan (SOLD)

Hatch Nation #04
Old 12-09-2010, 03:35 AM   #8
Banned

Fan#: 80178
What I Drive: 2006 Sapphire Blue Sentra Spec-V

FF Reputation: 3 QR25DE_SpecV Good Standing Member
Honestly, I think the Spec-V is one of the better options. GTi & Si = Overpriced for what they are.

Your best bet is to find a Spec-V between 04 and 06. Brembo's are a plus :D
Old 12-09-2010, 04:11 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

The dilemma is forced induction from the factory = a lot higher insurance.

Super/turbo it myself and save insurance, but everything is all on me then I don't have piece of mind and reliability.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:08 AM   #10
WRX/Focus:)

Fan#: 76864
What I Drive: 04 WRB WRX / 00 se zxw

Points 14,826, Level 78
Points: 14,826, Level: 78 Points: 14,826, Level: 78 Points: 14,826, Level: 78
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 33 Djzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Not another one. Dam like I've said before they are dropping like flies.
HN #17
D23 crew-#1

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.