Things are getting better! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69219
What I Drive: 2007 blue 1.6

Points 5,537, Level 47
Points: 5,537, Level: 47 Points: 5,537, Level: 47 Points: 5,537, Level: 47
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Z_interactive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Things are getting better!

Well we can say whatever we want but if we look 12 years back, things are getting better for same or little higher price!
1998 Focus-I think it's ugly

2008 Focus-Like it a lot

2012 Focus-have to see it in person for final opinion, right now-2008 is better

2008-2012 door mirrors are the same, yep 100% GLOBAL CAR!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 69029
What I Drive: 2005 focus zx4, 2003 cbr f4i

FF Reputation: 8 2wheeladict Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
it looks like a friggin jet cockpit. i like the 2nd gen 300z style interior, its like the car is a glove and you fit right in it. i wish a car would come out with a dash and center console shaped like the 300z with more modern stuff in it. that would be tits
Old 01-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2012 1.6L 125hp Titanium wagon

Points 20,231, Level 89
Points: 20,231, Level: 89 Points: 20,231, Level: 89 Points: 20,231, Level: 89
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 16 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
@ Z-interactive, the interior pics shown of the next Focus are the top trim Titanium with the MyFord Touch option and premium Sony Audio. There will be the lower trim interior http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/att...1&d=1263338573 that will not be so
flashy looking.
The above picture in the link is a screen shot from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvHj-vfg0rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheeladict View Post
it looks like a friggin jet cockpit.
Interesting you say that.

Ernst Reim is the chief designer, Interiors, Ford of Europe, based in Merkenich, Germany, in greater Cologne.

Reim and his team have shaped the next-generation Focus interior to reflect, more than ever, the kinetic design-inspired, sleek exterior shape of the Focus and its compelling driver’s appeal – the feeling of energy in motion. The interior is just as expressive and kinetic as the exterior.

Reim, a youthful 40, calls it a cockpit interior. It’s clearly built around the driver.

Designing cockpits is nothing new to Reim, an Austrian native.
“As a child, I developed a love for moving sculptures, but more about aviation, like futuristic planes and helicopters,” Reim said. “For my first diploma at university, I created a helicopter.”

The helicopter design was noticed by the chief designer of Volkswagen, who offered Reim an internship. This led to a full-time role as interior designer at the German firm and later to a position with Ford.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:28 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69219
What I Drive: 2007 blue 1.6

Points 5,537, Level 47
Points: 5,537, Level: 47 Points: 5,537, Level: 47 Points: 5,537, Level: 47
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Z_interactive Good Standing Member
Quote:
Z-interactive, the interior pics shown of the next Focus are the top trim Titanium with the MyFord Touch option and premium Sony Audio. There will be the lower trim interior http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/att...1&d=1263338573 that will not be so
flashy looking.
I'm glad, I really can't wait to see manual transmission interior, I hope that hand brake will be like in 2008 model.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 59052
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF 3 door

Points 9,500, Level 65
Points: 9,500, Level: 65 Points: 9,500, Level: 65 Points: 9,500, Level: 65
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 10 LongDucDong Great Standing Member
The 2012 center stack is almost too luxury car-like. The gauge pod is hideous and there are too many shiny surfaces. Overall I think its semi-attractive, but the 1st gen's interior is still my fave... its not conservative or over-the-top... its funky and blends in with the rest of the car just perfectly. The 2008 would be my 2nd place finisher, it looks nice overall, but a bit too conservative to fit the Focus' sporty flair.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58127
What I Drive: 2008 Black SES

FF Reputation: 2 Matsuo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
That second pic isnt an 08 :o 08s didnt come w/ nav or touch screens... and that cluster is nothing like what was available when I got mine...

Center area in my car:

It's been repainted.. still doesnt look 100% awesome like I want it but it looks better than it did heh. anyways Thats the 08 center area.. I dont have a cluster pic to show but it's white with blue lights

Edit:: and the air vents are completely different too.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,907, Level 97
Points: 26,907, Level: 97 Points: 26,907, Level: 97 Points: 26,907, Level: 97
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsuo View Post
That second pic isnt an 08 :o 08s didnt come w/ nav or touch screens... and that cluster is nothing like what was available when I got mine...

Center area in my car:

It's been repainted.. still doesnt look 100% awesome like I want it but it looks better than it did heh. anyways Thats the 08 center area.. I dont have a cluster pic to show but it's white with blue lights

Edit:: and the air vents are completely different too.
08 euro version lol. Z is not from the US. I still have to disagree, first i love my mki interior. The new one is freaking awesome. And dont worry Long this is the top trim level. Little tid bit, the stitching on the dash is actually leather. Im not a fan of nav but this new system is so appealing i may just have to jump ship and pretty much get an a expensive focus. If the interior materials feel awesome and it looks this good and theres leather trimmed dash...then I wont mind paying 25k for a focus. And if that focus has a turbo in it Ill whip out the check book even quicker. Oh and love the return of the four spoke wheel. It looks compact too and the airbag compartment is not giant like in some cars. Also the 9 and 3 spots are nicely recessed, something I like a lot and adds a sporty feel to the design.

Posted via FF Mobile

Last edited by ShamrockSVT; 01-15-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58127
What I Drive: 2008 Black SES

FF Reputation: 2 Matsuo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
08 euro version lol. Z is not from the US. I still have to disagree, first i love my mki interior. The new one is freaking awesome. And dont worry Long this is the top trim level. Little tid bit, the stitching on the dash is actually leather. Im not a fan of nav but this new system is so appealing i may just have to jump ship and pretty much get an a expensive focus. If the interior materials feel awesome and it looks this good and theres leather trimmed dash...then I wont mind paying 25k for a focus. And if that focus has a turbo in it Ill whip out the check book even quicker. Oh and love the return of the four spoke wheel. It looks compact too and the airbag compartment is not giant like in some cars. Also the 9 and 3 spots are nicely recessed, something I like a lot and adds a sporty feel to the design.

Posted via FF Mobile
Oh crap haha My bad.. i feel dumb now =( i didnt know this was abt the euros :o
Old 01-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #9
Wales!!

Fan#: 46854
What I Drive: 11 mustang

Points 15,893, Level 81
Points: 15,893, Level: 81 Points: 15,893, Level: 81 Points: 15,893, Level: 81
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 13 sjdwales Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
u forgot the 05-07 interior, i think that was the worst design. 2012 looks too luxery like said above, i did like 07-10 so far. however the 00-04 interior i like a lot. if i didnt have the st interior, i would of replaced it with 00-04 design
Old 01-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55223
What I Drive: 2013 Tux SE Black Pack 5MT

Points 1,149, Level 18
Points: 1,149, Level: 18 Points: 1,149, Level: 18 Points: 1,149, Level: 18
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 9 MichaelJD1980 Good Standing Member
I disagree completely. I think, from the pictures, that the 2012 interior will be the best to date by far. Look at the details ... anyone notice the stitched upholstery on the IP brows?

And I think saying something is "too luxury" is like saying that there is such a thing as too much money. If you mean there are too many gizmos and gadgets, then ok. I get that. But if you are talking about materials, then no.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.