Old member coming back for more Ford - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13841
What I Drive: 08 Fusion SEL, Focus ST on order

FF Reputation: 1 MISVTfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Old member coming back for more Ford

Hi everyone! I don't know if many people are still on here when I was active. But anyway for those who remember me my black 04 SVT focus was sold a few years ago. I moved onto a Jeep for my job and when that ended I jumped back into a 2008 ford fusion 5spd. But now I'm looking at getting the 2010 fusion hybrid, I was wondering if anyone has personal experience with this model. I know what package I want but I am really looking for the "fun" upgrades if there are any out there yet. I'd love to get one of those illuminated ford badges for the grill for the "electric" effect. But it appears they don't manufacture those anymore. Also do the loaded fusion hybrids come with the LED interior lighting standard? Thanks for any help I know it is the wrong car but I figure a ford is a ford among us ford people.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

Points 7,288, Level 56
Points: 7,288, Level: 56 Points: 7,288, Level: 56 Points: 7,288, Level: 56
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 59052
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF 3 door

Points 9,500, Level 65
Points: 9,500, Level: 65 Points: 9,500, Level: 65 Points: 9,500, Level: 65
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 LongDucDong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sorry, but the word "hybrid" and "fun" should never, ever be uttered in the same paragraph unless youre saying something like "hybrids are fun to push off a cliff".

Go to Ford's website or swing by your dealer and pick up a brochure or talk to a salesman.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Hybrids to me are fun. Trying to get the most mileage out of a car is pretty fun sometimes, especially when you're pushing a car 1000+ miles on one tank. It really hits you how crazy the technology is.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I remember you, even though is a hybrid you still gotta run gas for the A/C and Defroster so slap an exhaust on that thing. It also still needs to breath so an intake should be fun, lastly how about some full electric Autocross. LOL
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 09-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Do you know if there is an intake and exhaust for that motor? 2.4 atkinson I think is the name of the engine. I would like to get as much power out of it in gas mode if possible, I figure like my focus it'll improve my MPG slightly as well. Autocross would be awesome but possibly the slowest thing in history. Getting it to launch in electric mode takes like 30 seconds to get to 20mph. HA.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #7
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
LOL

No I have no clue of any performance parts yet but my past experience with hybrids (07-08 escape/fusion) is they use the same intake/exhaust setup's as their gas sucking cousin's.
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 09-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
Umm, nothing

Fan#: 3341
What I Drive: 03 Black ZX3, 09 F150

Points 4,821, Level 44
Points: 4,821, Level: 44 Points: 4,821, Level: 44 Points: 4,821, Level: 44
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 Onlyford4me Good Standing Member
From lighting upgrades you enjoy, it seems like you are more of a looks kind of person. If I'm correct, I'm sure there are suspension kits and rims available for it. Modifying the engine might take some mileage away which seems to be high on your priority list. There's always tinting and other cosmetic things you can do also. There has to be companies making body kits for the Fusion, but to be honest, I love the way they look stock (minus the hideous grilles Ford puts on everything).

"Government is not the solution to the problem; government is the problem."
Old 09-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,111, Level 96
Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96 Points: 26,111, Level: 96
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDucDong View Post
Sorry, but the word "hybrid" and "fun" should never, ever be uttered in the same paragraph unless youre saying something like "hybrids are fun to push off a cliff".

Go to Ford's website or swing by your dealer and pick up a brochure or talk to a salesman.
Way to greet back one of our oldest members who used to contribute a lot.

Welcome back man, I missed seeing your koolaid avatar. You couldn't pick a better vehical for the bargin, especially a hybrid. The only of car I can think of that is a great deal and is made to get great fuel economy while retaining all the fun of the regular car is the Jetta diesel.

And long ducdong, the fusion hybrid is just as fun as the regular fusion. One of the best hybrids out there. Anyway, I don't think they have my color illumination or anything. The best part of the fusion hybrid as far as tech is the digital display, which I'm sure you know of. If you think driving to get the best gas mileage is your kind of fun this is the car for you. Getting as many leaves as possible is pretty cool.

Performance parts not sure. But I'm sure suspension mods would be the same.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 59052
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF 3 door

Points 9,500, Level 65
Points: 9,500, Level: 65 Points: 9,500, Level: 65 Points: 9,500, Level: 65
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 10 LongDucDong Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISVTfocus View Post
Do you know if there is an intake and exhaust for that motor? 2.4 atkinson I think is the name of the engine. I would like to get as much power out of it in gas mode if possible, I figure like my focus it'll improve my MPG slightly as well. Autocross would be awesome but possibly the slowest thing in history. Getting it to launch in electric mode takes like 30 seconds to get to 20mph. HA.
If you want to autocross a car and still get good gas mileage, get a Yaris or something similar, and modify the suspension. When hybrids are on gas, those weak little gas motors are pushing around a hefty amount of weight. The whole lb per hp ratio comes into play here. I can tell you that most hybrids, when running on gas (as they would be on a autocross track) at full throttle, get awful mpgs. Have you checked out Top Gear's M3 vs Prius on the racetrack? If not, check it out, its a real eye-opener. That will make you think twice before taking a hybrid out on a racetrack. Hybrids are made to get good mpgs, not to modify their engines or autocross them, that just entirely defeats the purpose of owning one, IMO.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.