My Moms The Devil - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 55592
What I Drive: 2001 White ZTS, 1994 Jeep ZJ

FF Reputation: 3 DerekGrugan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My Moms The Devil

Well, im pretty pissed today. my car has been running like crap the last month and every time i get into it i get all nervous cuz it just feels like its gonna die on me or blow up or the wheels are gonna fall off or something. im really sick of my worn out eary feeling focus and i want a new car. I went and talked to a few banks and a dealership a while ago but they all said i needed a co-signer, so i talked (Begged) my mom to co-sign and after hearing her say no time and time again for the last year or so she finally says yes! so for the past few weeks i looked around for a 06-07 ST or a mint 03-04 SVT with no luck. but last weeekend i was determined to find one after blowing another tire on my way to a concert. i ended up locating a red 06 ST for sale with 60klms for $11,000. great price considering any other one i found was in the high 13's to high 14's, so i called the dealership immeddiatly and spoke with a salesman. -had a good chat and he sent me a bunch of photos of the car, it looked perfect!! So i call my mom on sunday and say "I FOUND ONE MOM!" lol and she says great! so this week i made an apointment at the bank for friday to go get the loan, i call the delaership and tell the salesman if all goes well ill be there early next week for pick up. so i call my mom and tell her we have an apointment at the bank at 2:00 on friday, what does she say? she freaks on me and says shes not co-signing anymore. doesnt give me a reason why or anything just a screaming NO! wow i cant believe her.... iv been furious all day and i just needed to let that out!

on a side note i was watching motoring-2009 today and they test drove the kia forte. im starting to really like this car, said its top off the line model loaded with everything was only $21,000 or something like that. thats a great price for everyhting that car had to offer, very nice and great awesome features on the forte. what really got me was how he said you can get a 2.4L 4 cylinder that and i quote "you can slap a turbo on it and a give it a good tune and this engine can handle over 300whp safely without any worries, that should really appeal to the tuner crowd" . well it really appeals to me, ALOT, almost makes me want one, what do you guys and gals think??

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
RB25 = Amazing

Fan#: 62344
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT ZX5, 1991 240sx

FF Reputation: 5 SVTflyer03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
that sucks with your mom. sorry

and i dint like kias. not at all imho

SVTf 5-door #892 out of about 2200

Hi
Old 08-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
Focus Addict

ya i didnt like kia either until today pretty much, i think that car slammed to the ground on coilovers and 18inch wheels would look awesome
Old 08-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 57080
What I Drive: 09 f-150 5.4

Points 3,172, Level 34
Points: 3,172, Level: 34 Points: 3,172, Level: 34 Points: 3,172, Level: 34
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 33 Master-Baits Great Standing Member
6 years ago most people didnt like hyundai's neither... fast forward to today and as far as bang for buck, reliability, and warranty wise theyre a great value. Hyundai is trying to move up more towards honda/toyota whether they are successful or not is debatable but they have certainly found their niche in the market. I think Kia is slowly but surely trying to creep up on hyundai, and I think they are doing so pretty well. I've said it before but im interning for enterprise rent a car and I drive all sorts of cars daily, and especially as far as minivans go the kia sedona is only second to the toyota as far as the overall feel goes. I think theyre doing a great job of improving their line, and I think the forte will be a force to be reckoned with as far as sales and value goes.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65903
What I Drive: 2003 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841

FF Reputation: 2 JibLxA Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Sorry about your mom there. Talk to her more and try to get that thing!

every KIA i've been in or seen I've disliked in one way or another. the Forte might look a notch up from the other kia's but I'm sure there's much better cars like it. Just what i think though.
'03 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841 Built 04/01/2003
'01 Twilight Blue Sedan (SOLD)

Hatch Nation #04
Old 08-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
Banned

Fan#: 66798
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Hatchback SE

FF Reputation: 5 CFed28 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sucks with your mom not co signing. Hate to brag but my dad wanted me to get rid of the SHO so bad he said hell cosign lol. Not a big fan of kia would rather get something with a bigger rep like a toyota or hyundai.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65903
What I Drive: 2003 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841

FF Reputation: 2 JibLxA Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh9Focus View Post
Not a big fan of kia would rather get something with a bigger rep like a toyota or hyundai.
OR Ford
'03 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841 Built 04/01/2003
'01 Twilight Blue Sedan (SOLD)

Hatch Nation #04
Old 08-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
Focus Addict

well i wouldnt get a kia i just really like what he said about the engine, and my plan wassss to get an ST then when i sold my focus i have now i was gonna get the focussport stage 2 turbo kit and build the tranny, but my dreams are pretty much pissed on now by my dumb drunk mom
Old 08-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #9
Shot me 3 deer!!!

Fan#: 53541
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 2 7.3 L Diesel Excursions!

Points 28,516, Level 99
Points: 28,516, Level: 99 Points: 28,516, Level: 99 Points: 28,516, Level: 99
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 42 mlbbaseball Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (69)
If you get a kia, i shun you!!!

Shun Shun Shun Shun!!!

Now I rive 2 7.3 L diesel trucks!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:46 PM   #10
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 15,007, Level 79
Points: 15,007, Level: 79 Points: 15,007, Level: 79 Points: 15,007, Level: 79
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Sorry, but I don't blame your mom at all. Obviously you don't take care of your car very well since it "feels like it's going to fall apart" as you said.
Since it was this way why didn't you prioritize your money? Obviously the car needed work, yet you spent money to go to a concert and neglected work the car needed. Yet your mad because she won't cosign. ever think maybe she sees the pattern too?
No matter what car a person has, if they don't take care of it it will become a piece of crap.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.