who thinks cash for clunkers os crap? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43460
What I Drive: 2007 pitch black zx3 ses

FF Reputation: 16 zx32nr Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
who thinks cash for clunkers os crap?

Ok well I know we are all focus fans and a lot of us have been for a long while. Myself since 02. What about other people driving small economy vehicles that would like to get into a new car. A lot cannot. My finance's car trans went in her 95 saturn. She went to many dealerships and nobody would give her the rebate. To me that is bul isht.
They shouldn't call it cash for clunkers. Instead they should call it gas guzzlers for economy vehicles.
And my final thought is (I know I am going to prob get a lot of heat for this) they should take in anything but only give you rebates on domestic car companies.
I know a lot of domestic cars are made in canada and mexico but the fact of the matter is the billions and billions of dollars from sales go to the ceo's.
If they go to domestic ceo's than that cash is well spent in the united states (hopefully)
If they go to foreign ceo's than they spend our hard earned working money to stimulate the european or japanese markets.
I'm sorry but that in my opinion would make the economy boost a little more than it has from this deal.

Well that's my rant. Maybe I typed this cause I am tired and bored in bed or maybe it will change the country. Either way it was good to get off my chest, lol

Posted via FF Mobile

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2009, 02:31 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68159
What I Drive: Ferrari 308...in my dreams. :)

FF Reputation: -1 D.Boone Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
This Obama administration program is a total fiasco and waste of taxpayer money. Taking taxpayer money from most people who can't afford a new car and giving it to people with much MORE money, who CAN afford a new car, so THEY can get up to a $4,500 discount. This is outrageous and an abuse of American citizens!

I suggest a FAR better plan is just to GIVE BACK the $4,500 in taxpayer money to the people who PAID IT, instead of giving it to people who already CAN afford a new car! Let THEM decide where THEIR money needs to be spent and not some Mega-government Obama style!

"Big government isn't the answer, big government is the problem"! - Pres.Ronald Reagan
Old 08-15-2009, 02:42 AM   #3
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

Points 21,937, Level 92
Points: 21,937, Level: 92 Points: 21,937, Level: 92 Points: 21,937, Level: 92
Level Up 59% Completed
Level up: 59% Level up: 59% Level up: 59%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
My first question when I heard of the C4C ponzie scheme was,"Hmm, I wonder how He[Obama] plans on paying for this...?". There are far too many dead-eyed Sheeple walking the streets of America to exact any real change, so the 46% of Us who actually vote need to force this change. I said it before the election and I'll say it again, Anybody who thinks Democrats will save Our collective asses financially have no concept of reality, and should be beat about the head until They realize the error of Their ways.

Simply put, Regime Change Starts at Home.

Some People enjoy the a=old addage,"Love It or leave It". I like to say,"Change It or lose It". We're losing it, Folks. What're You gonna do about it?
Old 08-15-2009, 03:26 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 64914
What I Drive: 06 red ZX4, 04 silver SVT cobra

FF Reputation: 8 NeweracapMAN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
the only thing i like about it is that WE GOT SO MANY NEW MEMBERS!!!! becuase of it

i never liked obama and i never wanted him to be president!!
he is obvisously stupid man....i personally believe he won based on race (just my opinion)
i never liked politics but for school i had to watch those dumb deabtes and he jsut seemed dumb....so i guess he proved me right and has already proved how stupid he is by NOT THINKING!!! about the outcome or how to pay for stuff
Team Duratec #08
Old 08-15-2009, 03:31 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67836
What I Drive: 09 Vista Blue SE Sedan & 99 Tracker

FF Reputation: 8 calvin1234 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeweracapMAN View Post
the only thing i like about it is that WE GOT SO MANY NEW MEMBERS!!!! because of it
And I'm one of those new members. And does that make me an Obama lackey even though I didn't vote for him?
Old 08-15-2009, 04:10 AM   #6
Flipping Rockstar

Points 21,937, Level 92
Level Up 59% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin1234 View Post
And I'm one of those new members. And does that make me an Obama lackey even though I didn't vote for him?
Nope. I, for One, am happy to welcome Anyone who loves Their car. Personally, I really hope that Everyone who did the C4C trade can foot the new bill that a good number of didn't have before(read:car payment), and I'm also thrilled that two of the top beneficiaries of this program were students with hand-me-down junkers with understanding parents, and Ford. The one Company that never took a penny of the B[S]ailout. But I have this sinking feeling that ALOT of repos are going to take place in the next 6 months. Honestly, if I had the $$, I'd buy a tow truck and apply for a vehicle recovery license again...
Old 08-15-2009, 04:21 AM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67836
What I Drive: 09 Vista Blue SE Sedan & 99 Tracker

FF Reputation: 8 calvin1234 Good Standing Member
Actually, the worst argument against CARS is that there will be a rash of repos in the future from it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The credit crunch is so bad that unless you have a FICO of AT LEAST 750 creditors want to see cash down IN ADDITION to CARS and rebates so you will be in positive equity during the life of the loan and as proof you can handle a car payment. I got 3500 from CARS, 2500 from Ford, (a third of the cost of the Focus!) and Ford Credit STILL wanted a 3000 down payment.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:53 AM   #8
Flipping Rockstar

Points 21,937, Level 92
Level Up 59% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin1234 View Post
Actually, the worst argument against CARS is that there will be a rash of repos in the future from it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The credit crunch is so bad that unless you have a FICO of AT LEAST 750 creditors want to see cash down IN ADDITION to CARS and rebates so you will be in positive equity during the life of the loan and as proof you can handle a car payment. I got 3500 from CARS, 2500 from Ford, (a third of the cost of the Focus!) and Ford Credit STILL wanted a 3000 down payment.

Sorry, gotta ask...Why,again, is the credit crunch still bad? WTF happened to the almost $1 trillion We Taxpayers were forced to "loan" to the Financial Industry? Don't get Me wrong, I really hope You and all Others do well, but well, if You can show Me 1 Government-controlled operation that has shown a profit in the last 10 years, and I'll gain a little faith.

BTW, $3000 down on a new car is about right. You will only see the C4C monies in the form of a selective price reduction. Still, a good deal is a good deal, and I'm glad People are taking advantage of it. I would if I hadn't screwed up and bought a fuel efficient car before the proverbial crap hit the fan.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:55 AM   #9
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51482
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 INCUBUSRATM Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Oh God, another political debate thread about C4C...

I have a feeling these are gonna be popping up a lot from now on...
Old 08-15-2009, 05:25 AM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 56816
What I Drive: 2006 white ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 146 bluefront Excellent Standing Member bluefront Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
The thing that will always piss me off about C4C......the people who have been doing the right thing all along (driving small fuel efficient cars), are the ones having to foot the bill, without getting any benefits at all, even though their cars may be old "clunkers" with 200k on the odometer.

Brilliant idea BOB......

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.