Guilty? Not Guilty? Court advice. HELP NOW - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #1
le kittens meow

Fan#: 57964
What I Drive: 92 Burnt Orange Toyota Supra

Points 8,777, Level 63
Points: 8,777, Level: 63 Points: 8,777, Level: 63 Points: 8,777, Level: 63
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 aheroicrevolt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Guilty? Not Guilty? Court advice. HELP NOW

august 2008 i received my licesne back after getting it suspended. I went on driving until febuary of 2009 driving. IN febuary i was pulled over, and it was discovered i didnt actually have my license. How u ask? because i didnt pay a reinstatement fee when i got my license back. Therefore i went to court. This was my first court appearance, and i prepared a very good speech. I brought in documents showing i didnt know, and letters of recommendation and everything. Like i said, it was my first time in court. So the judge asked me how i plead. and i thought to myself. "well i was driving without one, but it wasent my fault" so i said. guilty....bad idea. All that evidence i had. out the window, automatically no trial no nothing, they slapped a fine on me, they suspended my license again for 3 months (i thought 6) and sent me on my way. Now it is august 5th 2009, I was pulled over again the other night because of my taillight. When the officer came to the window i just flat out told him that i didnt have my license (6 month suspension) and he said alright let me look at things. He comes back in a few minutes and says that the reason i dont have my license is BECAUSE I DIDNT pay a reinstatement fee!!! Confused i said, no i have paid that last febuary. and he said....Sir you received your license back 2 weeks ago, and u nee dot go down the to sec of state and pay this reinstatement fee, then also apear in court for driving without a license. So when i thought it was a 6 month suspension it was only 3....and now im in the EXACT SAME BOAT.....

my question is should i plead guilty this time? Is there even a reason to try and fight it? There going to see i was guilty before, why would they believe me now?
Or should i plead not guilty. I dont have alot of money, i cant pay the reinstatement fee anyway, I have a full time commission job-therefore i can show i havent made hardly anything, i havent made any extra money, i go to college full time, i travel all over the state for my work, I REALLY cant afford to have it suspended again.

Do i have a case if i plead not guilty?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #2
le kittens meow

Fan#: 57964
What I Drive: 92 Burnt Orange Toyota Supra

Points 8,777, Level 63
Points: 8,777, Level: 63 Points: 8,777, Level: 63 Points: 8,777, Level: 63
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 aheroicrevolt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
bump. help.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing Member Egz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Get a lawyer. They understand vehicle and licensing laws better than us.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
It's been fun.......

Fan#: 1409
What I Drive: Boosted ZX5 ATX - 179WHP/158TQ

FF Reputation: 2 Focusedat50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
I know you may not have the money but I would also suggest that you find a way to get a lawyer. Right now you are simply going in circles because it appears you don't know/understand how it all works or the requirements (or you're just not paying attention). You need someone who knows the system (and the judge possibly) to help get you back on the right track. Otherwise, in the long run you'll end up paying more money and spending more time in court than necessary.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #5
I don't care

Fan#: 19367
What I Drive: '99 Saab 9-3

Points 7,098, Level 55
Points: 7,098, Level: 55 Points: 7,098, Level: 55 Points: 7,098, Level: 55
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 13 ZX4STDoug Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Bill, is this the SAME tail light that was out in JANUARY at the G2G Blake had in Kzoo ?? If so, and you never got it fixed, wtf are you complaining about ?
Old 08-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #6
Hotswapzzz or Bust

Fan#: 51657
What I Drive: 1984 Rabbit L

Points 5,457, Level 47
Points: 5,457, Level: 47 Points: 5,457, Level: 47 Points: 5,457, Level: 47
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 5 blkfocuszx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Maybe you should sell some of your mods to pay for the necessary things, without a license your mods do you no good, and are totally pointless.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
RB25 = Amazing

Fan#: 62344
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT ZX5, 1991 240sx

FF Reputation: 5 SVTflyer03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^2. I know this sucks, sorry. But i think you could plead not guilty and tell them that no one even told you that you get get your liscence back. And maybe just get out of driving without it because you work a full time job and HAVE to drive, you have no way of transportation etc. Good luck man.

SVTf 5-door #892 out of about 2200

Hi
Old 08-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67570
What I Drive: '13 Mustang V6 vert

FF Reputation: 4 Robotaz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You're going to have to shop for a lawyer. Just call them and tell them what the deal is and ask what they will charge to a.) represent you, and b.) counsel you with no representation. I would think that they would help you for $100-$200 with no representation, but I could be way off.

Hopefully you are learning that this court system that we have is a nightmare that sucks people in, many for their entire lives. The best way to stay out is follow the rules to the T, and if you don't understand them, hang out at the DMV until you do. I found that out by letting my insurance lapse in a state where I went to college years ago. They slapped that SR72 crap on me and I had to pay DUI insurance rates for years, which kept me from being able to afford to drive for almost two years during school. It's a really messed up system and you can thank that very same system (i.e. attorneys, insurance companies, greedy law enforcement, etc) for the headaches. It's like any bureaucracy, they have to create more work to keep their jobs so they just make the front door a revolving one so that you come right back in. Until you're smart enough to get out of the door you'll keep going back in.

Good luck!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67411
What I Drive: 2007 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 BlackHayze Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTflyer03 View Post
^2. I know this sucks, sorry. But i think you could plead not guilty and tell them that no one even told you that you get get your liscence back.
That wouldn't work for trying to get off not-guilty, that's just admitting that he knew he didn't have a license and still decided to get up in the morning and drive.

The full time job might have a slim chance at working, depending on the judge. I think you should just plead guilty, because you were driving without a license when you thought you couldn't even go to get a license. Your best shot would be to try to explain your whole situation, because you didn't know you had a reinstatement fee the first time, and that's the reason you don't have a license now, and now that you know you'll just go pay your reinstatement fee and your broken tail light fee. If you get a judge who's not a total jackass you should be fine with that story.

Don't go on just my advice though, does anyone else think that'll work?
Old 08-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

Points 12,815, Level 73
Points: 12,815, Level: 73 Points: 12,815, Level: 73 Points: 12,815, Level: 73
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Bill,
I have no idea which way you should plead however I would think maybe you'll start to consider fixing the light now?
by the time you get done with all these court fees, lawyers, vehicle license re-instation stuff you could replaced the entire passenger side wiring harness and gotten a new light
'99 Triumph Daytona

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.